Peanut butter!!

Options

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    juliah1234 wrote: »
    peanut butter is awesome! Try to stick with the natural stuff. And just make sure it fits in to your day--it's great for you but definitely packs the calories so MODERATION is key =)

Define natural. There is no legal definition of natural, it is only a marketing tool that means nothing. The only legally defined labeling is "organic".

There is no legal labelling definition of 'natural'. But there are dictionaries.

Point is that people buy and/or recommend a "natural" product with the misguided notion that "natural" is a good thing but in reality it is a meaningless label. It only means it is not artificial, it does not necessarily mean it is good for you.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day.

Same here. I make my own, with cinnamon or maybe dark chocolate. On a spelt or whole wheat square, sometimes with recently rediscovered fluff.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Anything peanut butter and bananas is the best for me!
    PB banana smoothie, pb banana sandwich, frozen bananas with melted pb, pb oatmeal cookies (oop no banana) haha I consider it as my addiction.
    Sometimes I eat it straight out of the jar. Love how smooth it looks in my spoon!
    Basically my answer is YES! So long as it fits into your calorie goal and all, why nut?
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    Also, a word of advice, weigh out your PB. Most jars will label the serving size as 170cal (32g) or something along those lines. Eyeballing or using a spoon is damned near impossible and likely to cause one to overeat their PB calories.

This +1

A tablespoon can hold any amount of peanut butter depending on how heaped the scoop is.

I'm guessing you don't cook much. A tablespoon = a level tablespoon.

Gotta admit, I laughed at this one.
    Unless something CALLS for a heaping tablespoon, then a tablespoon is supposed to be leveled off to be a true tablespoon.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The BEST PB out there is White Chocolate Wonderful by Peanut Butter & Company.
    I'm literally addicted to it. A minimum of 2-4tbsp daily! :wink:

All of their flavors are AWESOME. I eat a tablespoon of the Cinnamon Raisin right off the spoon for breakfast if I'm in a hurry. The hot one is fab for Satay or pasta.

PB2 tastes ok, but the texture won't satisfy your need for real peanut butter. I use it in smoothies, etc.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It's a food item for people, so yah.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    My moderation challenge for today...

wkmuiiigrii6.jpg

I'll be right over.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine life without peanut butter. But I am very strict with how much I use. I always measure out how much I'm using.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great to include in your day! It's high in protein and healthy fats! Just keep an eye on your portions, as it is pretty calorie dense and can add up quickly. Also, go for natural peanut butter, since it doesn't have as much sugar!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    My moderation challenge for today...

wkmuiiigrii6.jpg

Ooh Gingerbread Spread. Where'd you buy that one at?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Pb2. Just discovered it.

:'(

I rather have the real stuff!! ;)
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is delicious, I love it. I love all nut butters, especially almond butter, holy crap is it delicious. Barney butter crunchy is where it's at!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I recently discovered PB2 chocolaty powder. I add 3 TBS into my smoothie everyday, and it gives me the yummy peanut flavour. Haven't had the guts to try it on bread yet....
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 instead. Regular PB is prohibitively high in calories. The defatted powdered version that you mix with water is a godsend. comparison: 190 cal for 2 tbsp. for regular, or 45 cal for 2 tbsp for PB2.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered PB2 chocolaty powder. I add 3 TBS into my smoothie everyday, and it gives me the yummy peanut flavour. Haven't had the guts to try it on bread yet....

it's okay on toast paired with banana or jam/jelly. but i wouldnt put it on bread i don't think, untoasted. the texture & taste would uh.. not be something i'd want. i'll take a small portion of real pb when it comes to a sandwich..
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I've just added these two to my pantry this week, and have had both today. The chocolate one straight off a spoon (dutifully weighed) and the smoke and fire in a marinade for my tempeh. So. Good. I'm thinking the chocolate one will go exceedingly well in a banana smoothie.

183537-5a9faaa6d7274451aa5c15c40cd17816.jpeg?size=500

183537-82d82e08a6514261b051df2f4abe767a.png?size=500
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    jonjaxmom wrote: »
    I love love love pb2. Best invention.

Yes I just got my first jar of it last week. I'm obsessed! Otherwise I usually eat All Natural Peanut Butter.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A little bit of peanut butter is great when you are peckish but not really hungry. It kills the desire to eat quick and tastes great.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My favorite peanut butter at the moment is Maranatha's No Stir Raw Maple Almond Butter & just bought their Caramel Almond spread last night to try.

http://www.maranathafoods.com/