"shark week"

Options
2»

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    As another poster said, PMS is usual but not normal. The only symptoms I've ever had are feeling more hungry the day before they arrive, and that's it. If I had even half of the symptoms mentioned here on this thread, I'd be at the doctors office quick smart. Effed if I'd be putting up with that every single month :disappointed:

I don't really get cramps that bad.. and my flow is pretty light besides the second day.. but i have ALWAYS gotten so exhausted.. drs appt in a few weeks so hopefully i can get some help
  • fishshark
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »
    I find that exercise generally gives me more energy and helps with cramping. I also like to eat a nice bloody steak, I feel like that helps when I feel like I'm basically bleeding out.

making prime rib for dinner tonight haha!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Advil, red meat, pound water and tough through it. You'll feel better when you do :-)
  • lisalisa94585
    lisalisa94585 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this! Being that I'm in perimenopause finally (will be 56 in six weeks) and just started getting shark week every 3 weeks, First day too much bleeding so I just lay around. Second day do force a work out and feel better. Love my Aleve during that time. Sleep crappy too. I do need to increase my iron intake.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I get terrible fatigue too. Vitamin D has helped (but I was diagnosed as deficient, I wouldn't recommend just playing around with that by yourself). But I still get fatigued for a few days. On those days I will often just do a very low key workout, say 10 minutes of yoga or Pilates, something like that.

I wouldn't recommend upping your iron without seeing your doctor first. Perhaps I'm conservative but I don't add supplements without knowing where I'm starting from.
  • fishshark
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I get terrible fatigue too. Vitamin D has helped (but I was diagnosed as deficient, I wouldn't recommend just playing around with that by yourself). But I still get fatigued for a few days. On those days I will often just do a very low key workout, say 10 minutes of yoga or Pilates, something like that.

I wouldn't recommend upping your iron without seeing your doctor first. Perhaps I'm conservative but I don't add supplements without knowing where I'm starting from.

I've been d deficient for years... my last test i was at 16... and i live in san diego lol. I had to switch doctors because of insurance so in a couple weeks I'm getting all my levels checked. Im taking 3000 D everyday but with levels that low I'm sure it won't do much. I am hoping my new dr will be able to prescribe me a higher amount. When i lived in portland my level was 8! I usually test as deficient in D, Iron, B vitamins and i eat a pretty well balanced diet and take vitamins.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

I've been d deficient for years... my last test i was at 16... and i live in san diego lol. I had to switch doctors because of insurance so in a couple weeks I'm getting all my levels checked. Im taking 3000 D everyday but with levels that low I'm sure it won't do much. I am hoping my new dr will be able to prescribe me a higher amount. When i lived in portland my level was 8! I usually test as deficient in D, Iron, B vitamins and i eat a pretty well balanced diet and take vitamins.

Yupper. I was 11 and then 12 at my follow-up and I live in Los Angeles County! Outside all the time with the kids, never remember sunscreen. I was on a two week initial high dose and then 4000 iu as maintenance which seems to be my sweet spot per my labs. Even then I still only hover around 25-30ish.

I hope your new doc can help you figure this out.

• fishshark
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

Yupper. I was 11 and then 12 at my follow-up and I live in Los Angeles County! Outside all the time with the kids, never remember sunscreen. I was on a two week initial high dose and then 4000 iu as maintenance which seems to be my sweet spot per my labs. Even then I still only hover around 25-30ish.

I hope your new doc can help you figure this out.

so crazy that all that sun and the high dose still keeps u technically "low" I would like to find the reason as to why I'm so defienct but its seems like a pretty common thing