binge free april group

Options
1235»

Replies

• GoNicoleee
    Options
    Here to join, I need to be binge-free!!!
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I need to do. I have had quite good control right now, but the binge-devil is ever lurking! :) I would love to hear what you (anyone) considers a binge.

I cannot eat unconsciously. Pre-planning has proven the KEY!! My worst time is after dinner, watching the tube. I can OCCASIONALLY have one bite of a thing, but it is a dangerous thing to do. Water is also my BIG friend.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've gone all week without a binge. Forced me to really explore my feelings instead of stuffing them down with food! Im so proud of myself :)
    Also got 5 workouts in this week! :)
  • isanomade
    isanomade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • nauh
    nauh Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new here and in also :) I haven't binged since I started here a week ago... I felt like I had a few nights ago, after I had six Triscuits and 2 slices of cheese and then I remembered- before I started MFP, that would have seemed like a TINY snack. Now I have control over my indulgences (or I'm trying!).

For me, it's really about the aspect of control- feeling in-control while eating, not feeling guilt and shame, and feeling like I'm treating myself right. If I end up bingeing tomorrow, I won't beat myself up- shame is not productive!!!

Good luck to all!!! xx
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    I would like to stay binge free. Any suggestions about what works to divert your attention from food?
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I hate the guilt after I binge

snap
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am on a roll. :bigsmile:

9 days binge and snacks free. I am still on the whole off the processed sugars.
    I go to bed happier with myself and the scales are my trend again :bigsmile: :yawn:
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am on a roll. :bigsmile:

9 days binge and snacks free. I am still on the whole off the processed sugars.
    I go to bed happier with myself and the scales are my trend again :bigsmile: :yawn:

Good for you!!!
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!! Me too! Today will be day 11 binge free. I've been snacking though, and I definitely find reducing my processed sugars helps prevent binges! Good luck :)
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've slipped up, had 3 major binge days in a row so far. Once I started I just hoovered everything in sight. Just wanted to eat and eat. Started this morning with 2 slices of fruit cake in bed. Afraid to get up now as I just want more food. Not good.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've slipped up, had 3 major binge days in a row so far. Once I started I just hoovered everything in sight. Just wanted to eat and eat. Started this morning with 2 slices of fruit cake in bed. Afraid to get up now as I just want more food. Not good.

jumpin in here. First of all Stop beating yourself up! You cant go back and change it, but you CAN move forward. Pick yourself up, brush off the crumbs, and move on.
    Things I find that help.
    -diverting myself, make a list of things to keep you busy.
    -remind yourself, its only an urge, it will go away. (I used to think I HAD to give into a binge, I don't, its a CHOICE)
    -The more you give into a binge, the harder it will be to resist next time, The more you resist, the easier it becomes. Strenthen those resistance muscles!
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Three days is better than three weeks or three months, so you can get out of the cycle now! I completely understand the feeling though...
    I had 25 binge free days in a row and tonight had a binge. It wasn't in the crazy eat everything now type mode, but I way overate and went way over my calories, and feel way too full. I'm really disappointed in myself, especially considering how much binging weight I've gained in the last year!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well but I have eaten too much on a couple of my night shifts and not healthy stuff-loads of sugar. Last night I ate lots of mini flapjacks :ohwell:
    Oh well, today is a new day
    Good luck everyone :drinker:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    in
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Three days without binging! Woot! Haha I know thats not very long but you gotta start somewhere

That's right, you do have to start somewhere! I think 3 days is WONDERFUL :p