Maintenance... panic

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    It's still the same numbers game it was when you were losing weight - it's just the balance and goal that has changed.
    1830 isn't a lot, 2000/day is frequently given as an average maintenance for a woman (but obviously subject to wide variations).

Try to get your head around rapid changes in weight being impossible to be fat gain - need to start thinking in terms of trends over weeks and ignore the daily fluctuations.

That's so well stated, sijomial. I track a 7-day average when in a deficit to avoid being distracted or discouraged by fluctuations. In maintenance, I track a 28-day average to eliminate noise from menstrual fluctuations. It makes the trend a lot more obvious.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    No advise, just wanted to say congratulations on reaching your goal. :)
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    No advise, just wanted to say congratulations on reaching your goal. :)

Thank you ;)
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    be prepared to put on 3-5 lbs as your body's glycogen stores are replenished. This is the "water weight" you hear so many people refer to. It will happen. Don't freak out, it will level off.

I was a bit neurotic after a one year loss of around 100 lbs. It took me a while to physiologically and psychologically adjust. It's great now that I have a handle on it . Well, I somewhat have a handle. I've drifted up a few pounds and am back on restricted calories for 2-4 weeks to get back down to where I want to be. Find a plan that works for you. Mine is to "diet" every day for lunch and dinner. At Supper, I get to pig out. You may find something that works for you to easily maintain- one diet day a week, etc.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    gregpack wrote: »
    be prepared to put on 3-5 lbs as your body's glycogen stores are replenished. This is the "water weight" you hear so many people refer to. It will happen. Don't freak out, it will level off.

Respectfully, I disagree. People who "reverse diet " (don't know why it's called that) will continue losing until they hit maintenance, and the glycogen will replenish gradually. There will still be normal fluctuations of course.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I got down to 116 and now stay between 119-125

Good luck!!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting there!! As others have said just increase slowly.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats... U r lucky that u have much more calories Allowance during maintenance... My maintenance is only 1420 calories so in my case it is almost same as losing weight
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    faatima_pk wrote: »
    Congrats... U r lucky that u have much more calories Allowance during maintenance... My maintenance is only 1420 calories so in my case it is almost same as losing weight

Yeah - my maintenance is 1610...You must be tiny!! :smiley:
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

Mine is 1530 according to mfp but I run 3 days a week so I use scooby and as long as I run 3 days a week (110 minutes each day) I can have 1810
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    jzammetti wrote: »

Yeah - my maintenance is 1610...You must be tiny!! :smiley:
    Yap 5 ft

Mine is 1530 according to mfp but I run 3 days a week so I use scooby and as long as I run 3 days a week (110 minutes each day) I can have 1810

Wow 110 minutes... Yea I know for me also only way to increase calories is exercise... But still my total calories allowance is never more than 1600 .... :neutral: