best cardo to rip legs

Options
2»

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    blondeinnj wrote: »
    So besides lower calories should i lower my fst intake?

Dietary fat does not increase body fat unless it puts you in a caloric surplus.

Calorie deficit to lose weight, resistance training to make sure a good portion of that weight is fat.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    So besides lower calories should i lower my fst intake?

Dietary fat does not increase body fat unless it puts you in a caloric surplus.

Calorie deficit to lose weight, resistance training to make sure a good portion of that weight is fat.

ahhh, it was a typo. I was wondering if I was missing a new acronym lol, there are so many of them. :blush:

Op yes, what she said!

• blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Ha!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Well definedi muscles

Squats, deadlifts and a caloric deficit (with or without cardio)
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just ask carrie underwood ;)<3
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Well definedi muscles

Lower your body fat% and you will see the definition in your muscles.

you can do strength training and add all the muscle you want but as long as they are covered in body fat you will not see definition.

Do you recommend staggered calorie intake for this? I want to lose 10 lbs that is basically a layer of fat, I'd like to get some of it off to reveal the muscles that I believe are under there. :) I'm at 1450 now but thinking about going down to 1250. Just wondering how many I should eat on the higher days and how many on the lower days and how many days of each. Going to add in some HIIT as well.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    well defined muscles will only appear when you reduce the layer of fat covering them... THE alternative is to build muscle and strength... lunges... and more lunges... NOT stairs stairs are to short to engage all the muscles you want...step box...at least 18 inches... start without weights... then fill your hands with dumbbells... start with ONE dumbbell in one hand... blah.. blah.. blah... ... hip thrusts with a barbell in your lap... squats... get your freak on in the rack... lots of squats... THEN walking lunges... straight line... then side to side... THEN... get a roller... and roll... roll... roll... on your thighs, on your calves, on your hams... OH... and don't forget back extensions... and ab work... and upper body... and arms... YOU are a package deal... work the package... and YOU will love every part of you girl... and have fun...
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Lost weight with cardio and deficit and my legs became smaller versions of what they were; that is, without much muscle definition.

Added strength training and my legs now have muscle definition. Plus, it's fun.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    JenMaselli wrote: »
    Well definedi muscles

you can do strength training and add all the muscle you want but as long as they are covered in body fat you will not see definition.

Do you recommend staggered calorie intake for this? I want to lose 10 lbs that is basically a layer of fat, I'd like to get some of it off to reveal the muscles that I believe are under there. :) I'm at 1450 now but thinking about going down to 1250. Just wondering how many I should eat on the higher days and how many on the lower days and how many days of each. Going to add in some HIIT as well.

I would suggest a goal of losing 0.5lbs/week, of if you do TDEE, TDEE - 10-15%. You can stagger cals or not, just watch your weekly goal, and make sure on low days you don't go to low to affect your training.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Hill repeats
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell lunges and squats have worked wonders for me. I normally do strength training 3 days a week and cardio twice.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    JenMaselli wrote: »
    Well definedi muscles

I would suggest a goal of losing 0.5lbs/week, of if you do TDEE, TDEE - 10-15%. You can stagger cals or not, just watch your weekly goal, and make sure on low days you don't go to low to affect your training.

I'm already doing this but I'm plateaued and I want to lose a few more pounds and I'd like to lower my BF percentage. The calorie intake that MFP has me at for .5 per week actually seems to be closer to maintenance calories for me. I'm going to drop down a couple hundred calories per day but wanting to cut some BF with my strength training.
  • newport3158
    newport3158 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Put the treadmill to the highest incline and walk at a decent speed for as long as you can, then bring the incline down and walk a little faster, then do an interval of jog/running. I like this too: http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/2012/06/she-sweats-sunday-shred-elliptical-hiit.html?m=0
    On the elliptical for speed I just tried to keep a 1 in front of the number in the speed column for the rotations per minutes I think.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Spin class (along with eating better and lifting about 3 times a week) has completely changed the look of my legs! They're getting way more toned than they ever were when I was just doing the elliptical as my cardio
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!