MFP Dating Thread

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
Ok, I don't know what everybody else is doing but I am looking at a mound of paperwork on my desk and I am trying to avoid it. So because of that I am going to start another MFP dating thread. Lol which is in of itself funny cause my life is so busy (work fulltime, have full custody of 2 small kids, coach, etc) that I do not have time to date. But this is mainly to distract me from work :-) So what are the qualities you look for in someone when you decide to date? For me (in no particular order)...

1. Must share the same faith as me
2. Must love kids
3. Must have kids and/or want more kids
4. Must be honest & faithful
5. Has to be a country girl at heart
6. Has to have a silly side
7. Must be compassionate, passionate and kind
8. Must respect that the kids always come first.

What does everybody else's list look like?

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Caring
    Must like kids and accept my daughter
    tall
    can make me laugh/funny
    likes to cuddle
    romantic
    sweet
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Be employed
    Not live with mama (after 35)
    No smoking, drugs, heavy drinkers
    Romantic and loves to cuddle
    Likes Horror, Sci-Fi and Heavy Metal
    Must get along with my kids
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on just about everything you've listed..expect I'm into men. Ha.

1.) My faith is very pertinent. I am very involved in my church, so it would be nice to have someone who enjoys it as well.
    2.) I was a preschool teacher six years and I am a substitute teacher now, majoring in elementary education. He better like kids. Haha. I do want twins if that is at all possible.
    3.) He cannot smoke/drink/ or partake in drugs.
    4.) I'm a seafood fanatic, especially oysters. It's no fun eating them alone.
    5.) He has to have a serious side AND a silly side. It's okay to let loose sometimes.
    6.) I like to be spontaneous. There are times where I want to just take off and go to a different town if money and time allow for it.
    7.) I'm not a money blower..all the time. I like to spend money, but I know how important it is to live, so I don't think having to do something that costs money is important.
    8.) Both sides of the family are important..mine and his. My brother never does anything with my side of the family and it kills my parents.
    9.) Being romantic is a great too.

I could add more, but I'll stop here. lol
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Be employed

Haha love the Mama part!
  • SoldierDad
    Options

1.) My faith is very pertinent. I am very involved in my church, so it would be nice to have someone who enjoys it as well.
    2.) I was a preschool teacher six years and I am a substitute teacher now, majoring in elementary education. He better like kids. Haha. I do want twins if that is at all possible.
    5.) He has to have a serious side AND a silly side. It's okay to let loose sometimes.
    6.) I like to be spontaneous. There are times where I want to just take off and go to a different town if money and time allow for it.
    7.) I'm not a money blower..all the time. I liek to spend money, but I know how important it is to live, so I don't think having to do something that costs money is important.
    8.) Both sides of the family are important..mine and his. My brother never does anything with my side of the family and it kills my parents.

I have never been able to date a woman who loves seafood. Every woman I ever dated hated it. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEe seafood. I sometimes even have fish for breakfast.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If things in this world would work out perfectly, I would look for these:

Goes to church with me
    Loves my son
    Would want more children
    Communicate well (key to a successful relationship, I think)
    Have a sense of humor
    Likes to exercise with me
    Enjoys doing "fun' things
    Has a good/steady job

Wow......maybe my man is right.....I will never be happy :wink:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

7.) I'm not a money blower..all the time. I liek to spend money, but I know how important it is to live, so I don't think having to do something that costs money is important.

I have never been able to date a woman who loves seafood. Every woman I ever dated hated it. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEe seafood. I sometimes even have fish for breakfast.

And I thought I was the only odd one! lol I eat fish for breakfast too.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Must be a woman. Other than that, I'm flexible.
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Must love my kids, and be willing to have more
    Non-aggressive in nature
    Enjoys cuddling and being close
    Appreciates the value of family
    Prefer Non smoking/not a heavy drinker
    No drugs, a must!
    Faithful and Trustworthy
    I am CRAZY silly and goof around and tease A LOT, he must appreciate that and accept it =)
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Must be a woman. Other than that, I'm flexible.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aren't most men?!?!
  • elleninez
    elleninez Posts: 44
    Options
    1. Must not be/have ever been a drug addict.
    2. Must not be an ex-con.
    3. Must not be/have ever been a prostitute (yes, I'm talking about men.)
    4. Must have a job.
    5. Must have some sort of transportation.
    6. Must respect me & my children.

Is it sad that I have personal stories behind EVERY ONE of these???
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Let's see
    Goes to church with me.
    Sense of humor bordering on hysterical
    Romantic
    willing to ride bikes walk etc. with me
    can read.
    preferably Brown eyes
    Willing to wait. For intimacy.
    Even at my age that is important.
    Not a smoker
    that's about it. Unless they also want to eat a pizza occasionally Love seafood as well and like to wrestle :love:
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Must want/want more kids

Must be employed

Must not smoke- and that means anything

Must love the beach!

Must not have any, let alone 3 counts of active sexual harassment cases going on

Must want to have my back at any give time 'cause I will have his

Must already be, or is willing to be on a living healthy frame of mind

Must like to cuddle and doesn't mind a tinge of PDA

Must hate chick flicks but love suspense/horror movies

Must love dogs-especially those that believe there isn't a problem weighing 75 pounds and thinking they are lap dogs
  • SoldierDad
    Options

And I thought I was the only odd one! lol I eat fish for breakfast too.

Lol just must be me and you! You know we match eachothers list perfect. :-) Except that every once in a whiel I will have a glass of wine and go on an MFP mooning spreee!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Let's see
    Goes to church with me.
    Sense of humor bordering on hysterical
    Romantic
    willing to ride bikes walk etc. with me
    can read.
    preferably Brown eyes
    Willing to wait. For intimacy.
    Even at my age that is important.
    Not a smoker
    that's about it. Unless they also want to eat a pizza occasionally Love seafood as well and like to wrestle :love:

<
    Loves to wrestle. :-) lol You know I am with you on the intimacy thign to. After my last girlfriend I decided not to be intimate outside of at elast being engaged.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Perfect combination of beauty, intelligence, and charisma.
    -wtk
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Be employed

that list has to be why I did so wrong in my last relationship my guy didnt have a single thing on that list infact was a red flag warning in neon to run run run lol.

1. he was laid off (for 3 yrs)
    2. he did infact live with his momma and was 36 (had never moved out and still was in his childhood twin -furniture and all omg)
    3. he smoked pot , did coke, and drank like a fish (didnt know this till after we dated )
    4. wasnt remotely romantic, thought giving me a grocery store plant over flowers were more logical since they lasted longer than flowers (omg dont ever buy me a plant )
    5. he thought heavy metal was posioning and that was why he had ringing in his ears (duh couldnt be the years of slacking off doing drugs at his momma house lol)
    6. he never wanted to meet my daughter and when he had to he was completely freaked out and awkward around her asking if she couldnt go to her dads or something. ''sighs "

ok now for my list

1. must know how to frikkin chill out about life, it ends, how can you take something that ends too seriously?
    2. must be open minded and want to try new things in life
    3. isnt looking for a mommy even if he loves his own dearly
    4. has to like being goofy, silly , romantic, holding hands and public displays of affection on a regular basis.
    5. money can not be his motivating factor for living even if he is successful at his career
    6. must be an avid music lover, and preferrably have read a book within the last 6 months lol.
    7. to know that he is willing to do the things I like even if he isnt crazy about them, would in turn make it high on my list of to do things to do the things he likes even if I am not crazy about it either but just enjoying eachothers company would be enough to make near anything enjoyable.
    8. has friends and a life outside of the relationship , I like my alone time with a guy but not into our relationship being a private island for two for all eternity lol.
    9. looks are not so important, I do not have a preferrence, tall, short, fit, stout, long hair, bald, brown eyes, blue , non of that would matter in the long run, we all get wrinkles and go grey so ... honor, integrity, character, respect for yourself and others, that has to be a part of my man, its all about what he has going on inside is what I need to see shine ...
    10. always hold me close and kiss me any chance he gets.
  • HannahPastoor
    HannahPastoor Posts: 303
    Options
    Ok, I don't know what everybody else is doing but I am looking at a mound of paperwork on my desk and I am trying to avoid it. So because of that I am going to start another MFP dating thread. Lol which is in of itself funny cause my life is so busy (work fulltime, have full custody of 2 small kids, coach, etc) that I do not have time to date. But this is mainly to distract me from work :-) So what are the qualities you look for in someone when you decide to date? For me (in no particular order)...

1. Must share the same faith as me
    2. Must love kids
    3. Must have kids and/or want more kids
    4. Must be honest & faithful
    5. Has to be a country girl at heart
    6. Has to have a silly side
    7. Must be compassionate, passionate and kind
    8. Must respect that the kids always come first.

What does everybody else's list look like?

1. Check!
    2. Check!
    3. I want about 15 kids...No joke. - Adoption : )
    4. Check!
    5. Check!
    6. Check check! Can a person be TO silly?
    7. Check!
    8. Check!

To bad I am kinda young : )
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Someone who won't pepper spray me and run.

On the other hand, my girlfriend had to lower her standards substantially.
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Someone who won't pepper spray me and run.

On the other hand, my girlfriend had to lower her standards substantially.

Anytime a woman dates any man she has lowered her standards. :-)