April 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    3.5 early morning miles to start off April. I tried to run by heart rate but it really just made my run suck and was so slow that my knees are feeling achy when they hardly ever do.
    You might find that by going a little faster (more comfortable) your HR actually comes down a little once you are getting in your stride. I would always prefer comfort zone over HR

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    April Goal - 110 Miles.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    4/1--4.51 miles(treadmill)

I forgot to get on the foam roller and I'm paying for it now :'( Praying for a short day today so I can get home and take care of this.

exercise.png
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    In for this month - Goal 50 miles

exercise.png

• Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Minimum goal of 30, ultimate goal of 50. First month back to running since 2013!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

4/1 = 3.5 miles

Rough start to my month. Couldn't get my breathing right and it was struggle the whole way. Felt downright sick by the end of it. Thank goodness it wasn't my long run today. I did end up recording my fastest mile so I can't help but wonder what it would have looked like if I hadn't been struggling.

Side note, I hadn't realized that I was running along the northern route of the Trail of Tears. 11 out of the 17 Cherokee tribes camped right in the area I run. I knew it was a park and they have these displays up but my attention never went further than the visual bounty that nature provided with the blue green river and natural spring. One day I will have pics to show.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am doing so many different workouts this month, videos, spin class, yoga, AND running so my goal is 26.2 miles this month. May not seem like a lot, but I already got in 3 this morning. Will check out and update the tracker later. Thanks for having me!
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Tentatively in for 40 miles - I did roughly that in March, but am going to be crazy busy for the next couple of weeks and aren't sure how many runs I can fit in! :O
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Going for 62 miles.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 3.44 miles

Total: 3.44/60 miles
    (need to do my ticker later)
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Only 5 miles short of my goal last month, so I'll reset to 50 miles for April. 2.5 done this morning! Onward!!
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    I'm in again this month for another hundred. Next HM is the first weekend in May.

Grumble grumble grr, I'm injured already. Had a toe issue during last week's half marathon, thought it was fine, now I've got a bum foot and can't really wear real shoes. I blame the conversation we had about losing toenails...

Sooo, I'll be working on my cycling mileage and dropping this month's goal to 75ish, assuming I can start running again this weekend.
  • teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home, right?

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    I'm in for 75 miles for April. Pretty sure I'm not gonna get another 105-mile month this go-round, since I'm actually back at work now.... :wink:
    I'm in again this month for another hundred. Next HM is the first weekend in May.

Grumble grumble grr, I'm injured already. Had a toe issue during last week's half marathon, thought it was fine, now I've got a bum foot and can't really wear real shoes. I blame the conversation we had about losing toenails...

Sooo, I'll be working on my cycling mileage and dropping this month's goal to 75ish, assuming I can start running again this weekend.

Aw-no! My toenail issue is with my steel toe boots and weekends of in and out of a ravine clearing brush. Thankfully, not running related.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1 - 12mi, intervals

3mi warmup, 3x 2mi @7:45, 7:40, 7:35 (MP window), 1min rests/3.2mi cooldown

Total: 12.2mi

April goal: ~180mi
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in. For 50. Going to start right now.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, but this time I'm only counting the miles I run. Walking miles are just a bonus.

exercise.png
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    -3 +47 to go.
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    01/04- 5.4kms stinking treadmill

@skippygirlsmom I AM done with that treadmill. LOL. Unfortunately, today is ridiculously windy. So 5.4 veeeeeerrrrrrryyyy llloooooooooooooong kms on that wretched machine today. But I wasn't missing day 1. Its done and over with now. PHEW!

exercise.png
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 84 miles this month. I'm super excited to have my Garmin Forerunner 110 back!
    exercise.png