Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LSNC81 wrote: »

Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Again: LAXATIVES

And? So what if there is.. eating too much liquorice or gum is a laxative

lol. Rationalizations are grand aren't they?

Seriously. Stop and think logically. LAXATIVES for weight loss??? You REALLY think this is smart? You really think consciously taking a laxative to make yourself crap some scale numbers off is a good thing? (If you google eating disorders you'll see laxatives mentioned there....)
    Next you'll find yourself, oh, say, throwing up. That makes the number on the scale go down too.

TERRIBLE IDEA.

Well it's a good job I'm not using it for weight loss then isn't it

So you're using laxatives (and advocating that others use them to flatten their bellies) because...
    You like explosive diarrhea?
    Apparently you think it's hilarious, per your other post.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.

Love the copy paste

Love the repetitive threads.

It's relevant to both of them, so it was used twice. Would you rather I make up a new story for each thread, or would it be better for me to continue to tell the actual story each time?
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you take probiotics? They help with digestion.

I have never tried it ! Do you think that would help
  • pittsburgh412
    Options
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Haha so did it work for you ?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Do you take probiotics? They help with digestion.

I have never tried it ! Do you think that would help

It might. It's a good possibility.
  • pittsburgh412
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I don't even know what to say hahaha

• LSNC81
    LSNC81 Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    Options

Haha so did it work for you ?

I'm just waiting for it to be delivered..but I'll let you know :)
  • plutomovedon
    plutomovedon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Detox teas are a scam. Is what you are seeing just a volume of food in your stomach, making your belly stick out? Do you have any underlying digestive issues that would cause increased bloating? Food allergies? These are thing I would look at before I wasted money on diuretics and laxatives. Actually I wouldn't buy those at all.

I have been reading about gluten sensitivity and I do have a few of the symptoms. Not sure if it could be the cause or not. I'm not really sure but I just want it to go away ! Haha

Unless you're medically diagnosed with celiac disease "gluten sensitivity" is a scam
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Shake your wallet upside down over the trash, you'll get the same effect.
  • pittsburgh412
    Options
    Detox teas are a scam. Is what you are seeing just a volume of food in your stomach, making your belly stick out? Do you have any underlying digestive issues that would cause increased bloating? Food allergies? These are thing I would look at before I wasted money on diuretics and laxatives. Actually I wouldn't buy those at all.

I have been reading about gluten sensitivity and I do have a few of the symptoms. Not sure if it could be the cause or not. I'm not really sure but I just want it to go away ! Haha

Unless you're medically diagnosed with celiac disease "gluten sensitivity" is a scam

Can you trust anything on the internet haha
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

And those don't work for weight loss either.

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

The op isn't looking for weight loss, just a way to mitigate the bloat she is feeling after eating.

• chivalryder
    Options

The irony of this post is amazing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

The op isn't looking for weight loss, just a way to mitigate the bloat she is feeling after eating.

And alas, laxatives usually cause bloating.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

So what? Here's a few reasons not to use laxatives regularly.

* Your gut will become dependent on them, decreasing natural motility, resulting in constipation, in turn resulting in dependence on laxatives in order to open your bowels.

* You'll lose important gut flora, meaning food will not be digested properly and vital nutrients will not be absorbed.

* It can cause electrolyte imbalances. In severe cases this can effect nerve and muscle function, including heart muscle.

* Dehydration of excessive use of laxatives and/or diuretics puts pressure on the kidneys, which in severe cases can result in permanent kidney damage.

So yeah, there's that..

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Love the copy paste

It's relevant to both of them, so it was used twice. Would you rather I make up a new story for each thread, or would it be better for me to continue to tell the actual story each time?

Wasn't sarcasm. I was acknowledging that I saw it the last time is all.
  • chivalryder
    Options

Actually, no it is not. 99% of the people who believe they have it, without testing, are being scammed, yes. However, I have a gluten sensitivity which was discovered through my medical practitioner and a serious of blood tests.

I personally don't mind all these people who are wasting their money and buying all the gluten free foods because it's making it more available, making the products better, bringing in more variety, and lowering costs, which is great for me!

I do not, however, have Celiacs. My aunt, however, does.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options

But nobody said they was using it for weight loss?
    So, she's using it to make the food in her stomach disappear. Guess what happens the next time she eats.
  • pittsburgh412
    Options

I'm not trying to lose weight I'm trying to reduce bloating
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Op, you are a great sport about all of this...
  • chivalryder
    Options

Love the copy paste

Wasn't sarcasm. I was acknowledging that I saw it the last time is all.

Ah, ok. I apologize I didn't see your intent. I thought it was shots fired. :blush: