Diet issue

Options
2»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Also super low fat. At 160lbs, at least 50g as a BARE minimum should be met every day. Or 0.3x your weight in lbs. My goal is set at 0.4 because I do better on slightly higher fat, and I exceed this often.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    FYI Monday was 9 grams of protein remaining, not 9 grams eaten for the day.

I'm not of the 'you can't have anything processed' band camp. If you feel there is a problem, you need to have it addressed. It could be that you have a medical/health concern that requires you to change the type or amounts of food you eat, but in an internet forum no one can accurately diagnose you.

Blood sugar being too high or too low can make you feel shaky, sweaty, etc. It would not hurt to see your doctor - and in the meantime try to keep your blood sugar balanced by eating something every few hours. Something with carbs and/or sugar. (Yes all sugar is carb but not all carb is sugar.) Doesn't mean you should avoid fat, protein: having them in addition to carbs is good for balance. For these fits, for me, fruit was usually the best, but I didn't always have it on hand. Have something on hand for emergencies. Personally I have not experienced this in over a year, but when I did: fruit gummies worked well. Quick burst of sugar and the feelings would subside within 5-10 minutes. It was something I could keep a pack in my purse without it needing to be refrigerated.

I'm not quite sure why it went away for me. While I have been medically cleared as recent as 5 months ago as being in good health, it was not something I saw a doctor about when I was experiencing it. The only things I can attribute it to, logically: I'm now at a healthy weight, and I typically eat something every few hours. I kind of graze throughout the day. I log all the non-meal stuff under 'snacks' but that includes morning, afternoon, night snacks.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Are you having withdrawal symptoms?
    I recently excluded wheat (and all grains) and dairy from my diet, and totally experienced withdrawal symptoms. I've been without those foods for several weeks, the first week was hard, but since then I'm feeling very good. After a while I will re-introduce them into my meals and see how I respond to them, using chemistry blood tests (lab and home glucometer).
    I would suggest keeping a simple diary of your symptoms, how you feel generally, sleep and mood. It's amazing how helpful measuring and tracking is for identifying problems and what helps.
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think you need more protein and more balanced meals. I get that shaky feeling if I don't include a proper balance of protein/carbs/healthy fats in each meal.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think you know what you need to do. But you need to quit kidding yourself and take a look at your diary...
  • applepie161987
    Options
    Wow so many mean people. Thank you to the people who actually tried to help. I didnt say it was happening within the last few days, this is a problem that has gone on for a couple years. So looking at my diary now will tell you nothing.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am having a diet problem that I don't know how to fix. When I do not eat carbs, I get the shakes. It has been going on for a while, and I wasn't sure which food it was at first. But after testing myself I found out that it is when I do not have bread or something with my meal. It stinks because in the morning if I just want some egg whites and a fruit, I get these intense cravings that make my hands shake, and I feel really weak. Does anyone get this too and is there a name for this? Is it something biological? Its more then just a craving because I crave sweets also but I can ignore it and do not get the shakes and weakness.
    Wow so many mean people. Thank you to the people who actually tried to help. I didnt say it was happening within the last few days, this is a problem that has gone on for a couple years. So looking at my diary now will tell you nothing.

These don't even remotely have the same meaning on the boards. People are going to assume it's a relatively short while or that you'd have addressed it long before now.

Have you seen a doctor and gotten your blood sugar tested? Symptoms like that are definitely worrisome if they've been going on for that long. I'd sort out potential illness before trying to change your diet to a point where it could to dangerous.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You could also have an iron deficiency=anemia. I use to get really really weak if I didn't eat red meat at least every other day not that I recommend thaT for everyone but, it worked for me when I would get really woozy and shaked like I was on the verge of a stroke.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    There is a name for this. We cal it: "It's All In Your Head"