Grab the nearest book, turn to page 30, read the 2nd sentenc

Options
NoWeighJose74
NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
ack, title got cut off... read the 2nd sentence of the 4th paragraph.
No need to divulge the title of the book.

For me it's:

"This is the crucial first step toward becoming a backyard astronomer."

... ugh, boring. Your turn! :laugh:

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    "Nothing had changed."
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Add the brazil nut pieces, and stir everything together until all of the pieces of brazil nuts are well coated.

--Kristen Suzanne's Ultimate Raw Vegan Chocolate Recipes
  • Kassul
    Kassul Posts: 16
    Options
    "One of its many consequences was to pull the rug out from under social scientists like Kroeber and Lowie who had invoked the 'sound scientific method' of placing the living and nonliving in parallel universes."

:)
    Was the nearest book, but I hadn't actually started to read it yet! All the ones I have on the go right now were a bit further away from the computer. Still, having glanced at a few of the sentences on the pages I opened up to, I'm a bit tempted to start this one... No! Bad Kassul! Gotta finish a few of the others first before I start on another Pinker book.
  • Stephb4
    Stephb4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Picked up 3 different books none of which had 4 paragraphs on page 30! So...... Here is the 2nd sentence on page 30 in the second book I picked up. *giggle*

"She heard him opening and closing the front door shortly after the eleven o'clock news began."
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I was thinking of NOT posting but thought, ehhhh, it's too funny not to.

"She was light and delicate in his arms, but she had twisted against him with a hunger that matched his own."

Yeah, so it's fitting for a weight loss forum....she was light, and they were both hungry ;)
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This seems fun!! Hope more people answer :smile:

Mine is from the book, "The Blessed Life"

In this passage, God says: Consecrate to Me all the firstborn, whatever opens the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and beast; it is Mine (Exodus 13:2)

I love this book!!!

Cannot wait to see what everybody else is reading :happy:

Have a Blessed Evening!!
    Michelle
  • NoWeighJose74
    Options
    HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I was thinking of NOT posting but thought, ehhhh, it's too funny not to.

"She was light and delicate in his arms, but she had twisted against him with a hunger that matched his own."

Yeah, so it's fitting for a weight loss forum....she was light, and they were both hungry ;)

Okay, I want that title of that book.
    ...for... my wife to read... yeahh, that's it... >.>
  • mzbrandyluv
    Options

Okay, I want that title of that book.
    ...for... my wife to read... yeahh, that's it... >.>

LOL nice, of course I look like the devil next to the post AFTER mine...sigh but anyway....the title is "Mackenzie's Mountain" By Linda Howard...you're wife will love it ;)
  • ericapledger
    ericapledger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go up out of your crown chakra in a beautiful ball of light out to the universe....
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    An obvious place to start is your family Dr.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ok there is a picture on pg 30 so on pg 31 it's...

My shins are itchy and my neck hurts like a son of a #%*@#.
    Book: Water for Elephants
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OH NO there are only three paragraphs on page 30! WHAT DO I DO lol:noway:

try another book, of course...:wink:

"Workload pressures have increased due to downsizing"

from Human Resource Management, the text for the class I am teaching. YAWN.
  • watsonisin
    watsonisin Posts: 3
    Options
    People like them don't strike underlings, at least not in public.

Hello to all. I'm new to MFP. I'm really excited about the program and support.
  • mzbrandyluv
    Options
    An obvious place to start is your family Dr.

That's such a GREAT random line that could fit SO many things!

"Let's try to figure out who framed Roger Rabbit..." An obvious place to start is your family Dr. :ohwell:

"I want to know who my real father is..." An obvious place to start is your family Dr. :noway:

"What is the craziest thing you've ever done?" An obvious place to start is your family Dr :tongue:
    Ok, I'll stop now :happy:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    What are the values x', y', z', t' of an event with respect to K', when the magnitudes x,y,z,t, of the same event with respect to K are given?
  • NoWeighJose74
    Options
    What are the values x', y', z', t' of an event with respect to K', when the magnitudes x,y,z,t, of the same event with respect to K are given?

My head just exploded.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    "For a moment, Mariam heard Nana's voice in her head, mocking, dousing the deep seated glow of her hopes"

OOoohhhh mine sounds so mysterious:bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "I will not, will not, with a goat."

Wow...that doesn't sound very good.
  • TentionSpeak
    Options
    He knew he should not have gone down the dark alley, but the presence of something called to him.
  • Stephb4
    Stephb4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "I will not, will not, with a goat."

Wow...that doesn't sound very good.

Probably a good idea to stay away from the goats..... just a thought. LOL