Easter Cheaters

Options
2»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I had jelly beans, chocolate coins, and a doughnut for breakfast. ;)
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So I ended up having a large meal for brunch, about 1000 calories, a smaller evening meal of about 400 calories and a slice of pie which brought me to about 61 calories above my goal. Still way under maintenance!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I didn't have an "Easter lunch" or "Easter dinner" or meal of any kind but I did allow this to be my cheat day sort of. I still logged all of my food though because I feel it's important if you want to stay within your weekly calorie goals. I also went for two walks one 35 min and one 22 min. I think it's fine to cheat on holidays if you wish. Right now I'm nearing a very important goal/milestone so I only slightly "cheated" because I'm really focused atm. But hey! Whatever makes yo happy! If you can't be happy and fit at the same time I don't see much point.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a great week dieting then ate horribly all weekend. Today, brunch- french toast, sugar, with bacon. Dinner was fast food, fried shrimp with mashed potatoes. Fried blueberry and cream cheese danish. My original plan was to ignore Easter but I couldn't make it happen.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Here's an estimate of what I ate in a like... 1-2hr window (not weighed, some foods are added for fat/butter estimates)

zpmcpg856dyt.png

And still within my deficit, of course no way of knowing 100% but it's unlikely I ate all the way to maintenance.

• akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about a healthy mindset. If every once in awhile you go a bit over your calories, it's no big deal... assuming that many days you are also under, and it balances out! But I wouldn't see any holiday as an excuse to completely binge eat. (And obviously that's not what you're talking about). I don't think that's a healthy mentality. It's all about balance, moderation, and making changes that you can stick with in the long term, which means some days will be over and some will be under
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate easter but I got myself a big old cheese burger and fries and a couple whiskey's for fun. Above my deficit for the day but still at my weekly goal.
  • kriste215
    kriste215 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I logged everything, i are one plate if everything i wanted- no 2nds (or 3rds) or picking at stuffing all day, i also ate one slice of egg custard pie, went over by 300 calories but it could be worse, im a cheater! Im ok with it! Back to the grind tomirrow
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had a light breakfast today and a small salad for lunch. I had a big slice of prime rib for dinner with mashed potatoes and veggies, but passed on the rolls. Had a small piece of cake and coffee for dessert. All in all, I'm over by about 100 calories. Still under for the week though, so it's no big deal.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    3donuts for breakfast
    Mac and cheese for lunch
    1 lb of prime rib asparagus and potatoes for dinner
    More candy or chocolate than I care to admit

I'm good with it
  • sup3rb3ast
    sup3rb3ast Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I worked out extra today to make up for any indulgences (chocolate, all the chocolate). As opposed to my usual 30 minutes, I did 90 minutes. Still in deficit, no harm done! Happy Easter!
  • sarinehatz
    sarinehatz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well at least you are doing it only for Easter Day . I've started a week ago .
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I have very little sense of taste due to a recent cold so I ate quite responsibly this holiday! But nomally I will cheat on holidays. I try to stick with the stuff that is really worth it to me and pass on the stuff that I'm not crazy about.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I pigged out like a happy crazy woman yesterday. Now off to guesstimate and log!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Anyone else retaining water today? My sodium was off the chart yesterday and the scale this morning was a disaster. No regrets, but man ham is a killer.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Anyone else retaining water today? My sodium was off the chart yesterday and the scale this morning was a disaster. No regrets, but man ham is a killer.

I'm two pounds over where I was yesterday morning (but 2 pounds less than before bed last night, so I'm partially flushed!)

Lots of tea and water today! AND MORE HARDBOILED EGGS nomnomnom.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »

I don't know if I'm going to look...Think I'm going to have a good day today and peek tomorrow :)