30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• wackadoodle87
    wackadoodle87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im starting level 1 today great to see so many ppl trying this good luck all :)
  • misszania1982
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm just about to do day one of level 2 can't wait to start it. I definitely noticed a difference in my fitness after day 5 of level one I noticed I was sweating less and my legs started too ache less I lost 3.5lb after 7 days aswell. I probably won't be able to walk after this one lol.... Good luck everyone :)

I've just done day 9 on level 2 and I'm still sweating after I'm done, the pic below was me after yesterdays shred.

IMAG0715_zpszefm8a79.jpg

I'm going to miss level 2 and I have no idea what 3 has in store for me!

Wow well done Tracey you will have to let me know what level 3 is like and good luck :) You look great I would post a pic of what I looked like after today but it would scare you lol. I must say it was a bit of a shock doing day 1 the workout is definitely more intense than level 1 I can walk though which is a bonus Haha xx
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    @misszania1982‌ on level 2 I started on easier moves by day 4 starting the harder on the first sets, my knee raises got higher, I can now go all the way through on chair squats with V raise arm lift.

I like this shred because I do see a difference from day 1 to 10 and my fitness has improved no end. I've no idea what 3 has in store, I'll know in just 2 days time and I'm a little bit excited by this, lol.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today def harder but it felt good. Hate planks lol
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started in january...I make to level 2 for about 3 days and go back to level one LOL I think it's been 2 weeks since I did it last I need to get back into it. Worked wonders for my abs.
  • misszania1982
    Options
    I
    @misszania1982‌ on level 2 I started on easier moves by day 4 starting the harder on the first sets, my knee raises got higher, I can now go all the way through on chair squats with V raise arm lift.

I like this shred because I do see a difference from day 1 to 10 and my fitness has improved no end. I've no idea what 3 has in store, I'll know in just 2 days time and I'm a little bit excited by this, lol.

I managed to follow Natalie on the knee raises I struggled mainly with the abs one where u just raise your legs right up i could hardly do it, I also struggled with the walk down plank to push up I just did the plank with no push up as I tried and felt like my wrists were goin to snap and my head explode I was that hot Haha . I hope by day 4 I'm following Natalie on everything but really don't think I'll ever be able to do a push up lol :( I'm a mum of 4 and I am quite slim just wanted to tone up and really improve my fitness, I couldn't jog up my stairs without getting out of breath n sweaty I am so glad I started this shred 11 days in i feel so much fitter it's amazing. I'll be thinking of you in 2 days I'm sure you will do great :)
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Its funny what one person struggles with another doesn't. But everyone who sticks at it really do seem to see improvements.
  • misszania1982
    Options
    Yeah it is, we should all be giving our selves a huge pat on the back for doing this lol :D day 30 here we come
  • lisyg3737
    lisyg3737 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just completed level 1 this morning. I'm planning on starting level 2 tonight.
  • misszania1982
    Options
    lisyg3737 wrote: »
    Just completed level 1 this morning. I'm planning on starting level 2 tonight.
    Good luck :) let us know how you get on
  • Somaye94
    Somaye94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred a few months ago, it was great... this discussion motivated me to start again... I am going to start tomorrow :D
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting 30 Day Shred based on the raves I have read here. My only concern is this: My knees are not super great. I can't really jump and it can be difficult for me to get on or up from the floor with any kind of grace or speed. I can do single leg lefts while on my back but have trouble raising both at the same time (not sure if that is a knee issue or not). I am okay with squats and lunges. I modify on T25 but skip AB Intervals and Total Body Circuit because there is a lot of getting up and down and it gets frustrating. I am hopeful that when I lose some more weight I will be able to attempt them successfully. I plan on getting through that whole program, just not as quickly as most people do. So would you recommend the Shred or not? If not, what else might you recommend? If it makes a difference to your advice, I am female, 51, 5'10 and CW 216, having lost 19 pounds since January. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred for about a month now. Tomorrow I start level 3. In the past I've always given up, so this time I told myself I would take my time. I haven't been concerned with doing it EVERY day. If I'm sick, tired, unmotivated then I don't do it and continue the next day. Level 2 took me longer than Level 1 because I HAAAATED it. haha. I'm hoping Level 3 is better.

After Level 1 I lost 5.5 inches. After level 2 I lost another 3 inches. I'm down 6lbs in total.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I am on day 7 of level 2 and I am liking this level better than level 1. I'm still sweating after the 20 min so I think thats a good sign. Good for you Tracey!
  • jadior
    Options
    Yeah it is, we should all be giving our selves a huge pat on the back for doing this lol :D day 30 here we come

Absolutely!!
  • misszania1982
    Options
    xp0sed wrote: »
    I've been doing the 30 day shred for about a month now. Tomorrow I start level 3. In the past I've always given up, so this time I told myself I would take my time. I haven't been concerned with doing it EVERY day. If I'm sick, tired, unmotivated then I don't do it and continue the next day. Level 2 took me longer than Level 1 because I HAAAATED it. haha. I'm hoping Level 3 is better.

After Level 1 I lost 5.5 inches. After level 2 I lost another 3 inches. I'm down 6lbs in total.

Awesome :) Well done on the loss good luck for level 3
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started Level 3 today. I like it MUCH better than Level 2 but oh wow, my legs were BURNING. I had to stop a couple times but that's okay. I love seeing how I progress throughout the level.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I have been thinking of getting 30 Day Shred based on the raves I have read here. My only concern is this: My knees are not super great. I can't really jump and it can be difficult for me to get on or up from the floor with any kind of grace or speed. I can do single leg lefts while on my back but have trouble raising both at the same time (not sure if that is a knee issue or not). I am okay with squats and lunges. I modify on T25 but skip AB Intervals and Total Body Circuit because there is a lot of getting up and down and it gets frustrating. I am hopeful that when I lose some more weight I will be able to attempt them successfully. I plan on getting through that whole program, just not as quickly as most people do. So would you recommend the Shred or not? If not, what else might you recommend? If it makes a difference to your advice, I am female, 51, 5'10 and CW 216, having lost 19 pounds since January. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Nikki. I'm 50 and we are very close to the same height/weight. I have done 30DS off and on for years and while I do get very sore (and I hate all the planks in level 2) I seem to be able to handle the moves just fine. I use 3 pound hand weights. The jumping moves can be modified except for the jumping jacks.

You may want to look into Jillian's Beginner Shred which she released last September. You could use that as a way to build up to 30DS. I haven't done the beginner shred but I've read good things.

Whatever you decide, I hope you keep moving and losing. 19 pounds lost is fabulous!!

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

Hi Nikki. I'm 50 and we are very close to the same height/weight. I have done 30DS off and on for years and while I do get very sore (and I hate all the planks in level 2) I seem to be able to handle the moves just fine. I use 3 pound hand weights. The jumping moves can be modified except for the jumping jacks.

You may want to look into Jillian's Beginner Shred which she released last September. You could use that as a way to build up to 30DS. I haven't done the beginner shred but I've read good things.

Whatever you decide, I hope you keep moving and losing. 19 pounds lost is fabulous!!

Thank you, DaneanP., for taking the time to advise me. That is helpful information and I am going to do as you suggest. One problem solved today! woot!
  • jadior
    Options
    Hi Nikkib0103, I am doing the beginner shred because I hadn't done anything in years. I'm 51. I'm in the middle of level 2 now, and I still sweat during the workouts. I found level 1 a bit boring after about 5 days but I worked through it. I also realized if I put my music on and just watch its much more fun. Congrats on the 19lb loss! That's great!! Keep up the good work!