Those last 15 pounds

Options

Replies

• tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm at a good winter weight but need to get rid of 10 for summer clothes. Can I get in?
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    Hey Becs3578,
    You are sooo close to the 120 mark.... an .8 lose is really good for a week!!
    Hang in there..keep doing what you are doing...it works for ya....
    who knows---- tomorrow you may be in the 120 :D
    colleen

Thanks. I want to just be ok with slow and steady. I know that I can get there. I am just not always patient. ;) But 4.4 lbs since the start of he challenge so I am right on schedule with a lbs a week!

Tinallen - welcome!!!!!

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,292 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    cpanus wrote: »
    I was happy with today's weigh in. I'm down from last week which is terrific. I just have to keep it up. This week will be a bit stressful as it is my last week at work. Friday will be my last day then I will be retired!!!

Walked with DH and our grandpuppy yesterday and today then went out both days on my own for more miles. Made soup for the week and cut up veggies to munch later. It's been a pretty great weekend.

I hope everyone is having success.

Chris

Congratulations on your pending retirement. That is so exciting. Also congrats on the weight loss ;)

Thank you, becs3578!

Walked 5 miles and got an arm challenge done after work today. I can't wait to get back into the 130s.

Chris
  • jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all my MFP friends who have helped me along the way. Sharing your success and failure has helped me know I'm not the only one who struggles. I'm so excited knowing my goal is attainable. Being in the 120s hasnt even crossed my mind. Maybe that will be my new goal! Have you looked at your progress chart? Notice it is up and down, up and down. The key is to stay at it taking one day at a time. I haven't lost my sweet tooth. I still think I could eat a whole bag of peanut M and M' s :)
  • becs3578
    Options
    Chris - any time. 5 miles and arms. That is awesome!

Jenr- I never thought my 120's was something I could attain when I was 180 but it is. Just keep going. One day, one week, one month at a time! You have the power!

I officiall now have less than 10 lbs to goal. Finally hit 129.6 today. Goal 120. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WooHoo Becs !!!!
    you did it...the 120's.
    Good work, keep it up.
    colleen
  • madina030877
    madina030877 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have those last 15 pound left after my baby I can't loose them for 2 years now. Feel free to add me :)
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    They are devil.. I hate them... Feel free to add me
  • eba2003
    eba2003 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Story of my life
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Someone I love very much just jumped my case for something I didn't do. My first reaction was "that is so unfair.... Where's the chocolate?" I decided NOT to hurt myself just because of others. I did pop a bag of popcorn to chomp on. I'm not perfect!
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have 10 - 15 pounds left to go. 15 if I am being honest with myself, but I would be happy at ten. I haven't lost any weight in two weeks. UGH!
  • becs3578
    Options
    jenr6482 wrote: »
    Someone I love very much just jumped my case for something I didn't do. My first reaction was "that is so unfair.... Where's the chocolate?" I decided NOT to hurt myself just because of others. I did pop a bag of popcorn to chomp on. I'm not perfect!

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. I know that feeling. That is so me too! I'm proud of you!!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Well, lost about a half a pound this week....
    I will take it... but like many of us this slow going can get tedious. just want it over and done.. :*
    Jen, sorry about getting "jumped on", great work on choosing popcorn !!!! you can do it.
    Welcome to all the new posters !!!
    yes it does get frustrating when there is no movement on the scale for daysss. Keep remembering you need a calorie deficit.
    Have a good week all, colleen
  • jenr6482
    Options
    I just read an article from our govt. "since people can't lose weight just by diet and exercise, we need to do something to control the obesity problem. So we are changing the value of a pound. Now a pound will be 1.1. Someone weighing 167 will now weigh 152." WHAT? We know losing can be done with diet and exercise! How does a country just change weight? I say BOGUS! They should have MFP members testify. Lol
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ^^ this has to be an April's Fool joke!
    If not, then the government is a joke!
    That's like vanity sizing. Yeah, Land's End thinks that my 37" hips/*kitten* is a size 0. HA!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In

Today I am 128.4lbs

(1.6lbs lost during the last week)
    (6lbs lost since the beginning of challenge)

8.4lbs to go!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Update for the beginning of April:
    I lost 4 pounds this month, which was my goal (139--->135). I traveled a lot, had spring break, and ended up getting sick for a few days so I am really proud of myself. I haven't been exercising as much, although I've been walking like crazy due to the beautiful weather! Now I am more 'officially' at the last 15 pounds because I want to go from 135--->120, although I may stop earlier if I am happy. My UGW range was always from 120-130, but I'm learning I have a much smaller frame than I ever thought so 120 will probably be closer to goal. I am hoping to lose 4-5 pounds this month to get closer to 130, but I am also prepared for things to start slowing down.

Another fun update is that I finally went shopping for new clothes! I was a size 14 at my highest (and some of those were getting a little tight) and now I am a size 6 in jeans and 4 in dresses! I couldn't believe it! I remembered looking at the size 6's in the dressing room and thinking "nooooo way, these are too small" and then they fit perfectly! Needless to say, clothes shopping is getting to be a bit more fun :) I also finally bought a bikini and I actually feel good in it! That's a first.
  • 0khawkins
    0khawkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time I only had a total weight loss goal of 15 lbs I've lost 5 it took 1 month. Is that normal when you don't have much to lose. Someone tell me so I don't freak out and eat a huge chocolate bar and say f*** it. Friend me.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have 13 left to go! I set a goal to reach it by May 15th. I should be able to hit that by then! I am supper excited to start toning up and looking good in my summer clothes. I fit them, just need to tighten some areas up now! LOL