Which cereal brands are good for weight loss??

Options

Replies

• jlbainum
    jlbainum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal Squares cereal- seriously delicious, filling, has lots of iron. The one with cinnamon is even tastier. :)
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There are a couple that I keep in constant rotation: Special K (not the plain kind, usually the vanilla almond), Honey Nut Cheerios, and Multi-Grain Cheerios. I'm not eating them because they "seem" healthy, I actually like the taste.

If you are looking to an alternative to oatmeal and eggs, have you tried greek yogurt with granola? I will get a container of Dannon vanilla greek yogurt with a 1/4 cup of granola and I am good to go until lunch!

But like many people have said, eat what cereal you like....but weight it and log it correctly. :smiley:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jlbainum wrote: »
    Oatmeal Squares cereal- seriously delicious, filling, has lots of iron. The one with cinnamon is even tastier. :)

Yup. I love me some sugary cereals, but most of them don't fill me for more than 20 minutes. Quaker Oatmeal Squares are amazing. So much tastiness for such a boring-sounding cereal.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I love Kashi, but not the lean ones- those taste gross to me.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is not boring when you add raisins, walnuts, honey, and cinnamon! I put all ingredients in a mug with water in the fridge then just microwave it the next morning. Perfect pre-race meal.
  • gitarjitsu
    Options
    Power O's by Love Grown Foods are delicious. They come in Honey, Strawberry, or Chocolate, are relatively low in sugar and are gluten-free as well. They are made from beans and have decent fiber and protein.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    none/any
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE cereal and eat it daily (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)! :D Oatmeal is my choice for hot cereal, but for cold cereal, I love Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Cinnamon Crumble. Yum!!! If I feel like some sugary cereal, I grab some Froot Loops.

I seriously love cereal. If I had some more calories, I would probably grab a small bowl now. :p I guess I'll have to wait until morning. :'(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The ones you eat in moderation.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal squares, french toast crunch, multi grain cheerios, and so many more. When I could eat diary I love the overnight oats with greek yogurt or greek yogurt with fruit and cereal. I second getting some plain oats and not flavored ones and adding your own things to it. There is even savory oatmeal recipes if you goggle them. Really you can eat whatever you want for breakfast as log as it fits in your goals.

Also I love your profile picture OP!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    If you stay within your goals, any are fine.
    This.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch ftw!

I loooove me some CTC!!!! I eat that stuff by the box. Yum!
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of smoothies for breakfast? I'll do those sometimes.
    The cereal I keep on hand is Post Good Morning Waffle Crunch. It's not bad considering all it taste like is sugar (but if I remember only 11 g of sugar) and it's got a good range of vitamins and minerals.
    Special K also just came out a bit ago with a protein cereal, and I really like their flavors too
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm about to try Kashi GOLEAN again for its fiber content. I don't normally get enough fiber, so any way I can sneak it in goes a long way.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Any and all cereals as long as you remain in a calorie deficit

*posted while eating Honey Nut Cheerios*
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like raisin brand! It taste great and I'm getting my fiber
  • dalhectar
    dalhectar Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    What is bad about artificial sugar? Or are you just repeating something you heard with no factual basis?

For me, the aftertaste nags me to eat more stuff. While I use some artificial sweeteners I have to drown it afterward with something to actually fill me.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    jlbainum wrote: »
    I second this! I love that it has so much iron in it.

• joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I avoid all cereals apart from plain oatmeal as most of the sweetened ones have 17-25% sugar. I saw a flavoured oatmeal with 33% sugar once :astonished: Also, I don't have a sweet tooth. Prefer savoury.

If I don't have plain oatmeal with stewed fruit, then I have plain greek yoghurt mixed with almond butter or berries, boiled/scrambled eggs, french toast, or english muffins with crunchy peanut butter. Or I just have what's leftover from the night before.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some days if i dont want oatmeal i will have a thin sliced piece of Daves Killer Bread (It has a ton of whole grains, seeds, nuts etc) which is 60 cal. I will spread thin with peanut butter and then put half a cut up banana on top. SOOOO yum. For cereal its probably not the best but I like Special K red berries with Vanilla almond milk (unsweetened) or plain old cheerios with cut up fruit on it.