Tell me, what's your secret? *rolls eyes*

Options

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The right answer is always.....wanting it more than you do

This is what i want to tell them everytime they ask what it is i do to be so lean. I end up just telling them i count calories...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My neurologist's NP asked me this week. Then she told me that she couldn't do it because she doesn't want to know how many calories are in what she eats.

She doesn't really need to worry about her weight, though.

Two other doctors have thought it's great and the only way to do it. I'll have a fourth medical opinion after I see my rheumy next week.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I tell 'em I ran a 20-miler this weekend...
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I try to be vague - "oh, I've taken up running and am watching what I eat". Some coworkers have been quite hostile. It's incredibly bizarre.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I eat a 2 lb lunch and have a 5 lb poop. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. :D
  • rkulich
    rkulich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Unicorn tears and the shout of a bigfoot...
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I usually say "eat less and move more" too.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I tell people that I count calories and they immediately make up some excuse like "that's too hard, I can't do that, etc, etc."

I think i'm going to start telling them something ridiculous, like =

I only eat carbs for breakfast.
    I drink 8 oz. of pure lime juice before every meal and it burns the fat.
    I microwave my chicken instead of grilling it, and the microwaves zap all the carbs and fat and increase the protein.
    Every time I eat something like chips or chocolate, I eat a pickle with it, and the combination will offset the calories and help them burn faster.

;-)
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I tell people that I count calories and they immediately make up some excuse like "that's too hard, I can't do that, etc, etc."

I think i'm going to start telling them something ridiculous, like =

I only eat carbs for breakfast.
    I drink 8 oz. of pure lime juice before every meal and it burns the fat.
    I microwave my chicken instead of grilling it, and the microwaves zap all the carbs and fat and increase the protein.
    Every time I eat something like chips or chocolate, I eat a pickle with it, and the combination will offset the calories and help them burn faster.

;-)

This is funny. I could add so much to this list.

- I have grapefruit with every meal because it acts as a catalyst and boosts your metabolism or hot sauce because that's also good for your metabolism.
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    It's the "Eat Like a Person, not Like a Horse" plan.

I like this answer!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I tell them a drink a combination of toilet duck, lemon, cinnamon and almond milk every morning. Because lets face it, it's the sort of thing they want to hear.
    *scribbles frantically* What color toilet duck was it?!?!? Was it ceylon cinnamon or cassia? What type of lemon was it? I NEED YOUR DETAILS ON YOUR SECRET. :angry:
    It is amusing when people ask, they really don't want the truth. So why give it to them if they're not willing to take it. Oh people.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The problem is that people don't really even notice that you've lost weight for the first 20 or 25 pounds, and that's usually when wearing something new that really shows it, or when they haven't seen you in two or three weeks. For them, it IS magical. Like many of you, I just smile and say I'm eating less and exercising more, and as slow as it comes off, it's a LOT faster than when it came on!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I tend to answer that question with "I'm on this radical plan where you eat less and move more". Sometimes I pull a Peter Griffin:

Salesman: Have you lost weight?
    Peter: Nah, it's still there. I'm just parting it on the other side now.
  • danjbadassery
    danjbadassery Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I cant really use it yet because I dropped my weight (from 195 to 170) from stopping drinking 2 handles of Jack a week about 4 years ago.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Everyone is looking for that elusive magic pill that allows them to live an unhealthy life without consequences. It doesn't exist.

However, for a limited time I can provide you with a magic elixir that will make the fat melt off. It was $50 but for the next 30 minutes it is reduced to only $19.95! If you call right now, I will double your order for free if you pay additional handling and shipping.
    :)

::flings all my credit cards at you::
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Oh. I love you all.
  • pepperpat64
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    It's the "Eat Like a Person, not Like a Horse" plan.

Clearly you have never met my husband. :neutral:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    There was a thread like this recently and someone said that their response was "I eat a pinecone every day." It's as good an answer as any.
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think most people know what they need to do ie eat less and move more but it's the actually doing that's so hard and so they want to find a quick fix. I have a family member who tells me she was good for a few days but stress at work got the better of her and she keeps snacking on high calorie foods and it's not being able to stop that. People have to be ready and have the mindset to lose weight.
  • pepperpat64
    Options
    I eat a 2 lb lunch and have a 5 lb poop. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. :D

You're livin' the dream.