• sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Did the dinosaurs comprehend the impending comet?"
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    "Did the dinosaurs comprehend the impending comet?"

Ha! This could have been one of mine...since my son has about 75 books about dinosaurs scattered all over the house.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not page 30 as that had images not words, so I picked a random page instead:

"would discover I could make
    intelligent choices.
    Instead, I sat in a chair all day
    and wasn't allowed to play"

From "Beneath the Surface, Creative Expressions of Augmented Communicators"
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    It began to seem more and more real to me.
  • Nharah
    Nharah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Immediately plans were laid for a series of reconnaissance missions to see said desks by the rest of the youngest siblings, Doric included.
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Which fricking book do I grab?! o-o ah. To my left, Social and Political Philosophy. lol.

Aw. Kind of expected to be a paragraph long sentence. lol!

"And what manner of government do you term oligarchy?"

The book to my right... Utilitarianism!

"But in order that the exception may not extend itself beyond the need, and may have the least possible effect in weakening reliance on veracity, it ought to be recognized and, if possible, its limits defined; and, if the principle of utility is good for anything, it must be good for weighing these conflicting utilities against one another and marking out the region within which one or the other preponderates."

.... Now that's more like it. Everybody, the tidings of philosopher John Stuart Mill!

....I think this may prove that theory of him possibly dying a virgin.... o-0 heheh. :P
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "As an example, when lifting weights in a squat, a person with long legs must lean farther forward than a person with short thighs."
    -The Strength Training Anatomy Workout

LOL, my new strength training book had better be closest!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    "She was just a kid of 17, maybe 18,” he told George Avakian, "I had never heard anything like the torture and torment she put into the music of her people."
  • walkingfeetxoxo
    Options
    "tell mum and dad I said hi and that I'm still looking for myself but may have found someone else in the process.tall,dark and handsome...

Yup that's the second sentence lol : )
  • RubyLarkspur77
    RubyLarkspur77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sixteen years of being addressed thus left Harry in no doubt whom his uncle was calling; nevertheless, he did not immediately respond.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    "When you exit the administration module, the column arrangementis stored as user preference"

BLAH BORING!!!!!!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "But then surely it's better to eat them, make them disappear, so there's no more bad food in the house."

If you haven't read this book yet, I'm absolutley loving it! It's chicklit but it's a page turner! Jemima J. by Jane Green
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    "But the truth is, the world's standards are completely distorted."
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Glad to see this one is still going. :smile:

Well, since I already did an entry from the nearest book to me at my desk, I've grabbed the 2nd nearest:

"The uptake of metals and nitrogen compounds by plants and the release of oxygen has a significant effect on the overall water quality of the aquarium."

One of my hobbies is freshwater aquariums with live plants. :laugh:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    "Small machining forces permit the manufacture of fragile graphite EDM electrodes" :sad: :huh:
    - Advanced Machining Processes, because: my life is out to get me.
  • ecreigh2
    ecreigh2 Posts: 14
    Options
    "Using the controller with the connector exposed may cause damage to the CV-5502."
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    He started work as a bartender at the Savoy Hotel, London, in 1925, and compiled "The Savoy Cocktail Book" (1930), in which he admonished bartenders, "Shake the shaker as hard as you can: don't just rock it: you are trying to wake it up, not send it to sleep!"
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Find the queen, and lock her into the cage.
  • changeyourlife
    Options