Your cheat meal this week

Options
124»

Replies

• stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Last week my cheat meal was a Gouda burger grilled at home. I'm skipping my cheat meal this week since I hit a plateau. Next week it will be Chinese take out!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I ran a 1/2 marathon today. Caesar salad with homemade croutons, Parmesan and a Tenderloin steak.

It isn't really a cheat meal if my activities on the weekends allow me to eat sumptuous meals and still lose weight. I have kept off 50 pounds for 8 years.

+1

:)

• Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't really have them either, just make it work into calories and plan around it. Tomorrow I'm baking a pineapple upside down cake, so I've worked my day and calories around it to make it work.
  • FaizanRaza
    FaizanRaza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have sooooo many cheat meals but as long as the calories are in a defecit, progress shall be made. Some cheat meals can be so nice though e.g Peri peri chicken is grilled but absolutely gorgeous taste, I love grapes so nice but so light you can eat tonnes so they count as a cheat

Non oily food is actually really nice and way better quality than the oily ones.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    FaizanRaza wrote: »
    I have sooooo many cheat meals but as long as the calories are in a defecit, progress shall be made. Some cheat meals can be so nice though e.g Peri peri chicken is grilled but absolutely gorgeous taste, I love grapes so nice but so light you can eat tonnes so they count as a cheat

Non oily food is actually really nice and way better quality than the oily ones.

Where's the cheat here?

I think this may be a good point for people to define what they think to be a "cheat meal/day"..

It's not a word or phrase I use, but if I was pushed, for me it's something planned that takes me over my calorie and macro goals.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    39 days here ... 0 cheat days.

I don't understand why would a person want to "cheat" on their diets? I'm here to lose weight and get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. But maybe others have different goals.

That said, I have gone out to dinner a few times ... I've even eaten half a cheesecake (a small one). But it was all carefully pre-planned and within my calorie limit ... and everything was meticulously logged, so there was no "cheating". And believe me, I exercised my butt off for that cheesecake. That weekend, my husband and I cycled just shy of 140 km.

Maybe because they want to? Haha we have similar goals but different ways on achieving it. I for one don't like going over my calorie goal so I don't believe I've ever had a cheat day since I started MFP 8 months ago, but if people think a cheat meal is what keeps them going, then I'm roothing for them! ^.^

Today, I ate leftover eggplant wraps from last night + baked chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and 1 1/2 huge pieces so I'm pretty happy! Had my usual lunch and still have 600 cals for dinner :-)
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Last night's 9 inch American pizza with jalapeño cheese stuffed crust, and cheesy chips. Absolutely amazing and worth it, but I had exercised lots and been out and about all day so I only went over my calorie limit by a couple of hundred calories. Sometimes it just has to happen :)
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I Had one last night (unplanned as we got home late from my in law's). We had pizza and I drank a 750 ml carton of chocolate milk. Went over about 600 calories, but totally worth it! This Friday my hubby is taking me out for dinner to Red Lobster and that will be my cheat meal for the week. :)
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    since last summer I lost appetite for those 'cheat meals'. when the body is in perfect balance, I guess it just does not need any of those anymore and I am still happy! having said that, occasional deserts.... I would not say no :) but still I won't eat the whole portion, just share it with my friend(s)!
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    toblerone, toffifee and biscuits with forest-fruit filling were my dinner of 413 calories. didn't go over my allotted calories since I worked out for an hour today.
    I'm on the fence if I should call this a cheat, since I didn't go over my calories for the day or week for that matter. I was almost complete with my macros as well, before dinner, obviously I'm way over sugar now ;) no, not calling it a cheat, because it felt gooood in my soul, I was on the edge this whole week, feeling hungry and what-not. this felt spot on. :blush:
  • adriat
    adriat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In order to maintain my new lifestyle...I need to allow myself to be human sometimes! How can I never have Wings n things again??! Omg. I would die. I go over my calories...but hey...it be like that sometimes!!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Where's the cheat here?

I think this may be a good point for people to define what they think to be a "cheat meal/day"..

It's not a word or phrase I use, but if I was pushed, for me it's something planned that takes me over my calorie and macro goals.

Same here, where is the cheat if under one's goal? Something's amiss with the terminology.
  • vash_241987
    vash_241987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Local sandwich shop, 1/2 burger with red onions and lettuce on a sweet sourdough bun, bacon and Gouda cheese with a side of homemade mac n cheese with bacon, topped off with a beer. I usually go here 1-2 times a month. 5ervh2po6gmw.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Where's the cheat here?

Same here, where is the cheat if under one's goal? Something's amiss with the terminology.

I agree.

I eat anything I like ... as long as it is under my goal ... and I don't consider that cheating.

For example, on Saturday, my husband and I stopped at a bakery and I had a cauliflower and cheese pie and a blueberry-apple danish. Yummy!! Then for dinner he made a delicious potato-tuna bake and I had a huge portion. Also yummy!!

But none of that was cheating because we had done a 2.5 hour bicycle ride, and it came in under my goal.

I wouldn't eat like that on a day when I only did a 30 min (100 calorie) walk because it would throw me well over my goal. But one of the joys of exercising is that I can eat a bit more than usual, and I can have the flexibility to eat a wider variety of food. :)

• brandilog35
    brandilog35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut, supreme personal pan... About 750 calories that are totally well worth it!

I take a cheat day every two weeks, like a pay day for myself.