Can I get a flat stomach and flat abs if.....

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    clean eating has nothing to do with "abs"..

if you want "abs" do the following:

eat in a calorie deficit
    pay attention to macro and micro intake
    lift heavy (strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc) < pick a plan and stick to it.
    do cardio on off days if you want

yes, this means you can eat ice cream, pasta, bagels, etc just make sure that you are also eating nutrient dense foods like chicken/rice/vegetables/fish/ etc…

She's trolling. This is her 2nd or 3rd thread today.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is still kcal`s, still puts weight on you.

i'm not denying that it has calories. but a glass of wine has what, 150 calories in it?? easy enough to fit into a day. and besides anti-oxidants, it can help relieve stress and relax you.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    s

Only if you don't account for those cals....

The same can be said for any food or drink you consume.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eating clean does not include unhealthy meals, snacks and alcohol. You might want to revisit your goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

As does any food if you eat more than you need
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Okay, sorry, my bad, not a clean diet, but a healthy, balanced diet. Sorry for mixing the two up, had no idea there was a difference, now I do.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

eat in a calorie deficit
    lift heavy (strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc) < pick a plan and stick to it.

yes, this means you can eat ice cream, pasta, bagels, etc just make sure that you are also eating nutrient dense foods like chicken/rice/vegetables/fish/ etc…

If you think a person who asks two different questions in two different forums as they are not knowledgeable in those areas they are questioning, is a troll, then maybe you want to revisit how you judge people.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

eat in a calorie deficit

If you think a person who asks two different questions in two different forums as they are not knowledgeable in those areas they are questioning, is a troll, then maybe you want to revisit how you judge people.

Considering that your two questions are completely conflicting of one another, you may want to reconsider how you are representing yourself in these forums. If you really want to be taken seriously, stop fooling around and ask some serious questions. Both of the questions you have asked are completely inane and make no sense.
  • Elkroawolfan
    Options
    A glass of wine is about 70-100 kcal, it is fine in low amounts weekly for your sedentary person, your casual gym person but it has has a bad effect on fitness levels. If i drank wine each week my ability to cycle 6 miles at a fast pace would not be possible, i would struggle, my oxygen levels would be low and their would not be the capacity to lift my pace.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    A glass of wine is about 70-100 kcal, it is fine in low amounts weekly for your sedentary person, your casual gym person but it has has a bad effect on fitness levels. If i drank wine each week my ability to cycle 6 miles at a fast pace would not be possible, i would struggle, my oxygen levels would be low and their would not be the capacity to lift my pace.

This is not true.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

None of your reasons for not drinking are because it "puts weight on you" ....

If drinking causes performance issues for you than it is a great reason not to, but this was not your original argument. Shrug**
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

The effect of alcohol varies person to person. I drink wine or beer pretty much every night, sometimes more than 1 glass. My gym performance has not suffered in the slightest. So to each their own
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Lol dude. It's wine, not cigarettes. I'm a Triathlete and just did a half marathon two weeks ago, and I drink plenty. I spent forty minutes on my trainer this morning and ran six miles yesterday, and I'm having a glass of wine as I wrote this.

Cheers
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

6 whole miles!
    Drinking a nice glass of sauvignon blanc right now and I cycled 64 miles yesterday.

Please tell me how wine affects your oxygen levels?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I think you should reread it. Look at the title. I haven't even started yet. I personally think one unhealthy meal a day compared to the rest of a day of healthy eating is something called a healthy lifestyle. ONE or two healthy snacks compared to the rest of the day healthy eating. That is pretty healthy to me, considering how I eat at the moment.

One unhealthy meal a day ie. a big mac and fries, can put me over my daily calories, so yes, it won't work for you. Getting drunk does not equate to having a social life. Loads of people have a social life and don't get drunk....
    You have to face the facts and reconsider what is important to you....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

6 whole miles!
    Drinking a nice glass of sauvignon blanc right now and I cycled 64 miles yesterday.

Please tell me how wine affects your oxygen levels?

I regularly have a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday night and then run at least 5 miles on a Saturday...
  • Elkroawolfan
    Options
    What is not true?, If i put someone who drinks alcohol every week through some really serious cardiovascular exercise, they would fatigue quickly, muscle cramping would occur, and their hearts ability to cope with the increased work load on it would be too much for it to take.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    What is not true?, If i put someone who drinks alcohol every week through some really serious cardiovascular exercise, they would fatigue quickly, muscle cramping would occur, and their hearts ability to cope with the increased work load on it would be too much for it to take.

...I take it you were never in the military.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I'm guessing this is your attempt at humour?
    A bit like your profile - "2-3 kg weights for resistance training".

Hopefully no-one is gullible enough to believe you are serious.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Anytime man