Eggs?!?!? Does it really matter?

Options
does it really make a difference if I eat the whole egg or just the white? Have read a few things online but just seems like here say. Has anyone noticed a deifference in the two with results ?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    no it doesn't matter.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hearsay.

Egg yolks have cholesterol. And fat. And all the vitamins. Embrace the egg.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The yolk has all the good stuff in it. The difference is that the whites will be lower calories, but will also lack the vast majority of the vitamins and nutrients.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you want the nutrition of the egg, eat the whole egg. If you just care about protein and nothing else, eat the white. But you can get an equivalent amount of protein very easily elsewhere.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Eat the tasty, delicious whole eggs :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    May I suggest shaking the egg violently and then hard boiling it. No more white/yoke issue. The whole egg should be a nice golden yellow.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    There's no need to worry - you can eat the whole thing. Might as well get your money's worth, not to mention the nutrients. Plus... it's Saturated and Trans fats in other salty/fatty foods that are going to be affecting your blood cholesterol levels more than the cholesterol in eggs. You'd have to eat a LOT of egg yolks to see any negative consequences, unless you have any preexisting conditions that might predispose you to heart disease.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    May I suggest shaking the egg violently and then hard boiling it. No more white/yoke issue. The whole egg should be a nice golden yellow.

mind-blown.gif
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The yolk has all the good stuff in it. The difference is that the whites will be lower calories, but will also lack the vast majority of the vitamins and nutrients.

They also lack the flavor. The yolk is the tasty part!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Eat. The. Whole. Egg.

The yolk is the best part! Ha!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat whichever part you like

Me I like egg whites scrambled with cheese and mushroom and aspargus or sometimes ham

I save egg yolks for rare occasions when I want egg and soldiers because I have a slight intolerance for them
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

and now I must try this
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

and now I must try this

I'm trying this tonight! Fascinated!
  • sknicolaou
    sknicolaou Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Now I'm gonna have a go
  • Merkavar
    Options
    sknicolaou wrote: »

Now I'm gonna have a go

• LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Now I'm gonna have a go

picgifs-mind-blown-1995183.gif
  • Merkavar
    Options

Now I'm gonna have a go

picgifs-mind-blown-1995183.gif

makes me laugh
  • Incy_Wincy
    Incy_Wincy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Merkavar do they always come out sort of hard, or can you cook them 'runny' by shaking them like that?! Coz the only point of a boiled egg is for dipping soldiers in, right? So clever!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm fascinated. Anyone got any results yet?