How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do something every day unless I am ill or something unusual, which usually means one day off per month. But, I keep my exercise very "doable" and easy to fit in. I hike in the woods with my big dog about 50 min 4-5x weekly and do 30 min very high intensity circuits with weights 3-4x weekly in our home gym. Several times per week, I fit In 20 min treadmill or elliptical as I watch the morning news. Even if I'm feeling really crappy or tired, I can manage a hike with the dog or 30 min elliptical, which is far better than nothing.

This sounds like a lot, but my goal is to do something reasonable per day and I very rarely exercise more than 50 min daily, unless I am trying to burn off extra calories to justify a special meal. I find that small, enjoyable slices of exercise every day are so much less daunting than planning for brutal 90 min workouts 4x per week, but that's what works for my lifestyle and mindset.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Daily, about 10 hours a day. It's walking while I watch Netflix instead of sitting on my butt watching Netflix. No structured exercise.
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I generally exercise about 4-5 days a week. I am training for a half marathon, so I have to have some non-running days around my long runs. I TRY to walk on my off days, but it doesn't always happen. I used to ride the exercise bike just to burn extra calories, but now that I'm running 10 miles at a time (and it takes up like 1.5-2 hours of my Saturday!), I am a little more lax about cross training on my off days.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week. Most days I do 51 minutes of cardio: 30 minutes on a recumbent bike and 21 minutes on a treadmill. I also do about 15 minutes of weights, but not every time, about twice a week. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be helping me speed up my weight loss, even though I usually only eat back less than 100 calories of exercise.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week, but there are some very light days in there. I vary my workouts a lot with heavy weights, HIIT, Swimming, lighter weights with lots of reps, classes that combine any of the above. I definitely don't get bored.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days I probably go to the gym 4 of those days
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    M-F workouts. With S-Su optional
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Technically, I do 4 thirty-minute workouts a week. However, I don't have a vehicle so I walk or ride my bike to run errands and do the shopping. I also go line dancing for couple of hours once or twice a week.
  • AmyPetite
    Options
    6-7 days a week for 60mins
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Heavy workouts every other day, light workouts on the off days, with 1 rest day.

Your profile pic >>>>>I did that when I was little! Blew me across the room.

I work out 6 days a week. Sometimes twice/day if the weather is gorgeous.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Every.
    Damn.
    Day.
    60 - 90 mins
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Twice per day, seven days a week. Day seven involves the use of a stationary bike for the morning workout and light stretching for the evening workout.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I work out when I feel like it for as long as I feel like it. I know that's a vague answer but I figure if I'm making this a lifestyle change I know that this is how I'd be afterwards thus I might as well do it now. I get in probably about 3x a week a good 45 minutes or so.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I work out when I feel like it for as long as I feel like it. I know that's a vague answer but I figure if I'm making this a lifestyle change I know that this is how I'd be afterwards thus I might as well do it now. I get in probably about 3x a week a good 45 minutes or so.

I'm jealous of this answer, actually. I have no more than 45 minutes during the week (lunch break), so my long runs and long strength workout are forced to be on the weekends.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    5-7 days a week. Cardio at least 5, lifting around 2.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a bit OCD about my gym time. I normally workout almost every day for about 2 hours. In my defense I am a stay a home mommy and I need the break from my 3 yr old son. Additionally, he loves the kids he gets to play with at the gym daycare.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week, 40 min to 1 hour. And I walk the dog twice a day, 15 min in the morning, half an hour in the evening.
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do weights 3 days a week for approximately 40 mins and cardio w/abs 2-3 days a week. I always stick 1-2 rest days per week
  • UbenSlayed
    UbenSlayed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started riding my bike 5 miles a day last year. Bought a new Trek and ride 10 a day now. I am too heavy to run and riding fun at the same time. 300lb 6' 2"