What's your favorite breakfast?!

Options

Replies

• Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I honestly try not to eat many calories for breakfast. Most days I'll have a cup of coffee (1 tbsp sugar, 1/4 cup milk.) at 7am then some sort of fuel at 9am for my 9:30am workout, usually a banana. Then after my workout, about 11:00, I'll have a protein shake.Once in a blue moon I'll have a pb&j sandwich but that is so high in calories I don't do it often. Pretty boring huh? On the weekends however I sleep in so I might combine breakfast/lunch and make an egg/cheese/lettuce/tomato sandwich. Don't kill me but I don't like Bacon, yuck!
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    oats with egg whites, cinnamon, berries, flaxeed, greek yoghurt :disagree:
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My special go to when I get breakfast from Wawa is bacon, vegetable cream cheese, tomato, and cucumber on a toasted bagel.

Other times, I have chobani yogurts a lot, oatmeal, leftovers, stir fry. Almost anything, really
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes with Quest powder, a frozen banana, almond milk, and some flavored nut butter (preferrably Justin's Maple Almond, but I also enjoy Trader Joe's cookie butter!) blended with ice :) so good!
    While I'm addicted to pancakes, they just don't fill me nor give me energy, so the protein shake all the way!
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a protein bar of some sort on weekdays. On the weekend I usually make eggs or I was making oatmeal for awhile but I haven't been doing that lately.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually have:
    Banana, pb2, chocolate chips wrapped in a Joseph's flax/oat pita, or
    Homemade sausage egg mcmuffin, 175 calories, or
    Or 1/2 cup egg beaters, 3 slices Hormel pre-cooked bacon, a piece of toast

I like keeping breakfast and lunch light, because I like to snack in the evenings.
  • Summerluv326
    Summerluv326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds great! I will definitely be trying some of these breakfasts!!
  • MikeSanchez2323
    MikeSanchez2323 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or a half of whole wheat bagel with a little peanut butter and two hard boiled egg whites.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    1/2 c egg whites, whole wheat english muffin, sargento thin sliced cheese and add meat if I have any handy.

plain oatmeal with 1 tsp b sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 almond milk

scrambled egg whites, veggies if you have any and shredded cheese with wheat toast

wheat toast, pb and banana

I like cereal but find that 1 serving just doesn't hold me as long as other breakfast options
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    rye or sourdough bread - slice and toast

Top with mashed avocado thats been salted a bit, lemon juice then add on some goats cheese and tomato and mint leaves, use the amounts that fit you intake

Eggs cooked in a bit of butter

Left over dinner is always good

Lots of vegies good too.

• Sydking
    Options
    I hate sweet breakfast foods anyway. Dont know how poeple can eat pancakes first thing in the morning.

Late night snack no probs
  • Sydking
    Options
    i also make big bathes of huevos rancheros which is great.

Eggs and Beans :)
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Smoothies: low fat greek yogurt + banana + greens + fruit (I usually do frozen strawberries or mixed berries) + unsweetended vanilla almond milk + ground flax seed

-I started doing green smoothies last summer and they are amazing: help me start my day right with lots of nutrients and help me get veggies, which I generally don't enjoy eating, but I don't even taste the spinach or kale! Lots of carbs, so it's good to add in the protein via the yogurt and the fat via the flax seeds. I'd like to try adding protein powder soon too. Sometimes I skip the extra fruit and add peanut butter and unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolatly protein hit!
  • MarvelousMrs
    MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all you "green" smoothie drinkers. Does a regular blender really mix up the spinach or kale small enough that there aren't chunks? And can you really not taste it? I'm looking to try something new.... and smoothies seems like a great go-to.
  • beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like having two large eggs with turkey sausage and maybe a serving of fruit, it has enough protein and substance to keep me filled up and is around 320 calories depending on the fruit.
  • cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    anything with sausage in it...
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a small, short stack of pancakes with a bit of real maple syrup. Bacon on the side and a cup of black hot coffee make it complete.

My everyday, healthy breakfast is a smoothie made with 140g frozen berries, 115g Greek yogurt, 20g honey, and 70g water put through my Vitamix for about 90 seconds (seeds are not a problem after that). I usually drink a tall glass of iced coffee a little while later to completely wake up.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,526 Member
    Options
    Eggs any old way. Soft-boiled, fried, scrambled, omelets, sometimes with bacon, canadian bacon and/or cheese, spinach, etc
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    smhoque wrote: »
    try turkish Shakshuka. its filling too

I've never heard of 'shakshuka' but I make a similar type thing for breakfast in the cast iron, with the eggs in a roasted poblano and tomato sauce and then serve with home made corn tortillas, top with feta, avocado, and mexican hot sauce.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Right now if I eat breakfast, I eat half a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, diced strawberries and half a serving of chocolate granola.

I also like a western egg scramble with peppers, onions, and mushrooms and maybe some cheese.