Water Intake

Options
If I mix my protein powders with 2 cups of water, do those 2 cups of protein powdered water count towards my daily water intake? Or should I drink water additionally?

Replies

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It counts.
  • alabella
    alabella Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you drank it, it counts.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    So drinking 2 cups of Diet Soda counts as water intake too?
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Loaded question...does my coffee count as water?
    Personally, I don't count my coffee, tea, protein shakes, milk, G2's or diet sodas as "water".
    I count plain water and water I added flavor powder or flavor drops to - as water. I strive for at least 8 cups of said water a day; but usually end up with 10-12 in addition to my other drinks.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Don't think I don't see what you're doing. B)

ETA: Emoji
  • xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Obviously you aren't going to count a drink that has sugars, syrups, and additives as a water beverage. I think the protein powdered water is a personal choice, however.
  • nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If my body has to digest it, I don't count it as water.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    If I mix my protein powders with 2 cups of water, do those 2 cups of protein powdered water count towards my daily water intake? Or should I drink water additionally?

No. No, definitely not. The protein powder turns the water into... Well.. Something that ISN'T water, and therefore can't POSSIBLY be water and... Just... No. That's all.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    xxConnie16 wrote: »
    Obviously you aren't going to count a drink that has sugars, syrups, and additives as a water beverage. I think the protein powdered water is a personal choice, however.

Protein powder isn't an additive?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Loaded question...does my coffee count as water?
    Personally, I don't count my coffee, tea, protein shakes, milk, G2's or diet sodas as "water".
    I count plain water and water I added flavor powder or flavor drops to - as water. I strive for at least 8 cups of said water a day; but usually end up with 10-12 in addition to my other drinks.

It sure does!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

You're evil, and I am highly entertained! >:)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Is the water filtered?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Only reverse-osmosis, bottled spring water from your local underground well should count towards your intake.

Anything else and you're just lying to yourself.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks count, coffee counts, however I personally only count water. Water is something you don't want to come up short on.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Obviously you aren't going to count a drink that has sugars, syrups, and additives as a water beverage.

Ah. So water with additives like Mio, Crystal Light and those other flavourings added to it doesn't count.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Why is this obvious? Maybe it's not 16oz of water because of the soda syrup, but part of that is still water right?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Obviously you aren't going to count a drink that has sugars, syrups, and additives as a water beverage.

Ah. So water with additives like Mio, Crystal Light and those other flavourings added to it doesn't count.

I believe those modify the molecular structure so that it is no longer H2O, because you know, additives...
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    One time I looked up to see if I could count my tea as water, and the answer was yes because even with caffeine it has a different effect on your body than coffee. So I count it. Good question about adding powder to water, though, because water in, water out? But then I think what would be the point of counting bad stuff or food stuff as water, if the goal of drinking water is to stay healthy and hydrated?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I believe those modify the molecular structure so that it is no longer H2O, because you know, additives...

Exactly. They're just not WATER anymore! They can't possibly count. How silly to assume that they would.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    F*cking hilarious Orange! Happy April Fools day to you too! :p