No bread!

Options

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Dukan diet? It is a carb free diet that worked for me.
  • bigbla711
    bigbla711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Unless you actually have a gluten allergy or Celiac's, which is more rare than people these days think it is with the whole Gluten Free craze going on right now, you don't need to give up bread. Just go for an option that is high in fiber and whole grains. Yes, white bread doesn't have nearly as much nutrition value and is highly processed, but even that does have nutritional value. Everything you put in your mouth has SOME kind of nutritional value, even if it is just the carbohydrates for your body to break down into glucose for immediate energy :)

It's perfectly ok to eat bread in reasonable portion sizes. Just go for whole wheat or whole grain bread, and the fresher the better, since it has not been processed nearly as much.
    Thank you for your advice ;) have a nice day!
  • bigbla711
    Options

Yes I have heard of it.It quite limits the variety of foods so I m not really keen on following it.Thanks though :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Carb Free? No fruit? No veggies?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    ml86jfy8zego.jpg

errrr i mean bread!
  • languageSteph
    languageSteph Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bigbla711 wrote: »
    My food addiction seems to be plain bread.It's really fattening and provides the organism with zero nutrients. So I've decided to cut it out of my life.Wish me luck!

it is really good to know ur trigger foods. The freezer trick does not slow me down on mine, but works on everything else. I find that unleavened bread and leavened bread have diff affects on triggering eating more and my weight loss, but it is diff from one person to the next.

do what ur body needs n ignore neh sayers, esp during eating out moments.

• GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you. Bread is yummy. Carbs (not the fruits and veggies kind) are yummy, pasta is yummy. I have pretty much cut them from my daily diet and am managing beautifully. I wont say "never again", but I will say not daily, not even regularly. They're reserved for occasions, or situations where it can't be avoided (those are very few and far between). People will always ask you why? why do you NEED to do that? And I usually say why? why do you care so much? It's working for me, I no longer crave them - and if it gets to the point where OMG I NEED A SLICE OF BREAD - then I will eat a slice of bread. There are a hundred thousand meal options that are delicious, that don't include bread or pasta.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread is pretty good. Can't live without my wheat bread!
  • bigbla711
    Options
    I totally feel you. Bread is yummy. Carbs (not the fruits and veggies kind) are yummy, pasta is yummy. I have pretty much cut them from my daily diet and am managing beautifully. I wont say "never again", but I will say not daily, not even regularly. They're reserved for occasions, or situations where it can't be avoided (those are very few and far between). People will always ask you why? why do you NEED to do that? And I usually say why? why do you care so much? It's working for me, I no longer crave them - and if it gets to the point where OMG I NEED A SLICE OF BREAD - then I will eat a slice of bread. There are a hundred thousand meal options that are delicious, that don't include bread or pasta.

I feel the exact same way!
  • bigbla711
    Options
    bigbla711 wrote: »
    My food addiction seems to be plain bread.It's really fattening and provides the organism with zero nutrients. So I've decided to cut it out of my life.Wish me luck!

it is really good to know ur trigger foods. The freezer trick does not slow me down on mine, but works on everything else. I find that unleavened bread and leavened bread have diff affects on triggering eating more and my weight loss, but it is diff from one person to the next.

do what ur body needs n ignore neh sayers, esp during eating out moments.

I need to trust my body and organism ; it's true! :blush:

• bigbla711
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    ml86jfy8zego.jpg

errrr i mean bread!

LOL :lol:
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I gave up rice and bread for a year but it couldn't last for me. Not a sustainable lifestyle choice. But good for you. Bread is not essential in a modern diet. We are so spoiled with choices!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

carbs are an essential marcronutrient, and there is absolutely zero reason to avoid them unless you have a medical condition that makes you sensitive to them.

I am cutting and losing a pound a week and eating about 35% carbs...

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I can't eat (regular) bread with moderation either. I will eat the whole loaf and then it ends up affecting my blood sugar.
    I just introduced sprouted bread this week and I do better with my portions with it. Maybe because it is kind of mulchy...
    Good luck!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I sincerely wish you luck with this. I'm just an average guy on MFP and not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I do read more and more about how flour is being over-processed when it is used to make standard white bread. This over-processing of the flour, adding sugar, etc. robs the bread of nutrients and contributes to or has links to various health issues (e.g. see the book "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis and a host of other books). I think eating bread (carbs ? ) is a controversial topic to many. I also think that the research is building that shows it is better to reduce your bread intake.
  • bigbla711
    Options
    I sincerely wish you luck with this. I'm just an average guy on MFP and not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I do read more and more about how flour is being over-processed when it is used to make standard white bread. This over-processing of the flour, adding sugar, etc. robs the bread of nutrients and contributes to or has links to various health issues (e.g. see the book "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis and a host of other books). I think eating bread (carbs ? ) is a controversial topic to many. I also think that the research is building that shows it is better to reduce your bread intake.

Thank you for all the useful information!
  • bigbla711
    Options
    I can't eat (regular) bread with moderation either. I will eat the whole loaf and then it ends up affecting my blood sugar.
    I just introduced sprouted bread this week and I do better with my portions with it. Maybe because it is kind of mulchy...
    Good luck!
    Thank you!
  • bigbla711
    Options
    cj94404 wrote: »
    I gave up rice and bread for a year but it couldn't last for me. Not a sustainable lifestyle choice. But good for you. Bread is not essential in a modern diet. We are so spoiled with choices!

You might be right.I just want to prove myself that i can do it.It's a matter of gaining trust and believing in me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    What bread are you eating that has no nutrients?

Yeah, this ^^

I don't eat bread as often as I'd like, but then I don't get to eat as much as I'd like in general. But my bread does have nutrients.
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut it out completely, I would just aim to eat healthier and you will naturally start to lean towards to more healthier foods. At least that's what j experienced. I used to eat snadwhiches all the time, I really don't now. My husband and I used to go through crazy amount of bread and now we really don't get through a full load before it goes bad. My husband eats like crazy too, so that's saying something!