No bread!

Options
My food addiction seems to be plain bread.It's really fattening and provides the organism with zero nutrients. So I've decided to cut it out of my life.Wish me luck!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What bread are you eating that has no nutrients?
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The what now?
  • bigbla711
    bigbla711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Metaphorically zero nutrients :blush:
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Good luck,I love bread
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    What bread are you eating that has no nutrients?

Sounds like Wish Sandwiches and Ricochet Biscuits ...

Bow bow bow ...
  • bigbla711
    Options
    Good luck,I love bread

Thank you
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Why??

My normal bread is 90 calories for 2 slices with 6g of protein, 2 fat, and 5 fiber. Or sometimes I will treat myself with my favorite. 2 slices for 200 calories with 10g of protein, 4 fat, and 8 fiber. Looks like a lot of good nutrients to me.

Good luck with that though. I tried cutting it and ended up over doing it a few days later.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Carbs! Yummy-ness! Pair it up with peanut butter and you hit all your macros. It's got a soft fluffy middle and crunchy edges. What is there not to love?

All food is fattening if you eat too much of it. I store my bread in the freezer and have one or two slices a day.
  • bigbla711
    Options
    Good luck with that.

Yes,luck is needed o:)
  • bigbla711
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Carbs! Yummy-ness! Pair it up with peanut butter and you hit all your macros. It's got a soft fluffy middle and crunchy edges. What is there not to love?

All food is fattening if you eat too much of it. I store my bread in the freezer and have one or two slices a day.
    You are right.But you see...if I eat one slice then suddenly I end up eating the entire thing. :(
  • bigbla711
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    Why??

My normal bread is 90 calories for 2 slices with 6g of protein, 2 fat, and 5 fiber. Or sometimes I will treat myself with my favorite. 2 slices for 200 calories with 10g of protein, 4 fat, and 8 fiber. Looks like a lot of good nutrients to me.

Good luck with that though. I tried cutting it and ended up over doing it a few days later.

I know it's extreme...
    Thank you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hence, the freezer. Slows you down until your frontal lobes have time to engage.
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiacs in June of 2013. It took me about 2 months to really get over my loss. I honestly mourned for weeks.. Now I don't miss it at all. It is a bit of a pain to eat out but in the end, It is lovely! My best advice.. don't try to eat gluten free products! Just eat foods that are naturally gluten free. Abstinence is your friend when giving up bread!!!
  • bigbla711
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiacs in June of 2013. It took me about 2 months to really get over my loss. I honestly mourned for weeks.. Now I don't miss it at all. It is a bit of a pain to eat out but in the end, It is lovely! My best advice.. don't
    2014. try to eat gluten free products! Just eat foods that are naturally gluten free. Abstinence is your friend when giving up bread!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! Great advice! :D
  • bigbla711
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • MichaleneRN
    MichaleneRN Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP- I feel ya! Some foods tend to send me into a downward spiral >:) . White bread for me is one of them. I had to so some searching for what I felt was a good compromise. I tend to stick to the higer fiber wraps and high protein flatbreads. You know your body better than anyone, if you feel certain breads play a negative role in your weight loss...I say go for it.
  • bigbla711
    Options
    Thanke="MichaleneRN;31894742"]OP- I feel ya! Some foods tend to send me into a downward spiral >:) . White bread for me is one of them. I had to so some searching for what I felt was a good compromise. I tend to stick to the higer fiber wraps and high protein flatbreads. You know your body better than anyone, if you feel certain breads play a negitive role in your weight loss...I say go for it. [/quote]

Thank you for your support! (*) :D
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiacs in June of 2013. It took me about 2 months to really get over my loss. I honestly mourned for weeks.. Now I don't miss it at all. It is a bit of a pain to eat out but in the end, It is lovely! My best advice.. don't try to eat gluten free products! Just eat foods that are naturally gluten free. Abstinence is your friend when giving up bread!!!

Well said! I recently finished a gluten challenge and was screened for Celiac (talking to the GP next month) In addition to some digestive issues, gluten gives me eczema head to toe, and it clears up every time I go off it and I'm a little skeptical of gluten free products right now. It does feel a little bit like filling a diet with more starchy carbs and sugar than my liking. Cutting out gluten naturally has made me balance my diet, have more calorie mileage and get more nutrients than I was before.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Unless you actually have a gluten allergy or Celiac's, which is more rare than people these days think it is with the whole Gluten Free craze going on right now, you don't need to give up bread. Just go for an option that is high in fiber and whole grains. Yes, white bread doesn't have nearly as much nutrition value and is highly processed, but even that does have nutritional value. Everything you put in your mouth has SOME kind of nutritional value, even if it is just the carbohydrates for your body to break down into glucose for immediate energy :)

It's perfectly ok to eat bread in reasonable portion sizes. Just go for whole wheat or whole grain bread, and the fresher the better, since it has not been processed nearly as much.