Grab the nearest book, turn to page 30, read the 2nd sentenc

Options

Replies

• SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "he's mad."

2nd sentence from the 4th full paragraph of "The Fellowship of the Ring".
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    "I couldn't have fairies and vampires in the same house at the same time."
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    "I Call this poem "People Pride"
    Thanks for the Memories ~ Dianne L. Rogers
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    "Shoo! Thanks for the Haircut Immanuel.

Dead Reckoning. Charlaine Harris
  • Myslissa
    Options

I didnt count the first sentence. LOL
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options

lol well i figured it was an ending sentence to the paragraph on the page before, so since it ended on the other page it counted as a paragraph for that page..something like that lol.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I was thinking of NOT posting but thought, ehhhh, it's too funny not to.

"She was light and delicate in his arms, but she had twisted against him with a hunger that matched his own."

Yeah, so it's fitting for a weight loss forum....she was light, and they were both hungry ;)

I think I have read that before what book is it?
  • jamie78
    Options
    "You need to take care of that," I advised him. "Burns hurt like the devil."
    page 30 on my Kindle
    Dead Reckoning
  • jamie78
    Options
    Well I guess the book and kindles are different ! lol
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Most boys don't abuse competition, they just live it." - The Wonder of Boys
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    "We were one of two teams of detectives assigned to the morning surveillance, which we dubbed 'Operation Scumwatch'."

"Cross" by James Patterson
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    "Summary: The naming convention that you use doesn't matter, as long as it;s consistent so that it's easy to guess what the name of an element of attribute will be."

Good advice ... if you are an XSLT developer such as myself!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    2nd book

"If it hadn't been for worrying about hy Ronald still hadn't turned up in Singapore or wired them about his whereabouts, the Hampton women would hardly have known there was a war going on at all."
    Guests of the Emperor
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    He smiled, careful to keep his mouth closed. There was no sense showing off his fangs. "So say that."
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    'The teaching offers training in research methodologies, provides a combination of applied research and vocational training, and stimulates vigorous intellectual inquiry.'

Can you tell that I'm at work lol
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    "I paced the floor. My room was nothing posh , just an attic space with a window and a bed and a desk."

Although I prefer the next line:

"Muffin sniffed my legs and her tail puffed up like a bottlebrush."
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is critical that you get agreement on and commitment to the Destination Statement. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Recent memory ( the ability to remember information that was learned within the previous few minutes) is the first aspect that is affected.
  • Myslissa
    Options

lol well i figured it was an ending sentence to the paragraph on the page before, so since it ended on the other page it counted as a paragraph for that page..something like that lol.

Too funny... The books are great, arent they? I like the show but I look at it as something entirely different but use their faces to visualize the characters in the book.
  • forgiven4life
    forgiven4life Posts: 451
    Options
    Only two paragraphs on pg 30, but the 2nd sentence is a long one...

The list is long, the biochemistry complicated: immune dysregulation and autoimmune problems; compromised digestive function; gut inflammation; unusually high burdens of toxic metals such as copper or iron; deficits for other essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, or selenium; wasting of sulfur, a necesary element for several structural and messenger proteins in the body; florid overgrowth of disruptive bowel bacteria and yeast; viral load that is too high, such as an exceptionally high titer for measles or cytomegalovirus; diminished methylation capacity, something that can impact mood, attention, and detoxification; suppressed ability to excrete toxins or tolerate medications.

Told you it was a long sentence. LOL