Quest Bars : What's the Hype?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love them!! I've tried a lot of protein bars and none are as good as quest bars!
    I bought a box of 12 today for $55 :open_mouth: if they Weren't good I Wouldn't be paying that much! Chocolate brownie microwaved for 9 seconds... perfect :bigsmile:

$4.50 for a bar?!

Yeah usually $5.25 each. My supplement store could have done me a deal of $42 for 12, but they had run out of the flavours i wanted! :angry:

You must not be in the US. I mean, they're expensive here but not that bad.

I'm in Australia. EVERYTHING costs more here :disappointed:

Well, on the plus side you get the Great Barrier Reef and most of the world's marsupials. :flowerforyou:
  • rhondafaith9459
    rhondafaith9459 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok here's the dealyo they are really good, some of them, I like the vanilla almond the best, bbbbbuuuutttttttt i just saw a youtube video telling people that the STATE of ca is suing them for miss labeling, calories understated and fiber overstated.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love them!! I've tried a lot of protein bars and none are as good as quest bars!
    I bought a box of 12 today for $55 :open_mouth: if they Weren't good I Wouldn't be paying that much! Chocolate brownie microwaved for 9 seconds... perfect :bigsmile:

$4.50 for a bar?!

Yeah usually $5.25 each. My supplement store could have done me a deal of $42 for 12, but they had run out of the flavours i wanted! :angry:

Well, on the plus side you get the Great Barrier Reef and most of the world's marsupials. :flowerforyou:

But but, you have ALL the celebrities and the most awesome eating establishments! We don't even have sizzler where I am any more, which was my most favourite place :cry:

But seriously, we have a koala in the tree in my back yard right now, which is pretty cool :sunglasses:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.

I saw they had chips!!! I definitely would not eat the serving size on those! :(

Why not? They're 120 calories.
  • Nikkei74
    Nikkei74 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @christinev297 do you have a GNC nearby? I've got them for around $3 each in Melbourne. Personally, I find the flavours a bit hit and miss. The chocolate brownie one is ok, but the lemon pie is absolutely repulsive. They're all way too sweet for my taste, plus have a weird texture. I prefer home made by a long shot.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options

$4.50 for a bar?!

Hahaha same here.. we pay way too much!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Ok here's the dealyo they are really good, some of them, I like the vanilla almond the best, bbbbbuuuutttttttt i just saw a youtube video telling people that the STATE of ca is suing them for miss labeling, calories understated and fiber overstated.

It's true. Well the plaintiff is David Takeda not the state of California but there is a lawsuit. Along with a bunch of false advertisement claims and what not they're claiming:

"Plaintiff alleges that certain Subject Bars understated their calories by at least 20% and overstated their dietary fiber by more than 750%." Filed Documents
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.

I saw they had chips!!! I definitely would not eat the serving size on those! :(

Why not? They're 120 calories.

I said I was wouldn't eat the serving size because I'd probably have the whole bag :#
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nikkei74 wrote: »
    @christinev297 do you have a GNC nearby? I've got them for around $3 each in Melbourne. Personally, I find the flavours a bit hit and miss. The chocolate brownie one is ok, but the lemon pie is absolutely repulsive. They're all way too sweet for my taste, plus have a weird texture. I prefer home made by a long shot.

No we don't have GNC. I've never heard of it

• wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They come in a variety of flavors. You will have to buy different ones until you find the ones that you like. They are pricey but good.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I said I was wouldn't eat the serving size because I'd probably have the whole bag :#

Ah, they are in bag servings. So eat the whole bag :p
    They are like a single-size chip bag.

They are really good (imo)
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them, the two flavors I tried had a really awful artificial sugar taste.
  • WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream are delicious. People say they are expensive but still cheaper to have a couple of quest bars when hungry than get a take away meal
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's true. Well the plaintiff is David Takeda not the state of California but there is a lawsuit. Along with a bunch of false advertisement claims and what not they're claiming:

"Plaintiff alleges that certain Subject Bars understated their calories by at least 20% and overstated their dietary fiber by more than 750%." Filed Documents

Anyone can make a claim, though. The question is if there is any validity to the claim. When we don't question accusations, we get the Salem Witch Trials.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

Anyone can make a claim, though. The question is if there is any validity to the claim. When you don't question accusations, you get the Salem Witch Trials. Just sayin'.

I was referring to the lawsuit; that's true there is one. Claim and allege by definition mean proof hasn't been provided or guilt established.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had my first quest bar today and I don't know, it was too sweet for me. Have yet to find the magical protien bar that's right for me : (
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

Ah, they are in bag servings. So eat the whole bag :p
    They are like a single-size chip bag.

They are really good (imo)

Yeah yeah! I don't like the BBQ but the salt and the cheddar are good. I like them if I need a second kick of protein and have already had a Quest bar that day, because fiber issues ha.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    ALso make you own bars.

way way way cheaper

Better macros

Healthy

Taste way better

http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    ALso make you own bars.

way way way cheaper

Better macros

Healthy

Taste way better

http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/

Wow! Awesome!! Thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    They're pretty expensive but you can get deals occasionally. The best deal is on the Quest Nutrition website on Cyber Monday & GNC often has buy three bars & get one free.

I bought the GNC Gold Card for around $15.00 since I'm impatient & hated waiting for the bars in the mail from the Quest website.

My favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & White Chocolate Raspberry. S'Mores, Brownie, Apple Pie, & Cookies & Cream are also not bad. The only flavors I didn't care for were Double Chocolate Chunk (I gave most of that box to my sister) & Lemon Cream.