Green Tea

Options
Is it true that Green tea helps boost your metabolism and it good to drink while trying to lose weight???

Replies

• pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yes, but don't add sugar.
  • Ashleydionna
    Options
    Add honey or another natural sweetener. But yes.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It does....but youd have to drink ALOT of it...otherwise...its just tea.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you trust science ... no. If you trust marketing and TV ... learn about science.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    If you trust science ... no. If you trust marketing and TV ... learn about science.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Yes!
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There's truth to a lot of these types of things.

Like the fact that apple seeds are poisonous...in extremely large quantities.

In the same way, green tea probably does help increase your metabolism, but you probably need to either drink loads, or consistently drink it over a few months to see any real change. Any changes you see are probably going to be minuscule.

Having said this...I still love having my green tea because I like to think I'm helping my metabolism out. Best case scenario, it works. Worst case scenario...I get to drink loads of delicious tea.
    I win either way.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Green Tea helps to reduce weight depend upon the daily amounts of it doses. Green tea products that are known for weight reduction, improving your body’s metabolism and fat loss degree. Research show that taking green tea increases the distinctive metabolism by 4%, which makes up about its weight reduction capacities.
  • clairebeaven
    clairebeaven Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    erikgoya wrote: »
    There's truth to a lot of these types of things.

Like the fact that apple seeds are poisonous...in extremely large quantities.

In the same way, green tea probably does help increase your metabolism, but you probably need to either drink loads, or consistently drink it over a few months to see any real change. Any changes you see are probably going to be minuscule.

Having said this...I still love having my green tea because I like to think I'm helping my metabolism out. Best case scenario, it works. Worst case scenario...I get to drink loads of delicious tea.
    I win either way.

This- love my green tea

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    It has a good amount of caffine in it which I think accounts for the metablolism boost.
  • kaiyote88
    kaiyote88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Green Tea helps to reduce weight depend upon the daily amounts of it doses. Green tea products that are known for weight reduction, improving your body’s metabolism and fat loss degree. Research show that taking green tea increases the distinctive metabolism by 4%, which makes up about its weight reduction capacities.
    4% ? Really? That's more of a metabolism boost than pounds of lean muscle .... again, hype over reality.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Caffeine and added laxatives like senna can have an effect, but do you really want to rely on drugs to lose weight (even if they are naturally occurring)?

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Add honey or another natural sweetener. But yes.

No difference in any sweetener (except the low calorie artificial ones). Agave syrup is natural, but it's sugar profile is even higher in fructose than HFCS. Honey is glucose and fructose (only slightly different that HFCS). Maple syrup is sucrose (the same as table sugar). Brown sugar is white sugar with a little molasses added back in (cheaper to process than leaving molasses in it).

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    This absolutely.
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It does work, there is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I drank green tea when I weighed 325 pounds, I drink the same amount at 245 pounds.