How do you feel about splenda?

Options
So i need to get my sugar intake down but i LOVE LOVE LOVE my coffee and can't do black coffee, it's just not for me no matter how hard i try. how do you all feel about splenda, the fake stuff, the big yellow packet?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I hate the aftertaste so much, it's intolerable. I don't like sugar in my coffee either, though. I use pink packets.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I hate stuff with a passion.
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I hate the aftertaste so much, it's intolerable. I don't like sugar in my coffee either, though. I use pink packets.

ugh see i can't stand the pink stuff! the yellow stuff does have an aftertaste to me but not quite as bad. i wish sugars didn't count. coffee sugar shouldn't count. the calories can but the sugars shouldn't. that's just my two cents.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love Splenda and have been using it in my coffee for years. I don't find that it has an after taste. I do not like Sweet n Low, which is the pink packet. I have not tried Truvia, which is another calorie free option.
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Stevia!!!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    ive done all three and truvia is pobably my fav. do whichever u like best! there is so much conflicting research its impossible to weed out the truth
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sweeteners are vile. I'd rather drink my hot drinks with nothing than have fake sugar. Shudder.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Relaxed. Mmmm, chlorinated sucrose...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I <3 Splenda. Hard.

In fact, I love it so much that I was VERY angry that I forget to get more, and was forced to drink this morning's coffee with REAL sugar (bleh!). LOL, but seriously, I'm so accustomed to the taste of Splenda, that real sugar in coffee tastes strange to me. Real sugar only belongs in my Coca-Cola, thank you very much.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I like it. I switched to the liquid form you can get on Amazon to save a few calories from the fillers.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I don't feel anything

Except for Leo.

• DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use it in my coffee in the morning. I prefer Splenda to the pink packets. I don't mind Equal. If you enjoy it, use it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Learn to love it black.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I think splenda is splendid. But in coffee only, i prefer the pink :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia, which is a brand name for the plant, stevia, a naturally growing sweetener with no calories.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use Truvia, which is a brand name for the plant, stevia, a naturally growing sweetener with no calories.

Don't be fooled. Truvia is erythritol sweetened with trace amounts of rebiana (stevia plant). It is the same base as most artificial sweeteners.

Ask yourself this, how did a plant/leaf become a crystal?

It's also manufactured by Cargill (Coca Cola Company).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So i need to get my sugar intake down but i LOVE LOVE LOVE my coffee and can't do black coffee, it's just not for me no matter how hard i try. how do you all feel about splenda, the fake stuff, the big yellow packet?

I avoid artificial sweeteners. I don't drink coffee but just drink unsweetened tea.
    Just try the splenda and see if you like it.
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i was just wondering because of all the stuff they're saying about how bad diet drinks and sugar substitutes are. ugh so much info out there by so many different people :/