how often do you track your weight on MFP?

Options
how often do you track your weight on MFP?

Replies

• csutherland873
    csutherland873 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I track it every morning after I use the bathroom. I feel it's the most accurate way. I often go up and down but it's usually going down for me.
  • Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every day. I also track on trendweight, it makes me feel better sometimes.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It's not for everyone though. I personally find the ups and downs interesting. I dont get discouraged if I see a gain, it spurs me on to be dilligent with my food in order to see a good loss. The losses dont make me complacent, in fact they spur me on to get more losses.

So you can see, it suits my character to weigh and track my weight every day. Some people get very unpset when they see a gain in which case, weighing weekly might suit them better.

I found that if I had a gain I would be fedup for a week if I weighed weekly.Now I weigh daily I generally see a loss again within a day or 2 so it's not so bad.

Just my personal experience. The basic answer is do whatever works for you. It might take trying different approaches for you to see what suits you best.
  • csutherland873
    Options
    This is also before I eat breakfast so I know it's not weighing in the food I just ate too.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher here. Every day for 3 1/2 years now. I understand that it's not for everyone. The daily fluctuations are too much for some people. But if it doesn't bother you, a daily weigh-in provides a very accurate picture of your weight if you look at a weekly average. It takes out the highs and lows.
  • tiffany82manross
    tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    do you guys log your weight on the MFP weight thing everyday?
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I weigh way too often and log every single loss, even if it's a tenth of a pound every day. I've decided to take a break from it. I got dunked yesterday to find my body fat and my next test is in 8 weeks. I'll weigh in again then.
  • csutherland873
    Options
    I log my weight in every time I weigh. Though I feel less inclined to when I've gone up a bit. Hah!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options

yep
  • Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Yeah, so that I can see a trends and losses on the chart.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log losses. I'm post menopausal, so any weight gain fluctuations are easy for me to associate with either increased sodium/carb intake or gym visits.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

I weigh every morning. I have the fitbit Aria scale and it links to MFP so it is automatically logged every day. I want to know my weight because it is so easy for me to lie to myself.

I really trust the CICO process though. I don't stress over water retention. I just want to see a decline in weight overall. The tiny fluctuations don't make me crazy like they do some people. It's a personal decision so do whatever is best for you.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I track it in MFP weekly.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh every couple of days, but only record the number on Mondays mornings.
  • mylosingtool0612
    Options
    Every day : )
  • eddiedamn
    eddiedamn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weekly.
  • aComputerHero
    aComputerHero Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily, but only log on Monday mornings. Sunday mornings I'm typically hung over, so I worry that dehydration will affect my weight. So Monday is the official start of the week for me.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Every morning after getting freshened up
  • noon1200
    noon1200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Once a month I weigh myself five mornings in a row and enter the average value into MFP.
  • flippen75
    flippen75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every week, only if I lost though....(lol)