Over 50 Group - Recruiting New Members

Options
BRaye325
BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
I'm Bill and I'd like to invite all of you that are in the 50+ age range (or so) to join our group.

I am a co-leader of the group along with Bee (BBee5064). We have been working to create a group that is inspiring, educational, a social gathering place, and fun for the older MFP members.

All you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

If you aren't yet familiar with groups, they are very similar to this general forum but specifically tailored for the members.

Our group is public which means you can view it before deciding to join.
If you decide to join, make sure to hit the green 'join this group' button.
Once you join, the group will always appear at the bottom of your 'Community' page.

Feel free to check my profile or send me a message with any thoughts.

Please post below if you join or have any comments or questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. ;)

Replies

• BRaye325
    Options
    Here's a little about me:
    I've been a member of MFP for 9 months and I've lost 81 pounds and have about 40 more to go.
    I am married, 56 years old with 3 children (32, 30, & 18) and 2 grandchildren (3 & 1). I have never had good eating habits. My health had deteriorated to the point that I was the heaviest I'd ever been (started at 325 lbs), on multiple prescriptions for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diuretics, and acid reflux.
    Stress sometimes overwhelms me and I have been eating my way through it - that's how I got here!
    I am hoping that if I can take control of this part of my life - for me - it will ultimately help with all of the other problems in my life.
  • zutshihora
    zutshihora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    THAT is inspiring Bill. My name is Shabnam and am new to joining a group and all.
  • sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, Bill! I'll be joining you too!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Welcome, the more the merrier! We have more than doubled our membership in the past week. It's really taking off.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Our discussion threads have really taken on a life of their own now - thanks to all who have joined!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We have a goal to reach 100 active members, just 20 more to go!
  • iamfashiontribes
    iamfashiontribes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm relatively new to MFP but was on weight watchers for a long while. Got to goal weight & stayed there for a couple years until ... life kinda happened. Back to doing what I know works, especially tracking & loving the MFP app & community both. I turned 50 in February & I currently live in Portland, Oregon & am a freelance writer. I've been doing Insanity for workouts 5+ times/week + I don't have a car right now & walk a lot. Also, my name's Lesley. Nice to meet everyone.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Lesley, welcome! So glad to have you in the group
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We've now more than tripled our membership in a week. It's so great to have more new friends involved - thanks!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi...gonna check it out! The more support the better!
    Connie
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Just 10 more to reach the 100 member mark!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We are at 97, who's going help us hit 100!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Our group has made such great progress this month. We are at 120 active members. We have many experienced members that are making great contributions and sharing their stories. If your new to this and want to learn and share, check us out!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    One of our members recently passed the 200 pound loss mark - check out his story in our discussions!
  • magsj62
    magsj62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 I would like to lose about a stone for my holiday coming up in just over 8 weeks. Could do with some support please. I'm Mags from Wales UK. :)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Mags, nice to meet you. You can join by going to the group and joining.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

I'll also send you a message with the link.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Wondering what maintenance will look like, check out some of our new discussions.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We are approaching 150 active members, check it out!
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just joined!! Whoo Hooo!! I'm 55 and live in the Sacramento Valley of CA. I've maintained for a year, after a loss of 80 pounds. I use my Fitbit and MFP to help :) Greetings to all!!!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Just a few more to get that 150 mark now! We've added over 100 new members in the past 6 weeks.