What's your commitment level to weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I would say a 6. nutrition and general health are much higher probably about an 8 or 9. I have too many other things going on in my life to make weight loss a 10.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    8 or 9. logging everything + working out = pretty successful so far :) 18 pounds down since ive started, and only ONE binge night.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    10. I hit my original goal ahead of schedule and decided to lose more.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about a 6. General health is a 9-10. In general, I gain weight because something has gone wrong with my health. When I correct the problem, the weight seems to come back off naturally, due to my relatively healthy lifestyle.
  • Sbivens2383
    Sbivens2383 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    8. I work out 5 days a week, log all my food, and have lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks :smile:
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd say a good 9. I log everything, workout 6 days a week, and for the most part watch what I eat. I don't deny myself anything, I just fit it into my daily calorie intake so I think that's where the -1 would come in.
  • jonyb1919
    jonyb1919 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5 at the moment, I've been an 11 for a few months last year and it's not good , for me anyhow ..... I'll go to say 8 in a few weeks and enjoy an odd splurge ....
    Consistency is everything even at a lower level
  • paulbearss
    paulbearss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maybe a 5 for me. I am staying within my calorie goals or at least im fairly sure I am but I have to get a scale and start weighing to make sure I am and to eat healthier. Just money is tight right now so feel at least I am trying for right now and I am not giving up so for that I will give self an 8..
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
  • LilSunflowerIsis
    LilSunflowerIsis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honestly probably a 3. I continue to self sabotage.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Considering I've logged 662 days as of today, I'd say 100%. I even had a baby in that time. Ain't no thang. 10 for me.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Started out a ten. Hit the slowdown in weight loss and now it's more like a 6. I'm still logging everything, adding extra activity wherever I can. Standing instead of taking the desk at work, making extra trips for things at home. Anywhere I can add steps, I add steps. My thyroid swelled a couple days ago again for no particular reason. So, now I know my weight loss is going to be tanked until it starts to cooperate again.

The hard part is, my blood pressure and heart rate all started to improve right away from the added activity. I already ate healthy, I just didn't eat at a deficit. I'm active and mobile, not uncomfortable at all. So, it's really hard to tell myself that I'm losing weight for my health. I know it will matter more as I get older, but for right now I feel great. Well, other than that darn thyroid. I despise vanity and despise myself for losing what is essentially vanity weight for now. I have other things I would rather focus on than weighing my food and logging.

I keep reminding myself that it will have a positive impact on how my relatives and coworkers perceive me which will in turn make my life easier. BUT, the 90's grunge chick on the inside says "who cares about those people."

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would say an 8 leaning towards 7. I've been doing very well....I exercise 5-6 times a week, log all my food, and really have been eating healthier than before, but I have not lost any weight. With all the changes, I thought I would see some decrease. :( I am hoping the zero loss is due to the working out and my body is adjusting. Hopefully, in the next week or so my 8 will climb to a 9. ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    But, for what it's worth… Just because you don't have perfect days every day doesn't mean you aren't committed. Commitment is about never giving up and getting up each time you fall. It's not about never having a bad food day or never missing a workout. We're human. Commitment doesn't make us super-human.

exactly. And for every person, what commitment means is highly personal.

I say I'm 100% committed. I log all my food (and weigh it on a scale). I log in here every day. I exercise 5-7 days a week, generally for an hour each time. I generally think about what I'm ordering when we eat out before just getting the first thing that sounds good. I may still make a high calorie CHOICE, but thats just it- it's my CHOICE and I am willing with work with that choice the rest of the day.

But I don't feel guilt or punish myself when I do go over my calories. It doesn't happen a LOT, but it happens. And it's okay, because even when I AM over, I'm still at or UNDER maintenance. I am eating, and training myself to eat, in a way that is compatible with my lifestyle. For me to succeed LONG TERM - that is what is required. I could no more eat chicken and broccoli for every meal than scuba dive without an air tank LOL.
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a solid 8. I've been logging calories, and exercises daily for 3 weeks straight and even lost several pounds. It would be a 10 if I had a 'get-up-and-go' lifestyle, but you know... work and other responsibilities... :smile:
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    10. I love working out and eating healthy. It's seriously all I think about. Once you get to a certain point it becomes a habit.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Over all: 9. I've been doing well and making adjustments as needed to cut out the bad and add in the good and get in good exercise.

This week: 7 had some "days off" but still logged and still did a lot of movement

Today: 5 I have a headache and am not feeling motivated to keep to my calorie goal.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    10+

I've never been more committed to anything in my life! I love it.