Running out of time-what do you think

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    You could chop off a leg from the knee down. That should be about 40 lbs right there.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    When I saw the title of this thread my first instinct was to say, "You always have time to make a good choice." It really is a daily decision. I'm in my mid-fifties, so if I could start late, you can too.

Now, if you are trying to prepare for a particular event, um, no. Don't set yourself up for failure. If it's appearance that matters, get an outfit that suits you at your current weight and makes you feel great. If it's getting in to an existing outfit, have it altered. If it's weight (i.e. qualifying for a bungee jump or something) you are going to have to pass this time around.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Party at Clic's house on June 27th 2015...woop woop.

Hey its Khloé Kardashians birthday on June 27th, you dont think that maybe the op has an invite to the party?

Khloe is a scary lady to me. If we do "the bump" dance she'll bump me to the next event room!
  • Annr
    ohhhh maybe she DOES want to bungee jump or fit into a specific ride at Disneyland....since she started this thread she hasn't typed squat...so it leaves this lady (me) in Oregon to assume limitless possibilities.....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I really want to know what is happening in two months...
  • Annr
    I know really! Maybe the cut the leg off at the knee comment scared her off....giving Chivalryder the evil eye...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    I know really! Maybe the cut the leg off at the knee comment scared her off....giving Chivalryder the evil eye...

Well, if the number is what's important, hacking off limbs is by far the fastest way to make the numbers lower.
  • Annr
    True chivalryder....
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I have two guesses...reunion or wedding.

And while I completely understand the wanting to lose the weight, and doing it in that short amount of time, it's just not healthy.
    You basically have 11 weeks to lose some weight, so look at it realistically. Losing 0.5-1.5 pounds per week is realistic which puts you losing around 5.5-16.5 pounds in that amount of time.
    Just start small, and take baby steps. I know that's not what you want to hear, but at least you'll be doing it in a healthy way and you will be thankful in the long run that you didn't do a quick fix and gain everything (and possibly more) back and maintained it. :smiley:
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Ok, so i have exactly 2 months and 21 days to loos about 35-40 lbs...what do you think, is it possible? Pleaseee, say it is..... I have much more to loose, i am around 245 lbs, but i needdd to lose those 35 lbs in that time. Maybe, if i really, really try.....?

Lots of things are possible... that doesn't mean they are healthy or right things to do.
    You can starve and torture yourself and do it. You will probably look and feel pretty bad though.
    20 lbs is a more realistic and reasonable goal to set for that time period. Set your goal to lose 2 lbs a week and eat the calories MFP tells you to. Be healthy.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?
    Given the lack of tone of voice on the internet, and the number of nutjobs who genuinely believe in what you suggested, it's very important to be clear when you are being sarcastic! I find a winky face, or :tongue: to be very effective.

• jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    laura3977 wrote: »
    jendraka wrote: »
    I weighed upwards of 200 when I started losing weight. The more you have to start with the more possible to come off in a shorter amount of time. I lost 40lbs in the first 3 months I dieted and I ate consistently at 1300-1500 calories and exercised regularly. I didn't starve myself, I didn't overdo the exercise (just started with walking daily), I just made sure I kept active and to the diet. I know several people are saying it can't be done, but actually, it can. Safely too. It is just a matter of how much you have on you to start with.

I think the point the several people you are referring to are trying to make is that it can't be guaranteed. So, what happens if she doesn't reach that goal? For some people it can be enough to say "forget it!". I feel that in weight loss it's better to aim for the lower end of weight loss progress, .5 - 1lb per week, rather than the 2 lb per week. Weight loss isn't linear so even if she set her weight loss to 2 lbs per week, it is not guaranteed that it will happen, even if it happens to others.

See, I never set that goal. I just set the goal, at first, to lose weight and get healthy again. The weight just fell off me like it did. She asked if it was possible to lose that weight in that time. I simply answered that, yes, it is possible. As I also said, I did it without starving and kept to a reasonable diet and included exercise. It is true that the larger you start out at the more weight can come off at a faster rate without being unhealthy about it. But each body can react differently. As long as she follows a reasonable diet and tries to remain active it is possible, doesn't mean guaranteed, nor something to hinge everything upon and get discouraged if the results aren't what she expected.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    I lost 35 pounds in 94 days..the time frame that you have established is not realistic. Be prepared for constant hunger every day until you can adjust to it. I'm still losing 2 pounds a week and I'm getting tired of it.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?
    Given the lack of tone of voice on the internet, and the number of nutjobs who genuinely believe in what you suggested, it's very important to be clear when you are being sarcastic! I find a winky face, or :tongue: to be very effective.

Thank you for the lesson in interwebz communication, because I was born yesterday. * deliberate lack of winky face here *
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you all for your answers, the kind one and the others, too. I know how its sounds, so i expected all kind of answers. I see you are very courios about the reason of deadline ...
  • tratincica5000
    edited April 2015
    ...its not reunion or wedding or Disney ( to lady in Oregon)
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    So is it a vacation? A Birthday party?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    WE NEED TO KNOW OP!!

But also yes, it is probable that you won't lose that much in that time, but don't let it put you off from starting to make positive and healthy changes from now on :)
  • tratincica5000
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.