Replies

• musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The BEST PB out there is White Chocolate Wonderful by Peanut Butter & Company.
    I'm literally addicted to it. A minimum of 2-4tbsp daily! :wink:
  • hmanna
    hmanna Posts: 1
    Options
    PB on Ezekiel toast with sliced bananas...heavenly! It is my "go to" when I have a sweet tooth!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    yes I do almost every single day
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Both peanut butter and PB2 have their place for me. I like eating peanut butter straight. I'm not brave enough to try PB2 straight, but when I just want peanut butter flavor in something like my protein shake or yogurt? PB2 does just fine.

As other have said in regard to peanut butter, just weigh your portion since the calories add up.

I'm also a big fan of almond butter.

Same for me... if I'm eating peanut butter, I want the real thing, but if I'm adding to oatmeal or a smoothie or something, PB2 is great!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just bought some fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter from Whole Foods. It requires a lot of willpower to not eat the whole thing with a spoon.

Peanut butter on a piece of wheat bread is my favorite post-workout snacks. I use half a serving and fold the bread in half.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I'm literally sat at home waiting for a delivery of peanut butter.

It's going to be glorious.

1/4/2015 8:56 - Cornwall Depot - Loaded to vehicle for delivery
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i think i would die if i wasn't able to eat pb

pb2 is alright. ive been using it recently just for a change up, but it's definitely never ever gonna take the place of my precious peanut butter. *kneels cradling jar of peanut butter* my precious..
  • laitdecoco
    laitdecoco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you can control your portions, yeah of course.

Unfortunately for me, I fall into that percentage of the population that can't (emotional binge-eater right here) so I now don't even keep nut butters at home.

But from a nutritional perspective it's not bad... just keep your portions in check!
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is awesome! Try to stick with the natural stuff. And just make sure it fits in to your day--it's great for you but definitely packs the calories so MODERATION is key =)
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I add PB2 in my oatmeal. My husband loves PB so I mixed some up and put it in his lunch one day. He didn't even notice :) I eat both and as someone said, everything is ok in moderation.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My moderation challenge for today...

wkmuiiigrii6.jpg

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Pb2. Just discovered it.

Only time PB2 is good is when it is in Triton's Peanut Butter Stout. Delicious!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    is peanut butter ok to eat?

A better question would be, is it okay to not eat peanut butter. The answer to that being no, are you crazy?! It's the best thing in the world and I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't eat it. Those with peanut allergies are clearly alien reptilians disguised as humans and peanuts are their natural enemy. Only with peanut butter can we root them out and save the human race from being overrun by alien reptilians who have peanut allergies. So in answer to your question, yeah, it's fine.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Also, a word of advice, weigh out your PB. Most jars will label the serving size as 170cal (32g) or something along those lines. Eyeballing or using a spoon is damned near impossible and likely to cause one to overeat their PB calories.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    Also, a word of advice, weigh out your PB. Most jars will label the serving size as 170cal (32g) or something along those lines. Eyeballing or using a spoon is damned near impossible and likely to cause one to overeat their PB calories.

This +1

A tablespoon can hold any amount of peanut butter depending on how heaped the scoop is.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »

This +1

A tablespoon can hold any amount of peanut butter depending on how heaped the scoop is.

I'm guessing you don't cook much. A tablespoon = a level tablespoon.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love PB. I like PB2 but often don't have time to make it in the morning. After making it they recommend keeping it in the fridge. Sometimes I make it ahead of time. I've also discovered "Better'n Peanut Butter" Low Sodium at Trader Joe's. About $5 for a little jar and it does taste OK...a lot less calories and less fat....and less sodium which with my history of kidney stones is important to me. I don't think I could live without PB in my life. Thanks for sharing all these kinds of PB I have never heard of...Moderation is the key for me, a thin layer on a toasted english muffin no matter what kind of PB I use seems to work for me. Of course I USED to pile it on THICK...but no more.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    juliah1234 wrote: »
    peanut butter is awesome! Try to stick with the natural stuff. And just make sure it fits in to your day--it's great for you but definitely packs the calories so MODERATION is key =)

Define natural. There is no legal definition of natural, it is only a marketing tool that means nothing. The only legally defined labeling is "organic".
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    juliah1234 wrote: »

Define natural. There is no legal definition of natural, it is only a marketing tool that means nothing. The only legally defined labeling is "organic".

There is no legal labelling definition of 'natural'. But there are dictionaries.