30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    I've heard so many great things about this workout and I own it, but I just HATE Jillian! LOL She says things like "Girlfriend" and stuff and I probably burn more calories rolling my eyes at her than I do from the workout! BAHAHA

LOL! I don't hate her because all the talking she does actually kind of motivates me. I get what you mean though. For whatever reason I always cracked up on level one when she said "I could always use a good chest fly in my life." I really don't know why it tickles me so much but I laughed every time. Started level 2 yesterday so I'm listening for some more silliness to crack at.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    I've heard so many great things about this workout and I own it, but I just HATE Jillian! LOL She says things like "Girlfriend" and stuff and I probably burn more calories rolling my eyes at her than I do from the workout! BAHAHA
    She's not my fav either. I do have a ton of the my trainer Bob workouts and I prefer Bob's workouts and attitude. His are an hour though, so hers fit in my schedule easier

• lilackisses
    lilackisses Posts: 41 Member
    Options

PaddyWhite wrote: »
    I was going to start today and then I took a nap instead. You know what? After this reply I am going to make myself do it.

Come on! Let's do it together :)

Sounds good. I could do with someone helping me get out of my laziness funk lately.
  • cnbell2
    cnbell2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was going to start today and then I took a nap instead. You know what? After this reply I am going to make myself do it.

Come on! Let's do it together :)

Day 1 here! I'm joining you.
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 1 here! I'm joining you.
    [/quote]

Woohoo!
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 ... Done!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Just got my copy of it. I would have just YouTube'd it but don't have a big screen to show it. Time to get started.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I alternate 30DS with my treadmill interval workout so it takes me 2 months to complete all 30 days. I'm currently on Level 2, day 3 (tomorrow). I hate Level 2. But today when I went to use the restroom I could totally pull down my jeans without unbuttoning/unzipping them. So it seems to be working! Now I need to go buy a belt! B)
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    I alternate 30DS with my treadmill interval workout so it takes me 2 months to complete all 30 days. I'm currently on Level 2, day 3 (tomorrow). I hate Level 2. But today when I went to use the restroom I could totally pull down my jeans without unbuttoning/unzipping them. So it seems to be working! Now I need to go buy a belt! B)

Fantastic job! I may try that too. I've got a stationary bike! Good luck with level 2, heard it's hard, so I'm not looking until I get there!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My Aunt is going to give me her weights on Friday so I am going to wait till I have those but then it is on! In the meantime I started a 30 day thigh challenge
  • mskinner1091
    Options

Fantastic job! I may try that too. I've got a stationary bike! Good luck with level 2, heard it's hard, so I'm not looking until I get there!

Tonight will be my 3rd day on level 2. It is so hard :neutral: I sweat even more on level 2 than I did on level 1 & I didn't know that was possible. Can't even imagine what level 3 is like.

• DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tonight will be my 3rd day on level 2. It is so hard :neutral: I sweat even more on level 2 than I did on level 1 & I didn't know that was possible. Can't even imagine what level 3 is like.

I actually like Level 3 more than Level 2. I wouldn't say it is easy or even easier, but less planks which is better for me. One thing I do because my wrists cannot handle all the abuse is that I swap the final ab move from Level 1 with the final ab move of Level 2. One of the benefits of having gone through this before....

• PaddyWhite
    Options
    Had a Shred break today, gave the old knees a break from squats! But I did go on stationary bike and long walk with kids :) Day 4 tomorrow
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 - Done!
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 done! Defo getting easier! I can go much lower on my push-ups
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 - Done
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 - Done
  • yvonnekrause54
    yvonnekrause54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting Level 1 Day 1 tonight after work. :) Bring it on Jillian!
  • mskinner1091
    Options

I actually like Level 3 more than Level 2. I wouldn't say it is easy or even easier, but less planks which is better for me. One thing I do because my wrists cannot handle all the abuse is that I swap the final ab move from Level 1 with the final ab move of Level 2. One of the benefits of having gone through this before....

I have seen others say they like level 3 better than level 2. Yes, the planks are hard to do. I always attempt as many as possible but can't ever finish it. I make sure I do another exercise though while waiting for the dream team to finish.
  • PaddyWhite
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Had a break today, away with work