Women Should Train Differently Then Men

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    There is a "chivalry is dead" post a few pages back that could be used to extend things quite easily
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I personally love working my upper body and have a love/hate relationship with leg day. Right now I'm doing...

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

I'm not claiming that either is better than the other or better than any other split, but I think women should train however they want to. I really want nice strong arms, shoulders, and back, and my upper body strength needs some work anyway. I want nice legs and a bigger butt too, but I don't think I need four leg days a week in order to accomplish that.

I say as long as you're doing plenty of compound lifts and you're lifting heavy and consistently, you're going to get results. What will get you the best results really depends on the individual in question. It's not a men vs. women thing at all.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Okay time to go hit chest now (I don't bench on National Bench day Mondays).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Why do you have to discriminate against Mondays? They are just as special, and strong as any other day. Jeez!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I personally love working my upper body and have a love/hate relationship with leg day. Right now I'm doing...

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

I'm not claiming that either is better than the other or better than any other split, but I think women should train however they want to. I really want nice strong arms, shoulders, and back, and my upper body strength needs some work anyway. I want nice legs and a bigger butt too, but I don't think I need four leg days a week in order to accomplish that.

I say as long as you're doing plenty of compound lifts and you're lifting heavy and consistently, you're going to get results. What will get you the best results really depends on the individual in question. It's not a men vs. women thing at all.

mike chang disagrees...

and have you factored your genetics into this routine?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Why do you have to discriminate against Mondays? They are just as special, and strong as any other day. Jeez!

Mondays are genetically (and physically) inferior to other days of the week for certain body parts. It's science.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Mondays are genetically (and physically) inferior to other days of the week for certain body parts. It's science.
    It's this mentality that has kept elections away from Mondays and giving them all to Tuesdays!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It's this mentality that has kept elections away from Mondays and giving them all to Tuesdays!

it's because Monday's on welfare- which means drug tests and no steaks.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

weds are far superior, as it is time for pulled pork.

Is that why they call them hump days?

LMAO
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Have we gone full circle and arrived back at "relax" again? LOL
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Sorry, couldn't resist,
    tomatoey wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    This thread is a huge trainwreck. Why do 70% of threads here become "battle of the sexes"?

Each individual should train in a way that promotes their personal goals and is compatible with their individual capabilities. Nothing more, nothing less.

because some people on here choose to take things way too seriously, and have no clue how to differentiate sarcasm and joking, from seriousness.

and it appears that some people expect that someone will never misspeak and when they do they should be tarred and feathered, and then quartered...

I've actually been very graciously ignoring your attempts to bait me with your hilarious jokes, if you notice.

(See *that * is sarcasm there, instanced in the use of the words "hilarious" and "jokes")

so you are ignoring me by responding to me? Interesting...

I did not refer to you by name, unless of course you think that "some people" refers to you ...or am I really in your head that much?

I said I ignored your hilarious jokey baiting posts.

You know that I know what you were doing. We've been bound together for all time by that other thread. Certainly for as long as we count here. It's kind of sweet if you think about it

91bplkz5jnif.jpg

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't know nothing about Mondays or Tuesdays, but I do know this. The first 5 days after the weekend area always the hardest.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    JarethG wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

weds are far superior, as it is time for pulled pork.

Is that why they call them hump days?

LMAO

IDK I only pull pork on the weekends....
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

mike chang disagrees...

Sure haven't. Not even sure how I'd do that. I lift because I enjoy it and I've built a lot of strength and seen a lot of favorable changes in my body since I started. If I were hoping to compete or be a professional bodybuilder, I'd have a reason to complicate things more than that. As it is, I just want to feel strong and look hot - period. I don't need a six pack in order to accomplish that. And I don't really care what Mike Chang has to say about it.
  • ndj1979
    Options

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

mike chang disagrees...

Sure haven't. Not even sure how I'd do that. I lift because I enjoy it and I've built a lot of strength and seen a lot of favorable changes in my body since I started. If I were hoping to compete or be a professional bodybuilder, I'd have a reason to complicate things more than that. As it is, I just want to feel strong and look hot - period. I don't need a six pack in order to accomplish that. And I don't really care what Mike Chang has to say about it.

easy there...I was just messing around...

but I guess it is possible that you did not read all 16 pages of this thread :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    *logs dancing as exercise* I'm guessing that's femme enough for the Youtube Guy. Bah, why do people like him try to make things complicated? He must be selling something.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Late to the game here so I am sure that this has already been covered. The concept is flawed. While there are some differences re training between men and women, they are not the ones noted and are minor imo. Goals and other individual factors should influence training, not gender.

For the vast majority, the suggested split noted in the OP is pretty bad.

Sixpackshortcuts youtube offerings are pretty terrible.

• ndj1979
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Late to the game here so I am sure that this has already been covered. The concept is flawed. While there are some differences re training between men and women, they are not the ones noted and are minor imo. Goals and other individual factors should influence training, not gender.

I think you may have made it to the after, after, party .. :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

What about Frankie Goes To Hollywood, though? I say they hold up. Even visually, I saw a guy looking like Holly Johnson on the street just last week.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I miss all the fun :'(

I was very interested in how women should train....especially ones with a propensity to store body fat in their lower half. Apparently I am doing it wrong but not trying to 'spot reduce' BF on my lower half by doing mainly lower body workouts!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I miss all the fun :'(

I was very interested in how women should train....especially ones with a propensity to store body fat in their lower half. Apparently I am doing it wrong but not trying to 'spot reduce' BF on my lower half by doing mainly lower body workouts!

DYEL?