Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    freezing! all the time
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    It is funny how I thought I was the only one to have these odd side effects of weight loss. I think it is funny how sitting too long hurts my tailbone because my butt has shrunk a lot. I guess it is good because it reminds me to keep moving. Haha....
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    How different my body looks and feels on my bike. I can now comfortably get down into the drops because my belly isn't in the way. Also, the inside of my thighs no longer hit the top bar as I cycle. Last night I couldn't stop staring at my hips while cycling (indoors!) and the way my body curves smoothly from thigh to hip to torso without a huge donut of fat hiding it. I had no idea it was meant to look like that!!! Still have a smaller belly bulge in the middle, but my hips are noticeably slimmer
  • cyberted
    cyberted Posts: 8 Member
    35 down - 35 to go
    1. No more acid reflux
    2. Less tolerant of alcohol
    3. Most fun - wearing hand me ups from my son
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    valente347 wrote: »
    I never thought that I would have to keep readjusting my weight loss goals. Now that I've lost about 70 lbs I'm starting to understand my true body shape. I can see that I'm a little short-waisted and have narrow shoulders. This is the smallest I can ever remember being (by a long shot), but I'm going to have to lose more weight than I initially thought because I didn't realize just how small my frame is.

This! I initially just wanted to hit my healthy weight range. I'm about 4kg away from that goal now, but can see that I will need to lose a bit more to get rid of the thigh and belly bulges that I hate! I used to look at people and think 'if I was as slim as them I would be happy'. Now I'm probably slimmer than those people, but my expectations have changed and I can see the potential in my own body to look amazing if I keep working at it.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    jennbo83 wrote: »
    I have way more energy. I have noticed my increased energy for a little while now but this weekend I went on a couple hikes with my boyfriend. I would pause to take a picture of something or drink some water and instead of asking him to stop for a minute so I could catch up I would just jog down the path to catch up and not be out of breath! It was awesome!

Same for me. I often walk long-ish distances with coworkers (airports, around cities, at conferences, etc) and several have commented that I've a very fast walker now and have to ask me to slow down. And this is with a 30-40lb backpack on my back!

Sam
  • KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    Maybe tmi LOL but for the guys... I've lost 85 so far and the weiner is more revealed hahahhahahaha
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Plus-size models for plus clothing stores used to look quite slim to me, like, not actually "plus-sized." And the models for Misses sizes looked unnaturally slim.
    Either the models being used have changed a lot during my near-90 lb weight loss, or my perceptions are what has changed, because Plus-size models now look like quite large ladies to me, and the models for regular sizes look more normal.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    That I really am a good cook! I used to cook a lot of convenience food out of a box, frozen, etc. Fast but not very good. Now I'm a recipe hound and like to use fresh herbs etc. My family says "who knew Mom could cook!"

This is GREAT! Definitely something to be proud of!!

55835802.png
  • svetlay
    svetlay Posts: 11 Member
    I love this thread! I have so many. The biggest surprise was that I'm genuinely a morning person now. 5am my body is wide awake and ready to go - that used to be unthinkable. I really enjoy cooking and dislike most restaurant food. In over 3 months the idea of getting one of the kitkat or twix bars from the office kitchen hasn't even occurred to me. I have had no desire to watch TV or Netflix show.

I don't know if this is possible but I think my head got smaller: pre-weight loss I bought this pair of Armani glasses that I really love and now they just fall out of my head all the time! My running speed increases every time. It takes at least 30 minutes until my legs get tired of doing stairs. I think I'm in a relationship with my fitbit. I'm hungry ALL the time. I can walk in heels for miles. I'm spending more money than ever - everything from food, clothes, sporting gear, training...and I love it. I have only one pair of jeans that fits well and have to replace it every month. I LOVE dressing up. I spend a shameful amount of time feeling how big my leg muscles are getting. My shorts are getting shorter. Oh, and I can see how girls are now intimidated to talk to me.

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    KevannC wrote: »
    Maybe tmi LOL but for the guys... I've lost 85 so far and the weiner is more revealed hahahhahahaha
    *giggles* :) Maybe its just because you said weiner but it made me laugh LOL

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    I have lost 60 pounds. I still have a long way to go but I haven't noticed any of these... or any changes really. :( This thread is very inspirational though and I look forward to the coming (hopefully) changes! Congratulations to all of you!!!
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Another one I have to add because this just happened. I can wrap my arms around my husband and our stomachs are flat against each other. It's such a weird feeling to be able to hug him properly and fit nicely right up against him. He's lost 25 pounds and I've lost almost 50 so that is a lot of tummy gone that used to be there. I NEVER want to go back to our old selves.

I know what you mean. My hubby and I have lost a combined 54#. When we're just relaxing in the bath he always says his legs aren't pinned to the edge:)

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    I have lost 60 pounds. I still have a long way to go but I haven't noticed any of these... or any changes really. :( This thread is very inspirational though and I look forward to the coming (hopefully) changes! Congratulations to all of you!!!

I am the same way. I just started a week ago reading this thread is really helping me to stay focused I - really- hope I can experience all of these things by next year
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2015
    svetlay wrote: »
    ......I think I'm in a relationship with my fitbit. I'm hungry ALL the time. I can walk in heels for miles. I'm spending more money than ever - everything from food, clothes, sporting gear, training...and I love it. I have only one pair of jeans that fits well and have to replace it every month. I LOVE dressing up. I spend a shameful amount of time feeling how big my leg muscles are getting. My shorts are getting shorter. Oh, and I can see how girls are now intimidated to talk to me.

OMG this could be me! Not exactly intimidated anyone but had a co-worker tiger growl me - with full paw action lol! I was so flattered!!!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    svetlay wrote: »

I don't know if this is possible but I think my head got smaller: pre-weight loss I bought this pair of Armani glasses that I really love and now they just fall out of my head all the time!

I think my head has shrunk as well. I never used to be able to wear hats because they would squeeze so tightly. My husband's patrol cap (he's in the military) was only slightly loose on me, and he has a BIG head. Now everything feels so floppy. And my glasses are slipping down all the time.
  • kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    KevannC wrote: »

Same here! Thought it was my male wishful thinking that it was getting bigger!!
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    This is weird because I have only lost 5 - 6 pounds from my highest weight and I am losing it slowly at 1lb average a week but my nails are super white, growing fast and stronger. It makes you think about what crazy energy and resources our bodies were using just to digest the extra food. Also no indigestion like people mentioned and the snoring has lessened considerably. Can't wait to experience more of these things you all are talking about. Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!