2 hour cardio ?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My elliptical only gets 35 minutes 3 times a week of my attention and love.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing some footage of hippies doing cardio during a 60's Vietnam war protest. To be fair I don't think it was intentional because they were being Tier Gassed.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I cycle 3 to 4 times a week and a 2 hour ride is fairly typical with at least 1 ride a week of 4 + hours.
    I would quit out of pure boredom if it was a stationary cardio machine.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I remember seeing some footage of hippies doing cardio during a 60's Vietnam war protest. To be fair I don't think it was intentional because they were being Tier Gassed.

LS2u2jI.gif
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

LS2u2jI.gif

God I love you.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I spend 2 hours + doing cardio at least 3 times per week. Usually 1 hour to 1.5 the other days. No loss of muscle here.

I was talking about excessive like 2 hours EVERYDAY.....and also if you're eating enough protein...of course you won't lose muscle.

You can eat protein till you're blue in the face and you've blown your kidneys out- that won't save muscle.

You have to use them in order to not loose them. Yes you need protein- but protein + cardio doesn' t = muscle saved.

A well rounded fitness program for general health and wellness will include a cardiovascular component and a resistance/strength training component. The more specific the training goals- the more that is going to tip to one side or another in terms of volume and intensity.

But just eating more protein isn't a catch all for muscle.

Sigh. Man I wish you some good luck- you have a long way to go.

Who the hell told you you only needed to use protein in order to preserve muscle? I never said anything about no resistance training...OF course you need that. What I've been doing is working as I'm losing fat and my muscle mass hasn't decreased at all because I've did a combination of all of the above including strength training and some cardio. You probably misunderstood me.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ebyla85 wrote: »
    Does anyone else some days do more cardio than other days ? And if so why ?

Yes. Because marathon training. I run 5-6 days a week. I run 3-8 miles on week days, and usually 12-20 as my Sunday long run. But I never think of my runs as "cardio," just running. And I usually only do my midweek runs on the treadmill, maxing out at about 45-60 minutes. To this day, I've never done a long run on a treadmill.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Another here who likes to cycle outside for a long time. Get in the zone & just go. It's all good....we all have our different workouts.

eta: & I agree w/above poster, indoor cycle is mind-numbing boring & my hat is off to them who are disciplined to have to use their trainer indoors!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Probaly a dumb question but hey I needed to ask I see people who stay on those cardio machines 2 hours plus lol

why, on god's green earth, would anyone want to spend two hours on a machine?

Perhaps they are training for their sport?

In winter I watch quite a few games of rugby (or other TV programs) on a training bike or elliptical - too cold for me to train outdoors. So instead sitting on my *kitten* on the sofa watching the game I'm working my *kitten* off and still enjoying watching the game.

Is it so surprising that people have different fitness goals?

I train for my sport outdoors all winter, running in temperatures as low as -25C, so, yeah... it does surprise me when people choose to spend that amount of time on a machine.

I run in -20, but not this winter because we had so much snow it was dangerous. The bankings were taller than people, so cars couldn't see you coming. But I'm not going to judge those who choose to run indoors. I tried running an indoor track, and it wasn't for me, but really, who cares what others do? It's not your body or your choice. It's theirs. Live & let live and save your energy for your own personal improvement.

I don't care what others do. I simply don't understand why someone would choose to spend that amount of time on a machine. I'd rather gouge my eyes out. I guess that means you're more dedicated than I am.

No one said that, although you kinda implied it. I can clearly see the game you're playing here. So I'm stepping off cause I won't play this way with my 15 year old.

Nice profile pic BTW. I kinda prefer showing the results of my efforts but don't worry. You will when you get there :wink:

That's more than a little low and totally uncalled for. Disagreeing is one thing but personal attacks, wow.
    She has a ton of results to show. Whether she decides to use her profile to show it or not is not an indication of success.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Probaly a dumb question but hey I needed to ask I see people who stay on those cardio machines 2 hours plus lol

In winter I watch quite a few games of rugby (or other TV programs) on a training bike or elliptical - too cold for me to train outdoors. So instead sitting on my *kitten* on the sofa watching the game I'm working my *kitten* off and still enjoying watching the game.

I train for my sport outdoors all winter, running in temperatures as low as -25C, so, yeah... it does surprise me when people choose to spend that amount of time on a machine.

I run in -20, but not this winter because we had so much snow it was dangerous. The bankings were taller than people, so cars couldn't see you coming. But I'm not going to judge those who choose to run indoors. I tried running an indoor track, and it wasn't for me, but really, who cares what others do? It's not your body or your choice. It's theirs. Live & let live and save your energy for your own personal improvement.

I don't care what others do. I simply don't understand why someone would choose to spend that amount of time on a machine. I'd rather gouge my eyes out. I guess that means you're more dedicated than I am.

No one said that, although you kinda implied it. I can clearly see the game you're playing here. So I'm stepping off cause I won't play this way with my 15 year old.

Nice profile pic BTW. I kinda prefer showing the results of my efforts but don't worry. You will when you get there :wink:

Woah. that took a turn for the...something.

smdh.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Dang. You must not have anything real to say.

And, honestly, she is one of a slim number of long term success stories. People dream about making the kind of progress that she has fought for. Not only do you have nothing real to say, but what you said is obviously silly and wrong.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Dafuq is wrong with you?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

lol

bless you.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Maybe they want the benefits of getting fit, maybe they like burning calories so they can eat more or assist their weight loss, maybe its part of their sport?

Why do people spend 2hrs lifting heavy things, whilst others sit on their backsides
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I watch my favorite TV shows at the gym. So I'm that person. It keeps me off the sofa and I'm not bored.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Last December I was unable to run due to Cuboid syndrome. I wanted to maintain my cardio cspacity and endurance as close to the half marathon distance I completed training for prior to that. I did not feel discomfort on the elliptical or arc trainers, but had pain on the treadmill naturally. I used my HRM to track calorie expenditure and on "long run days" that equated to around 3 hours of elliptical to match a 10 mile run. I would do an hour elliptical, rehydrate, hour of arc trainer, refuel, and another hour of elliptical.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Dafuq is wrong with you?

The other list might be shorter
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »

Last December I was unable to run due to Cuboid syndrome. I wanted to maintain my cardio cspacity and endurance as close to the half marathon distance I completed training for prior to that. I did not feel discomfort on the elliptical or arc trainers, but had pain on the treadmill naturally. I used my HRM to track calorie expenditure and on "long run days" that equated to around 3 hours of elliptical to match a 10 mile run. I would do an hour elliptical, rehydrate, hour of arc trainer, refuel, and another hour of elliptical.

fair enough - I can understand that. Thanks!