What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Only milk and coffee powder. Nothing else.
    Coffee powder? Like instant coffee?
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sugar and organic grass milk!

Grass milk, mmmmm sounds delicious :tongue: I assume you meant grass FED milk? :) xx

lmao. That would be one soothing coffee!

Haha it'd put me straight to sleep :open_mouth::cookie:

ahaha a cookie! :'D
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    katy84o wrote: »
    Half & half, I don't measure I just go by color. So if it's a lighter roast I'll put less, darker roast more. A tiny bit of sugar, sometimes. And occasionally I add a serving of protein powder. It's a pain in the *kitten* to mix it up. But it tastes good.

I mix the scoop of protein powder in about 1/4 cup cold water in a shaker cup and pour it in. WAY easier than trying to mix it in the hot coffee!!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I switched to tea. Not as much caffeine. But the black stuff still gives an okay boost. I'll add half a tablespoon of honey if I need it sweetened up.
  • SpiritBunny
    SpiritBunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil and a little sugar.
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I quit using store-bought creamers awhile ago simply because I wasn't a fan of all of the ingredients. I switched to using heavy whipping cream, vanilla-flavored Stevia drops. a little Stevia powder, and a few drops of real vanilla. Whipped in a Tovolo Easy Prep mixer to boot. Its easy, its sweet, its good 'fat' calories in my opinion (and I could care less if you disagree with me), and doesn't have any hydrogenated oils. It lasts several days in the fridge and in my opinion, it is the best creamer I've ever had. Its very hard to go back to the store-bought stuff.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OP, maybe some sort of flavored powdered milk? Vanilla? I just found out of someone who does this, so there's another idea =)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I usually put some milk in regular coffee, but I can also take it without. I prefer my espresso black though
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Prefer my coffee black
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dark, no sugar/splenda/stevia added... I learned to drink it this way, and I like it. I used to put non-dairy creamers, or plain milk, two sugars, or splenda... but nowadays I enjoy the taste of pure coffee :)
  • 2014saram
    Options
    1 packet of Truvia and 3 T half and half.
  • Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of non-dairy extra rich creamer. Mmmm. Having a coffee after not having any for like a week.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I allow myself one 10oz cup k-cup a day and use 2 of the prepackaged International Delight creamers (I love Almond Joy) and vanilla flavored stevia. 62 calories and my coffee need is met. I found that when I was buying the fat free/sugar free bottle of creamers I was always over pouring. I like knowing that I can just grab two creamers and thats it.
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use sugar cubes for my coffee to help with portion control. I only have one cup of coffee a day that is about 12 oz. I add 2 sugar cubes which equals 1 tsp. of sugar and a serving of powered fat free hazelnut coffeemate. I have used stevia before and it was ok and I can't handle the taste of Splenda in my coffee. It fits in my day and I would rather enjoy my coffee than use something else. I have cut way back on how much sugar and creamer that I use.
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I put in Truvia and almond milk (vanilla, unsweetened) when I'm at home. Otherwise, it's a no-calorie sweetener and the 2% little milks. (I tried a creamer once and didn't really notice a difference between cream and milk, so I'll just stick with my milk.) Sometimes I'll add cinnamon or other spices if I'm feeling really adventurous.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sugar free syrup and u/c cashew milk (if you havent tried cashew milk, I highly recommend it over almond milk). Or I'll drink it black
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk... But sometimes sugar. 15 delicious calories.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    2 tsp of Organic sugar and 1 tbsp of dunkin donuts extra extra creamer because it is delicious.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Yak butter...Nasmaste
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I went to black coffee very very gradually.
    Started out drinking coffee with flavored nondairy creamer and agave, years ago when agave was supposed to be so great (ugh).
    Switched to nondairy creamer & artificial sweetener.
    Then switched to 1% milk and sweetener.
    Then vanilla almond milk, no sweetener.
    Next was unsweetened original almond milk and no sweetener...which I still do sometimes, but usually it's black.

Might be a bit over the top but honestly I think I would have been so disgusted in my nondairy creamer loving days to try and go straight to black coffee!