Sugar?!

Options
how many grams of sugar per day for a 19 year old highly active female is acceptable? this app is saying 81g isn't that a little to high?

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition it's really not an issue if you're active and eat a varied balanced diet
  • GrenadeRachel
    GrenadeRachel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! :smile: it won't stop me from toning up or anything though will it?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Rachellwbu wrote: »
    Thank you very much! :smile: it won't stop me from toning up or anything though will it?

Only if you eat enough to take you over your TDEE. Weight loss is all about calories.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,957 Member
    Options
    Suga.........yes pleaaase.
  • GrenadeRachel
    GrenadeRachel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Only if you eat enough to take you over your TDEE. Weight loss is all about calories.

So if I stay in my daily intake (TDEE) it doesn't really matter how much sugar I have?
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain definition you need to lose fat. you will have better/faster results if you cut sugars. I don't particularly try to 'cut' sugars moreso as I try to focus on eating protein/fats.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

So if I stay in my daily intake (TDEE) it doesn't really matter how much sugar I have?

Sugar is a carb. Track your carbs. If you don't go over on carbs, you are good. No need to track sugar separately.
  • AsadiMt
    AsadiMt Posts: 5
    Options
    Its giving you a TOTAL sugar allowance per day, that's including naturally occurring sugars. The nationally accepted guidelines say no more than 22-25g of ADDED sugar per day. Keep in mind carbs are just sugar in disguise.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

For "toning," by which I assume you mean losing fat while keeping your muscle, it matters if it's so much that it's crowding out things like protein and fats.

IMO you should strive for a balanced diet with appropriate macros and aim to get several servings of fruit/vegetables. After that use your leftover calories for whatever you like.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    how many grams of sugar per day for a 19 year old highly active female is acceptable? this app is saying 81g isn't that a little to high?

fits in the 90 grams a day RDI used in the EU and Aus.
  • didifit07
    didifit07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a matter of fact,sugar is a carb,but if u have 200 carbs a day that dosnt mean that you are allowed to eat 200g sugar per day...the app automaticly devides your daily carbs /3 and give you the amount of sugar..according to this you have around 230-240 carbs per day,wich is too high for a 19yr old female,especially the 80g of sugar,try not to pass the 45g of sugar,and the source of that sugar to be from fruits...dont lean on IIFYM,if you want to achieve and progress you should be carefull from carbs and sugars,and chose the source of your food carefully...do cheat meals once in a while but mainly keep it healthy...good luck