Replies

• Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Avacados and nuts!
  • lizzihodges
    lizzihodges Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just a question about daily stats if anyone can help? On my daily stats I always eat over my protein goal, the exact amount of carbs but very few grams of fat. I try to stick at round 1200 kcal a day apart from a Saturday were I class one meal as a "cheat" (I don't go mad). My weight loss is very slow and it yoyo's alot so on average I loose about 1lb every 3 weeks. Could not eating enough fat be the reason?? HELP!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Just a question about daily stats if anyone can help? On my daily stats I always eat over my protein goal, the exact amount of carbs but very few grams of fat. I try to stick at round 1200 kcal a day apart from a Saturday were I class one meal as a "cheat" (I don't go mad). My weight loss is very slow and it yoyo's alot so on average I loose about 1lb every 3 weeks. Could not eating enough fat be the reason?? HELP!

Not eating enough fat will not stall your weight loss, but fat is important for a functioning body, maximizing vitamin absorption, and for promoting satiety.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot of weight to lose so you're not going to lose it quickly. 1 pound every few weeks is pretty good for someone with about 10 pounds to lose.

Scale fluctuations are completely normal. Weight loss isn't linear. We retain and lose water in response to our diet and exercise on a daily basis and that makes the scale go up and down. As long as the overall trend is downward, you're doing great.

All of that aside, more fat would probably be good for you. You can certainly try to add more using the suggestions earlier in the thread and see if it helps you reach your weight loss goal more quickly.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

going over on MFP's proteins is pretty much pointless- most people can eat well over 100 and be fine- I'd start to be more worried if you were hitting like 250-300 grams of protein a day- but honestly- anything over 100 and under 200 is fine.

how much weight do you have to lose? as you get smaller/closer to your goal the harder the losing process becomes.
  • lizzihodges
    lizzihodges Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 2 and a half stone and have around another 7 to 12lbs to loose depending on how I feel when I get there. Thanks for reassuring me that 1lb every 3 weeks is quite normal, I just feel like I've hit a brick wall but I will persevere and try and add a few good fats to my diet and reduce anything that's low fat that actually contains lots of sugar. The prediction of how much I will weigh in 5 weeks is very unrealistic for me but I am close to my goal so understand that the weight loss is slowing down. Thank you all for your replies :)
  • ksstewart222
    ksstewart222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today my daily goals are:
    Fat-51g
    Carbs-189g
    Protein-76g (I never have a problem with this)
    Calories-1350

Breakfast: oatmeal w 1tbsp sunflower seed butter & half a cup of apple cubes.
    Snack: 100g Greek yogurt & banana
    Lunch: 1/3 cup of chicken breast, 2 cups mixed salad (romaine, carrot, celery, cucumber, broccoli) with 1 tbsp California style dressing. 1/2 cup cooked beets, 1/2 cup green/yellow beans.

So far I'm at:
    Fat: 17g
    Carbs: 101g
    Protein: 36g

So....lots of good advice here! 189 grams of carbs is a lot anyway....but here are some ideas....

I agree with replacing the oatmeal with eggs for your breakfast. Full of good healthy fats and no carbs. Veggies in the morning help with ng level. Next year eggs with spinach mushrooms peppers onions little bit of cheese on top some turkey bacon. Bananas are extremely high in carbs, as are most fruits. Stick with berries if you can. Don't skimp on the veggies, but limit your carbs from fruits and sources containing sugars and flowers. as far as fats go that is one of the most important things. You can go a lot higher than 50 grams a day. My best suggestion is to add a tablespoon of MCT oil every day. Start slow and work your way up to that amount, but it is a wonderful healthy fat that is available as an immediate source of energy and increases your daily fats by 14 grams per tablespoon.
    I am following a low calorie low carb moderate protein high fat program myself. Titanium CT oil every day despite my dads being at a good level. I mix it in with my yogurt drizzle it over veggies mix it with coffee lots of ways to enjoy it.Good luck!
    Kim
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    ribeye steak /thread

This!!^^^ plus cheese, cream, butter, avocado, and salmon.
  • ksstewart222
    Options
    So....lots of good advice here! 189 grams of carbs is a lot anyway....but here are some ideas....

I agree with replacing the oatmeal with eggs for your breakfast. Full of good healthy fats and no carbs. Veggies in the morning help with ng level. Next year eggs with spinach mushrooms peppers onions little bit of cheese on top some turkey bacon. Bananas are extremely high in carbs, as are most fruits. Stick with berries if you can. Don't skimp on the veggies, but limit your carbs from fruits and sources containing sugars and flowers. as far as fats go that is one of the most important things. You can go a lot higher than 50 grams a day. My best suggestion is to add a tablespoon of MCT oil every day. Start slow and work your way up to that amount, but it is a wonderful healthy fat that is available as an immediate source of energy and increases your daily fats by 14 grams per tablespoon.
    I am following a low calorie low carb moderate protein high fat program myself. Titanium CT oil every day despite my dads being at a good level. I mix it in with my yogurt drizzle it over veggies mix it with coffee lots of ways to enjoy it.Good luck!
    Kim
  • ksstewart222
    Options
    And geez....this posted before I could check it. I just love speech to text errors! But you get the gist...
    Kim
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    fat bombs
  • jessalynmilford501
    Options
    I love all of the advice! I've definitely had a much easier time the past couple of days. Adding 75%+ dark chocolate as a healthy food source has been the joy of my week.