Any girls here that are trying to gain weight?

Options

Replies

• MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight, I am 5'4 and and currently about 103lbs, making my BMI 17.7. I've been trying to gain weight for months now and I go up to 107 and then lost my gains. I am on my feet all day at work and often don't have time to eat a real meal. I typically walk about 5 miles a day at work, burning 250-300 calories. It's just been a struggle to compensate for the calories I lose and add more on top of that to gain. I've been drinking Ensure Plus for three weeks without much luck. Ideally I would like to gain about 15lbs, but I can't even gain 5lbs.
  • PMSing247
    PMSing247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me!! I have been doing okay but struggling to gain after 138lbs! I am 5'3
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks natalie only three days for me. Results none yet. I am hoping this app will help me.

you really expected a result in 3 days?

3 weeks perhaps- but days?
    - Gurl please.
  • amberlynn2111
    Options
    I'm also trying to gain weight and it seems nearly impossible
  • MissMary75044
    Options
    I've tried so many things, calorie loading before bed, eating nothing but carbs and protein. I ate almost 3,000 calories Thursday and burned off 400. Managed to make my goal of 50/30/20 for carbs, fat, and protein.

Sometimes I think it's all genetic, I was a very skinny as a kid and into my teens. I didn't hit 100lbs until I was 15 or 16. It would be nice to fill out a shirt, bathing suit, or even a bra.
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It is hard and takes FULL-ON effort every single day. I set alarms to eat, and often have to push myself to eat when I'm not hungry. Ensure Plus, nuts/seeds, avocados, peanut butter, ProBars (370 calories a pop), no diet anything...logging accurately has helped. In the past two weeks I've finally gained just under a pound which I'm counting as a success. Keep pushing pushing pushing!
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I go from wanting to maintain to wanting to gain abit back am 5ft 2 and 105 pounds up 1 pound from yesterday ;)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I've tried so many things, calorie loading before bed, eating nothing but carbs and protein. I ate almost 3,000 calories Thursday and burned off 400. Managed to make my goal of 50/30/20 for carbs, fat, and protein.

Sometimes I think it's all genetic, I was a very skinny as a kid and into my teens. I didn't hit 100lbs until I was 15 or 16. It would be nice to fill out a shirt, bathing suit, or even a bra.
    no it takes dedicated time and work and patience.
    You must be over eating for months- not a week- not one day.

That's the thing that's so funny- people panic over eating one day- then the other half of people throw their hands up in dispair when they have 2 big days of over eating and don't see any gains.

IT TAKES TIME. To GAIN and to LOSE.
  • mrzhindz09
    Options
    I am trying to gain 10lbs. Struggle is I moved from nyc to sc and I am not a fan of the food here. Plus I don't eat meat. So it's harder. I have always been slim but I did gain a few pounds once I got married.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    mrzhindz09 wrote: »
    I am trying to gain 10lbs. Struggle is I moved from nyc to sc and I am not a fan of the food here. Plus I don't eat meat. So it's harder. I have always been slim but I did gain a few pounds once I got married.

Make you're own.

I moved from SoCal to Trenton NJ- I eat pretty much the same thing. You have the ability to eat ALL the things while bulking. Food should never be an issue.
  • alisiabutler906
    alisiabutler906 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain
  • nancybell77
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am so glad I am not in this alone. I am trying to gain weight. I started with myfitnesspal about 3 weeks ago and have went from 106 pounds to 109. I still feel I am under weight. I want to be around 130 but I don't want to gain fat I want muscle & healthy weight.
  • MissMary75044
    Options
    My goal is a pound a week, which requires just over 2,360 calories a day. Today I consumed 2,387 but burned off just over 300 so I still had a deficit of 280. My carb/fat/protein ratio was a bit off today, too much fat and not enough protein.

I threw in some junk food snacks, a serving of Better Cheddar crackers, Thin Mints, and two peanut butter cups to try and get calories. Put butter on my bagel instead of flavored cream cheese to cut sugar. Otherwise I snacked on Almonds, Kefir, Yogurt, and Ensure Plus.

I think I have just not been eating enough consistently, some days I binge on junk food. Everyone thinks it's funny because I am a size 0 and have eaten an entire bag of mini donuts in one day, or a box 12 chocolate covered cherries in one day.

• kaylanicol660
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight, I am 5'4 and and currently about 103lbs, making my BMI 17.7. I've been trying to gain weight for months now and I go up to 107 and then lost my gains. I am on my feet all day at work and often don't have time to eat a real meal. I typically walk about 5 miles a day at work, burning 250-300 calories. It's just been a struggle to compensate for the calories I lose and add more on top of that to gain. I've been drinking Ensure Plus for three weeks without much luck. Ideally I would like to gain about 15lbs, but I can't even gain 5lbs.

This is exactly where I am in my struggle to gain weight as we'll. nice to see that I'm not alone. :smiley:
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options

This is exactly where I am in my struggle to gain weight as we'll. nice to see that I'm not alone. :smiley:

• PMSing247
    Options
    My goal is a pound a week, which requires just over 2,360 calories a day. Today I consumed 2,387 but burned off just over 300 so I still had a deficit of 280. My carb/fat/protein ratio was a bit off today, too much fat and not enough protein.

I threw in some junk food snacks, a serving of Better Cheddar crackers, Thin Mints, and two peanut butter cups to try and get calories. Put butter on my bagel instead of flavored cream cheese to cut sugar. Otherwise I snacked on Almonds, Kefir, Yogurt, and Ensure Plus.

I think I have just not been eating enough consistently, some days I binge on junk food. Everyone thinks it's funny because I am a size 0 and have eaten an entire bag of mini donuts in one day, or a box 12 chocolate covered cherries in one day.

Be careful with eating junk! I use to do that and it backfired so what I do for quick calories and it's healthy fat is eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a cup or 2 of milk.
  • MissMary75044
    Options

Be careful with eating junk! I use to do that and it backfired so what I do for quick calories and it's healthy fat is eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a cup or 2 of milk.

Thats definitely my biggest struggle so far is getting the calories and keeping them healthy. I just ate dinner and thus far I still have a deficit of 724 calories. I'm thinking of having two Ensures tonight which should put me pretty close to my goal.
  • Wildcat_girl101
    Options
    JiveDoc wrote: »
    Me! About 20-25 pounds. LOTS of avocados and ice cream and coconut butter and oatmeal.

Ya LOTS of ice cream!!! Ya trying to gain some weight!! Weigh 75 pounds. Unhealthy!!
  • PMSing247
    Options

Thats definitely my biggest struggle so far is getting the calories and keeping them healthy. I just ate dinner and thus far I still have a deficit of 724 calories. I'm thinking of having two Ensures tonight which should put me pretty close to my goal.

I get tired of eating after while. I still need 500 calories and I'm not that hungry.
  • janeanfeller
    Options
    I am too! I've struggled with gaining/maintaining weight all my life. I was up to 100 lbs once, but mostly float in the mid to low 90s. I have a job where I'm on my feet a lot and I don't always have time for a real lunch - this, combined with a lack of focus on my diet, caused me to recently lose several pounds over the past few months. I'm almost 30 and weigh 88.4 lbs -yikes!!
    I've been having health issues and my doctor told me I need to get my weight up to at least 94 fast. My ultimate goal is 98.
    Good luck to everyone else! Feel free to add me!