Women Should Train Differently Then Men

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I personally love working my upper body and have a love/hate relationship with leg day. Right now I'm doing...

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

I'm not claiming that either is better than the other or better than any other split, but I think women should train however they want to. I really want nice strong arms, shoulders, and back, and my upper body strength needs some work anyway. I want nice legs and a bigger butt too, but I don't think I need four leg days a week in order to accomplish that.

I say as long as you're doing plenty of compound lifts and you're lifting heavy and consistently, you're going to get results. What will get you the best results really depends on the individual in question. It's not a men vs. women thing at all.

mike chang disagrees...

and have you factored your genetics into this routine?

Sure haven't. Not even sure how I'd do that. I lift because I enjoy it and I've built a lot of strength and seen a lot of favorable changes in my body since I started. If I were hoping to compete or be a professional bodybuilder, I'd have a reason to complicate things more than that. As it is, I just want to feel strong and look hot - period. I don't need a six pack in order to accomplish that. And I don't really care what Mike Chang has to say about it.

easy there...I was just messing around...

but I guess it is possible that you did not read all 16 pages of this thread :)

Oh, my bad! No, I haven't read all 16 pages. I guess that went over my head.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    JarethG wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Okay time to go hit chest now (I don't bench on National Bench day Mondays).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Why do you have to discriminate against Mondays? They are just as special, and strong as any other day. Jeez!

Mondays are genetically (and physically) inferior to other days of the week for certain body parts. It's science.
    It's this mentality that has kept elections away from Mondays and giving them all to Tuesdays!

it's because Monday's on welfare- which means drug tests and no steaks.

weds are far superior, as it is time for pulled pork.

Is that why they call them hump days?

LMAO

I’m not saying Wednesdays are superior, but they are. You have to do legs on Monday to get the testosterone for hump day, now that is science.

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Late to the game here so I am sure that this has already been covered. The concept is flawed. While there are some differences re training between men and women, they are not the ones noted and are minor imo. Goals and other individual factors should influence training, not gender.

For the vast majority, the suggested split noted in the OP is pretty bad.

Sixpackshortcuts youtube offerings are pretty terrible.

I think you may have made it to the after, after, party .. :)

I miss all the fun :'(

I was very interested in how women should train....especially ones with a propensity to store body fat in their lower half. Apparently I am doing it wrong but not trying to 'spot reduce' BF on my lower half by doing mainly lower body workouts!

DYEL?

Only shake weights!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Late to the game here so I am sure that this has already been covered. The concept is flawed. While there are some differences re training between men and women, they are not the ones noted and are minor imo. Goals and other individual factors should influence training, not gender.

I was very interested in how women should train....especially ones with a propensity to store body fat in their lower half. Apparently I am doing it wrong but not trying to 'spot reduce' BF on my lower half by doing mainly lower body workouts!

DYEL?

Only shake weights!

VOIDH
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

DYEL?

Only shake weights!

But are they pink?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

DYEL?

Only shake weights!

But are they pink?

Of course...I would not be seen with anything else!!

Actually...confession...purple...to match my inzer belt!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I believe that due to genetics woman are supposed to train their lower body at a 3:1 ratio ….becuase mike chang and genetics...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I personally love working my upper body and have a love/hate relationship with leg day. Right now I'm doing...

M - Chest/Tri
    T - Legs
    W - Cardio
    Th - Shoulders/Glutes
    F - Back/Bi

I'm not claiming that either is better than the other or better than any other split, but I think women should train however they want to. I really want nice strong arms, shoulders, and back, and my upper body strength needs some work anyway. I want nice legs and a bigger butt too, but I don't think I need four leg days a week in order to accomplish that.

I say as long as you're doing plenty of compound lifts and you're lifting heavy and consistently, you're going to get results. What will get you the best results really depends on the individual in question. It's not a men vs. women thing at all.

mike chang disagrees...

and have you factored your genetics into this routine?

Sure haven't. Not even sure how I'd do that. I lift because I enjoy it and I've built a lot of strength and seen a lot of favorable changes in my body since I started. If I were hoping to compete or be a professional bodybuilder, I'd have a reason to complicate things more than that. As it is, I just want to feel strong and look hot - period. I don't need a six pack in order to accomplish that. And I don't really care what Mike Chang has to say about it.

easy there...I was just messing around...

but I guess it is possible that you did not read all 16 pages of this thread :)

Oh, my bad! No, I haven't read all 16 pages. I guess that went over my head.

LOL

it is OK ….

I think the genetics thing came into place on like page four ….
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just a tip... Sixpackshortcuts (Mike Chan?) is full of BS.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I do the same exercises as men but with lower weight.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I do the same exercises as men but with lower weight.

Does that count as differently? I think we need a daily thread to establish that, much like the burning question of what counts as water.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    makes since most of a womans muscle mass is in the lower body.
  • lulucitron
    Options
    Wow, quite the thread here. I posted before reading everything. I've never really thought about it. I just hit the gym, do my workout and leave. The only imbalance I ever see between men and women is in yoga.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    JarethG wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Okay time to go hit chest now (I don't bench on National Bench day Mondays).

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Why do you have to discriminate against Mondays? They are just as special, and strong as any other day. Jeez!

Mondays are genetically (and physically) inferior to other days of the week for certain body parts. It's science.
    It's this mentality that has kept elections away from Mondays and giving them all to Tuesdays!

it's because Monday's on welfare- which means drug tests and no steaks.

weds are far superior, as it is time for pulled pork.

Is that why they call them hump days?

LMAO

I’m not saying Wednesdays are superior, but they are. You have to do legs on Monday to get the testosterone for hump day, now that is science.
    Which is why I do legs on Monday. And because the squat rack is free from all the benching going on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Wow, quite the thread here. I posted before reading everything. I've never really thought about it. I just hit the gym, do my workout and leave. The only imbalance I ever see between men and women is in yoga.

I do not think it is the time to be calling the men inferior due to their yoga skills.....or did I just say that since I assumed the imbalance was favoring the women.......damn sexism.

***joke

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Men are yoga-ly inferior. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    donald+yanked+off+stage.png
  • lulucitron
    Options
    Many just lack the flexibility in their hips and hamstrings. You see it when you're doing forward fold and your hands can touch the ground and my face can touch my shins or poses that require very open hips like firefly (Tittibhasana) but in areas where more strength is required, they excel in that part...like arm balances and inversions that don't involve hips and flexibility (forearm headstands and handstands, etc.). Many think it's just stretching but it's a very hard workout that uses your whole body and really shows what areas you need to focus. My back isn't very open so wheel is hard for me.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Just bench, ohp, squat, deadlift...that should hit all of the muscles.
  • lulucitron
    Options
    I'm working on the secondary series in Ashtanga. I think it will take years to get them all.
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    So the video people don't think that men wish to eliminate fat from all over their bodies? Or do they suggest that fat elimination functions differently from women to men?

Pick a goal.
    Pick a program that leads you to that goal.
    Train hard.
    Achieve goal.

That's how that works- not gender specific training.

THIS