With the end of the world coming this Saturday........

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Being that the world is not really going to end; I'd say stick to your diet....otherwise you won't be happy with yourself when the 22nd rolls around =)

Amen to reality!
  • kathyw731
    kathyw731 Posts: 22
    Options
    Since we won't be judged for eating on that day, I'd say you are safe doing whichever.... if on the other hand, you stick to your diet but have issues with other major sins and the world ends on the 21st .... the time to repent is now! By the way, the world will never end. The world will be changed and restored to it's former glory. (That's a different story all together) I'm just hoping I will be eternally happy and slender.... no stretch marks would be nice to, and whose idea was menopause (hot flashes) anyway.... that's got to go! Isn't life great... even with all the "special" people out there.... they just make life more enjoyable and interesting.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Being that the world is not really going to end; I'd say stick to your diet....otherwise you won't be happy with yourself when the 22nd rolls around =)

Amen to reality!

NO NO REALITY , FIGHT REALITY , DENY REALITY
    reality is boring
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I found this really comprehensive list of dates the world might end.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

There are about 220 and a lot are still "Coming Soon!"

And the May 21st rapture people have a live twitter feed. http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Even Rapturists are on twitter. Amazing.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Does anyone want to go looting with me on Sunday?

I'm there, whats our first stop?

You pick. I just want to break some windows and take things that don't belong to me. It really doesn't matter what or where.

Since family radio (the group behind these billboards) is in Oakland, CA that might be the place to start. I imagine the rapture will start there and radiate outwards.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    my youngest son turns 21 on 12/21/12. Interesting symmetry of digits, huh? LOL Just in case we all die before he has a chance to have a drink, I gave him a Guinness on his 18th birthday :wink:

Excellent choice. I believe my 18th birthday was Bud Light and Wild Turkey. Guinness would have been much better.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    yeah I thought it was 2012 as well. Oh well...
    Thats when the Mayan calender ends so thats their prediction.
    The Bible says NO ONE knows when the Lord will come so I try to live my life like he will come tomorrow! Thats the best way to do it!!!

exactly!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my youngest son turns 21 on 12/21/12. Interesting symmetry of digits, huh? LOL Just in case we all die before he has a chance to have a drink, I gave him a Guinness on his 18th birthday :wink:

Excellent choice. I believe my 18th birthday was Bud Light and Wild Turkey. Guinness would have been much better.

:wink:

hell yeah, we're Irish. There will be no Bud Light, nor will there be PBR :sick:
  • rodnbek1
    rodnbek1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Being that the Bible says that 'NO man shall know that hour or day that the Lord will come' back...I'd say...Stick to your plan... =o) P.S. If we keep a 'short account' with God, we don't have to give His return a second thought...in regard to worrying about it. Confess our sins, live for Him...and eternity will be grand! :D
  • njrower
    njrower Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great responses everyone! So I decided to stick to my game plan. Saturday night is my "cheat night", so the end of the world better not come or there will be "Hell to Pay" :devil:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I say drink lots-o-beer
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I say drink lots-o-beer

This. Only make mine Jack.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    This is old news, Al Gore has been predicting the end of the world for years. Stupid science.
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I say we party!!! At my place!!!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    So would Friday be the best day for me to tell my boss to stick her job up her backside??? Yes??

ok! thanks for the heads up!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one that is losing sleep then. I bet I won't be sleeping much this week. It kept me from sleeping on Sunday. I just want to go home.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I found this really comprehensive list of dates the world might end.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

That website is a cornucopia of ludicrousness.

I'm all for a looting party. I'm just pissed that I'm going to loose the $100 I put down on the world going to the crapper in a Zombie Apocalypse. Shoot.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    facepsalm.jpg

Silly people....
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaait -- what's the "rapture" talk? I thought it was the coming of the *raptor*...!
    Now *that* would have been cool! :grumble:

54rhu.jpg
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Music from the Squirrel Nut Zippers to prep you for the May 21, 2011

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbS-1m9H1RY&feature=related

LYRICS
    In the afterlife
    You could be headed for the serious strife
    Now you make the scene all day
    But tomorrow there'll be hell to pay

People listen attentively
    I mean about future calamity
    I used to think the idea was obsolete
    Until I heard the old man stamping his feet.

This is a place where eternally
    Fire is applied to the body
    Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
    Then baked into cakes which are passed around.

Beauty, talent, fame, money, refinement
    Top skill and brain
    But all the things you try to hide
    Will be revealed on the other side.

Now the d and the a and the m
    And the n and the a
    And the t and the i-o-n
    Lose your face, lose your name
    Then get fitted for a suit of flame