Slow metabolisim

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP lift weights and HIIT to slowly increase your metabolic rate for a little while.
  • MERRYMONKEY512
    MERRYMONKEY512 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the slimfast stuff...for 200 calories and a heck of a lot less sugar you could eat some real food and actually feel like hey, you ate. Drinking those always made me feel sad.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Boolost1 wrote: »
    Hey thanks, yeh it just feels slower, any ideas on how I can build upper body strength as I have absolute zero.

Really? Anyway, I went to the doctors about this, had blood tests done, turns out mine is slower (but not by much). BUT you cannot change your metabolism. No amount of Green Tea/ Gogi berry/ cows blood/ essence of hummingbird or any other type of rubbish they want to sell you will work. All you can do is increase your muscle mass therefore increasing the amount of work your body has to do to move. Fat just sits there, muscles need energy to repair and keep healthy = more calories needed/burned depending on what you want

Excuse me, as a certified* Essence of Hummingbird(tm) Dealer, I can certify* that this is all you need to quadruple your BMR.

It's possible I mean BMI, though. The diet is just your body weight in sugar water each day...

wow this is a blatant "let me sell you some crap" post if I have ever seen one.

It is against the TOS to do this in the forums.

OP to build upper body strength start with body weight exercise such as wall pushups, move to on the knee push ups and graduate to full on push ups...same with dips do some curls with ever increasing dumb bells, lat push downs, tricep push downs and tricep extentions along with reverse chin ups where you get on the chin up bar using a stool and hold yourself up as long as you can

ETA and yes stop with the slimfast just eat real food and if you want to lose eat at a deficit.

As for the weight you gained over the last year and feeling lethargic the weight gain is probably due to less movement due to injuries...the lethargy is due to lack of food for energy. Don't teach your kids that the way out is to starve...it's not.
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Hey thanks, yeh it just feels slower, any ideas on how I can build upper body strength as I have absolute zero.

Really? Anyway, I went to the doctors about this, had blood tests done, turns out mine is slower (but not by much). BUT you cannot change your metabolism. No amount of Green Tea/ Gogi berry/ cows blood/ essence of hummingbird or any other type of rubbish they want to sell you will work. All you can do is increase your muscle mass therefore increasing the amount of work your body has to do to move. Fat just sits there, muscles need energy to repair and keep healthy = more calories needed/burned depending on what you want

Excuse me, as a certified* Essence of Hummingbird(tm) Dealer, I can certify* that this is all you need to quadruple your BMR.

It's possible I mean BMI, though. The diet is just your body weight in sugar water each day...

I interpreted the Hummingbird Essence post as sarcasm to be fair.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Ravachu wrote: »

I hope so...we need a sarcasm font...perhaps we should delegate italics for it...as I apparently not good a seeing it in text that is just black and white.

• Boolost1
    Boolost1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    erm excuse me at what point did i bring my children into anything, i dont teach them anything thank you very much..

thanks for the advice all, anyone have any ideas as to what to replace the shake with ? and yes i thought there was so much sugar in them.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Ravachu wrote: »

I hope so...we need a sarcasm font...perhaps we should delegate italics for it...as I apparently not good a seeing it in text that is just black and white.
    It seems unlikely the poster was really trying to sell a "your bodyweight in sugar" diet, italics or not.

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    erm excuse me at what point did i bring my children into anything, i dont teach them anything thank you very much..

thanks for the advice all, anyone have any ideas as to what to replace the shake with ? and yes i thought there was so much sugar in them.

To the bolded: food. Whatever you enjoy eating.
    Breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc.
    Lunch: lean proteins (chicken, turkey, pork, fish), veggies, a salad, etc.
    You can literally eat whatever you want as long as you weigh it out and account for it in your food log.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

being a mom (as you mentioned)your kids watch you like a hawk and will mimic your behaviour and they see you drinking crap to lose weight and will think that is "normal and healthy" when in fact it's not.

replace the shake with scrambled eggs and toast or oatmeal or cornflakes or a fruit smoothie made with milk/yogurt and spinich, pancakes, pizza, french toast...need I go on

and yah I know you are gonna say how can I do that on 1200 calories a day....well start by upping that as it's the lowest you can go and unless you are a tiny tiny woman it's not enough.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eating and exercise will both have a positive effect on metabolism. You just need to perfom both consistently and wisely.
  • Boolost1
    Options
    hey thanks for the message and advice, my children are 12 and 14 i get up and go to work for 7.30 they dont see what i have and for dinner I have this at work and there usually at training and doing something before I am sat down doing my stuff, my children eat very healthy thanks, for the food advice though.

thanks to all that have sent advice, think will be ditching the slimfast when i get home.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    OP, you do not have a slower metabolism, especially if the doctors told you so. you just feel that it's slower because you probably don't eat too healthy, and you have low energy levels because you don't exercise. it's one of those perpetuating cycles. you don't eat well, so you don't have any energy to exercise, so you have low energy levels, so you don't eat well, so you don't have energy to exercise...

but from your responses, you're not looking for anything other than a quick fix. you're looking for the easy solutions, which is buying and eating "superfoods" which don't really exist. yes, food like salmon, kale, and avocado can give you the best bang for your buck, but without the hard work of continuously eating right and exercising regularly, you won't see any changes.
  • Boolost1
    Options
    hey capt appollo, yes your right i guess, just miss training and want to get back to that level of fitness asap and it dont work like that. Thanks for the advice
  • Boolost1
    Options
    thanks shamcd
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    hey capt appollo, yes your right i guess, just miss training and want to get back to that level of fitness asap and it dont work like that. Thanks for the advice

i understand, having injured myself several times. it's hard to almost start back from zero, but you just need to suck it up and know that it'll come all back.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

i understand, having injured myself several times. it's hard to almost start back from zero, but you just need to suck it up and know that it'll come all back.

Agreed but the nice thing is that you will find it comes back quicker than if you never were active etc.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness gracious. Didn't think it was even POSSIBLE that that joke would be taken seriously.

Sigh. The Internet is hard.
    I'm really very funny in real life.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness gracious. Didn't think it was even POSSIBLE that that joke would be taken seriously.

Don't worry I read the first sentence and knew it was sarcasm :)

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Don't worry I read the first sentence and knew it was sarcasm :)

Oh thank god.

Hey, got my first flag after 2 years using the site so, you know, progress!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Also gia yes I am a 37year old mum of two children, whats the problem? as i stated yesterday never had problems with squats through training but after being out for a year seem to be bloating. so if you haven't got any advice then keep your comments to yourself ***** fuming*****

Hangry.
    You should listen to her. She could have answers, so try not to burn bridges.