What do you do when you crave sugar?

Options
I reallllly want something sweet like maybe some ice cream from Baskin Robins but i'm afraid i'll go overboard :( any suggestions?

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Order a small portion and leave with it. Enjoy it.

If you can't do that, sometimes a small piece of sharp cheese can combat a sweet craving.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I buy epsom salt and soak in the tub to absorb the magnesium. When you crave sweets it means your body needs magnesium.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream and chocolate on a regular basis. I think sweet cravings are easier to fit into my daily goal than my salty/savory cravings. I actually eat more desserts and sweets now that I'm losing weight than I did before.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    lulupizza wrote: »
    I reallllly want something sweet like maybe some ice cream from Baskin Robins but i'm afraid i'll go overboard :( any suggestions?

I'd have the bit of ice cream (smallest amt) and eat slowly. Also look up banana ice cream. Basically smushed bananas. You can add cocoa too. So yummy!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you really don't want to fit any sweets in to your day, you can always do sugar free gum like Extra has really fun yummy flavors. Gives you a sweet taste and keeps your jaw busy :smile:
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yogurtland?
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I get this, especially in the evenings! I combat it with some yummy hot tea, with a splash of flavored coffee creamer or a drizzle of honey (or if I have absolutely no calories left to use, some stevia). It's sweet, and the hot temperature makes for slow sipping. I super duper love Vanilla Caramel flavored tea from Bigelow or any type of chai.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I eat one piece of dark chocolate. It really crushes the craving
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of dark chocolate.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Order a small portion and leave with it. Enjoy it.

If you can't do that, sometimes a small piece of sharp cheese can combat a sweet craving.

Exactly this, including the cheese alternative. Something sour like a pickle also sometimes works for me, but I'd just do a single serving of the thing I was craving, more likely. Often going for really high quality makes a small serving seem worthwhile, too. Dark chocolate often works well for a sweet craving if you like it, since it's less sweet but pretty decadent and intense.

Or try the banana-based desserts if you like banana.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat the ice cream, enjoy it, and log it.

end thread/
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eat the ice cream, enjoy it, and log it.

end thread/

This. I got Peeps and Reese's Eggs in the mail today as an Easter present from my parents. 5 Peeps and one egg a day for the next few days will be my little treat. I'll log it and still be under. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have the sugar. Ice cream, chocolate, pudding, other sweets...they fit into my diet.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I eat it within my calories
    giphy.gif
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    28 M&M's =100 calories well worth it
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like mixing a bit of Greek yogurt with either a little bit of pudding mix or crushed up sweets and freezing it. Although usually by the time I'm done with my add ins I may as well just have eaten a small portion of ice cream lol
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat fruit (esp grapes). I find that if I avoid refined sugar, and substitute just raw fruit, it eventually ends the cravings. Same with salty stuff (I've had some serious cravings for both salt and sugar). Everyone's different, but for me, avoidance is the only alternative to deal with sugar/salt cravings. They go away completely after 3 days abstinence.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Eating a warm s'mores poptart with a scoop of cookie dough gelato as I read this.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Eating a warm s'mores poptart with a scoop of cookie dough gelato as I read this.

What brand is the cookie dough? What we talking here, 440 calories?
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat a 100 calorie brownie in a mug!
    1 tbsp flour
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp cocoa
    Pinch of baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    2 tbsp Apple sauce.
    Mix well and microwave for 1 min 15 seconds. Works very well for me!