My Fast Food Cheat Sheet - Use It, Share It, Add To It

Options
These are some of the foods I'll grab when running low on time and I'm on the go.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXmsVuwFrB4zTu3R0p_7-J4kbPSaUoqQJi7hnUPC47c/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    That's great! When I go to mcdonalds, I usually get a filet o fish, plain for 270 calories. I have a fruit and yogurt parfait (150 cal) to with it. I usually drink unsweetened iced tea or water when out.
  • Kwan47
    Kwan47 Posts: 44
    Options
    @melimomTARDIS awesome! That's a couple I'll be adding to my list.
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Rather than cheat days just have a sustainable iifym approach to your daily foods (i prefer this) tryed it?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It's not a cheat day..it's a "cheat sheet " which is a term used when you create a quick thing to look at without having to do your homework per se. This is a quick way to see what fast foods you can order and stay on your plan.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @KaneNLN , Hi. Like @wizzybeth has said its just a quick resource guide. I absolutely agree with you. As much as possible don't use cheat days, you need to build a sustainable system for fitness. Thanks for checking out my post.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @wizzybeth, your awesome. Thanks.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'll review this for road trips especially, and maybe develop one based on what's on the route.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @Pearsquared that's a great idea!
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love Wendy's for when I want fast food but don't want to 'spend' the calories. I typically order an ultimate grill sandwich (ask them to substitute a Jr. size bun for the large bun), and either a baked potato w/ sour cream & chives, or a half barbecue chicken salad.

Wendys - Bbq Ranch Chicken Salad (Half Size) With 1 Dressing - 300 Kcal
    Wendy's - Baked Potato- Sour Cream &chives /no Butter 320 kCal
    Wendy's - Ultimate Chicken Grill (W/ Junior Bun) - 290 kCal
    Wendy's Small Chilli - 210 kCal

You can have a couple of items in your meal without having to break the 'calorie bank'.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    I don't eat chicken, but hubby gets the dollar menu mc chicken sandwich, plain, for 310 calories. The patty alone is only 150 calories, so you can order two, throw one bun away, and have a double stacked chicken sandwich for 2 bucks!

• madaboutblu
    madaboutblu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, you need to incorporate treats into your plans in travel for work and often go off plan and panic and then go crazy so definitely adopting this approach now
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If I'm getting fast food, I'm getting the spicy, crispy chicken with a side of poutine and an extra large drink and no Fraks shall be given. I will enjoy every last gram of the delicious meal. Once I'm finished from said meal of awesomeness, I will return to my regular routine as if nothing had happened because, frankly, nothing did happen. Nothing that will make any significance in my life as a whole.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I go with burger king tendercrisp plain 450 cals or 9 chicken fries with ranch 500 cals. Steak and shake dbl cheeseburger 440 cals. If I am going to fast food which is like a once/twice a month thing I am not getting a grilled sandwich which I can make at home.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I can't view the sheet from the PC I'm on but I'll throw out my goto fast food is Taco Bell. OK, so if you want a giant smothered beef burrito you're looking at a ton of calories. Their tacos though are pretty light for the most part. Taco supremes (including the Dorito ones) are 200 calories. Order a regular taco without sour cream and you're down to 170 calories each. Do a chicken fresco taco and you're all the way to 140 calories each!

I get the bean burrito "fresco style" there a lot. 300 calories.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite fast food is McDonald's chicken nuggets. I don't know why, I think it's a nostalgia thing, I just remember eating them a lot as a kid...but I never want anything else.

4 piece nugget (190) + small fry (230) = 420 calories

or 6 piece nugget (280) + small fry (230) = 510 calories if I want a bit more

When it comes to fast food I don't usually go for the "healthier" substitutes like their apples/oranges/etc because it's fast food, haha, if I'm satisfying a craving I'm going to satisfy right. Not to mention I'd rather just eat cheaper fruit at home.

I don't do drinks though so can't comment much on calories for that. I carry a water bottle around so don't order a drink, or if I do I get water...I would say unless you really like soda and want the calories for it just skip it.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    When I take my kids to McDonalds I usually get the grilled chicken classic sandwich. With or without the mayo, it's still decent in terms of calories. I think just over 300 without mayo and a bit over 350 with.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is awesome. I love that you're ordering "with style". I do try to stick with salads or wraps, grilled meats not breaded or fried, light on sauces or stay away from creamy sauces/dressings. Some of the items you mentioned aren't in Canada :-(
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If I'm at Chickfila I usually get either the Cobb salad with grilled chicken and avocado lime ranch (I know its a calorie bomb dressing, but its so good! I do only use half the pack) or 12 grilled nuggets with fruit. One of the kids usually gets fries and we split both the fruit and fries. And I always get dirt lemonade because its delicious and low calorie.

The value menu at Wendy's has some decent choices too. The Jr cheeseburger is 280 cal, the Jr cheeseburger deluxe is 340. The only difference between them is mayo, lettuce, and tomato. I usually just ask them to leave the mayo off the deluxe. The burgers are small, but its enough for me.

Moe's is sorta fast food. My burrito there (Jr homewrecker steak with pinto beans, grilled onions, lettuce, pico, guacamole, and cilantro) is around 403 cal. Or lose the steak for 318 cal. Of course then you have to add chips >:)
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bojangles has a Grilled Chicken Salad for 305 cals + Fat Free Italian Dressing for 20 cals = 325 cal meal - or - Roasted Chicken Bites for 280 Cals + Individual size green beans for 35 cals = 315 cal meal. Plus, the roasted bites meal is on special on Mondays for $5 :) I feed the biscuit that comes with it to my dogs ;)