What's your favorite breakfast?!

Options
124»

Replies

• Nikkei74
    Nikkei74 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Half an avo smashed with feta and topped with a poached egg keeps me full for hours on a Sunday. If I'm particularly starving, I'll have it with toasted sourdough. Works pretty well with smoked salmon, too. For really special occasions, I like a cinnamon waffle with grilled peach and a dollop of mascarpone. On workdays, I usually just have a coffee and maybe some fruit toast or strawberries.
  • Tessaishere
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and fruit! Hold me over perfectly
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Egg with spinach and kale omelet mmmmmmmm
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all you "green" smoothie drinkers. Does a regular blender really mix up the spinach or kale small enough that there aren't chunks? And can you really not taste it? I'm looking to try something new.... and smoothies seems like a great go-to.
    i don't know about regular blenders...that sounds questionable. I have a nutribullet, and it really does liquefy spinach. i haven't tried kale yet. The nutribullet is about $100 but sometimes on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and if you have a 205 off coupon, the cost is very reasonable. I make 'smoothie bags' ahead of time and freeze them. Works great. My green smoothie is

1 cup baby spinach
    handful parsley
    1/2 pear
    1/4 avocado
    a hunk of celery
    a small piece of ginger
    a squeeze of lemon
    coconut water
    agave (optional)
    vegetable protein powder (optional)
    1/4 cup rolled oats uncooked

you can freeze everything in a sandwich bag (i freeze the coconut water in an ice cube tray and put it in a giant baggie and then take out exactly as much as i need) and then making breakfast is a speedy event!

another good one is the Purple Popeye:

1 cup spinach
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/4 c rolled oats uncooked
    vegetable protein powder
    splash of vanilla
    1 tbsp agave
    light almond milk (you can freeze this in an ice cube tray also)

it turns a little gray from the protein powder, but of course the more blueberries you put, the more purple it is! kids love this.

sometimes i sub the blueberries for cherries and add a squirt of chocolate syrup.

my DH likes to sub bananas and peanut butter and chocolate syrup.

i freeze everything that i can because i like to have a slushy-like consistency to keep me from drinking it too fast - otherwise breakfast is over too quickly.

i usually have a smoothie about 10am, and i'm good until about 1:30 to 2:30pm.

• nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh dear, make that a 20% off coupon, not a 205 coupon!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    Well, this weekend was maple in the County so we got the grilled walnut and apple sausage in a waffle cone with a drizzle of maple syrup at the Winery we visited and a baco noir. Hey, it's Sunday.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    1 banana, 1 tsbp cocoa powder, 1 cup vanilla almond milk.. awesome smoothie in the morning :)

Oatmeal as well with these ingredients.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Homemade smoothie: nonfat Greek yogurt, almond milk, Frozen berries, pb2, spinach, kale, chia, goji, moringa, protein powder, almonds
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    One tangelo, one granola bar, two cups of French vanilla coffee - black and sometimes one cup of skim milk.

After a weekend 5k, 10k, or more: Waffle House Two Egg special, over easy with hot sauce, wheat toast with butter and jelly, bacon, and hash browns covered, peppered and chunked.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I eat a quest bar usually within 10-15 minutes of waking up at 7am and then between 10-11am I have a 80 calorie greek yogurt and a banana.

Weekends I'm a sucker for an egg white omelette and toast with fruit.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Pancakes and turkey sausage...yea, I know it's high in calories and carbs....my biggest meal of the day is breakfast.