Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Ok. New one here. I can feel the back of my hip bone.
    Not the front mind you but I was rubbing an ache and I felt indentations and hard bits and yeah , it's my lower spine and hip.

Seriously body, THATS where you decide to loose?
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    1. I actually want to get up and do things around the house. As a result my house is a lot cleaner
    2. I don't mind walking the dog even if it is cold - I use to make excuses so didn't have to go with my husband when he took him
    3. I've noticed that when I'm relaxing the tub I don't feel like my thighs are 'floating' as much. They seem to actually sink down. It's been a really nice change.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds. I still have a long way to go but I haven't noticed any of these... or any changes really. :( This thread is very inspirational though and I look forward to the coming (hopefully) changes! Congratulations to all of you!!!

I would suggest after 60lbs lost you will have many changes. Problem is as weight loss is a slow process you just adapt and often dont notice.

I bet if you took some time to think about a normal day in the life for yourself from the beginning of your journey the difference would be remarkable.

60lbs is amazing, dont lose heart!

I bet there are so many things you take for granted now that were either impossible or extremely difficult a while back...
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have bones! Cheek bones, collar bones, ribs, hip bones, jaw bone, bony knees... wrist bones, ankle bones, bony elbows... eek =)
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've got bones too! Turns out I have weird bones though... one side of my rib cage is normal and the other is like a weird right angle :-/ My boyfriend keeps touching my ribs and shaking his head haha
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My knees stick out more in the front of my legs.

I can sit on my couch with my knees against my chest.

The smaller I get, the more it feels like I'm floating when i run be it on my morning runs or with the kids.

Collar bones!!!

There are a lot of moving parts in my hands!

I'm losing fat at diffrent rates all over my body.

These are just a few off of the top of my head. haha
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had to switch back to my smaller jeans, after having to go buy larger ones last fall. Now getting to where I'm needing to tighten my belt to the next notch. At this point, I've lost nearly 10 lbs since January, and have around 40 or so still to go.

I've also noticed I can distinguish some definition in my thigh muscles, which is weird. I've always (except at my heaviest) had decent definition in my calves, as a result of being overweight & walking a lot, but even at my lowest weight in the past (which was pretty close to my goal weight), I never had this kind of definition in my thighs. So, that's new. Be interesting to see how they look after another 20 lbs...and beyond.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Mandy0223 wrote: »

Hahaha yes!! What are all these bits moving around under my skin??
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can see my knee caps when I sit down,
    I can see my elbow joint
    A UK size 10 pair of jeans are getting baggy - I never even thought I could fit into them, nevermind possibly getting into a UK 8!
    I have a chin, not just a round podgy face
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Once I cut out bread and dairy (I've got vegan), I started losing weight a lot more quickly than anticipated. Sometimes I look at myself and wonder how it's possible for me to have lost so much weight - and whether it's all just a dream.
  • ReynaDay01
    ReynaDay01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My tailbone. I started loosing weight and doing some sit-ups and I noticed that my tailbone sticks out more. I guess I have to do them on the carpet now :p
  • nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Had to comment just so I could come back and read more of the 28 pages of awesomeness! :blush:
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One thing that caught me by surprise was realizing that I only have so much room in my (cubicle-dweller) work clothes, and that they're the same ones I wore when I was 30 lbs. heavier. I can't really remember what that was like, but I must have been in some serious denial squeezing into these pants. I had no idea I was wearing my "skinny clothes" the whole time.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mandy0223 wrote: »

Hahaha yes!! What are all these bits moving around under my skin??

I was marveling at this with the tops of my feet the other day :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I both love and hate shopping now.

I love it because clothes fit me better. I actually look cute!

I hate it because I can never bring myself to buy anything. I feel like it's not worth spending the money on something that will only fit for a few months at most. I've gone shopping a lot lately and usually only walk out with 1 or 2 items (or none) after spending an hour trying stuff on.

Hopefully when I'm closer to maintenance, I'll feel better about shopping. It's just hard because I'm running out of clothes now. I'm going to see if I can find some thrift shops in my area.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I both love and hate shopping now.

I love it because clothes fit me better. I actually look cute!

I hate it because I can never bring myself to buy anything. I feel like it's not worth spending the money on something that will only fit for a few months at most. I've gone shopping a lot lately and usually only walk out with 1 or 2 items (or none) after spending an hour trying stuff on.

Hopefully when I'm closer to maintenance, I'll feel better about shopping. It's just hard because I'm running out of clothes now. I'm going to see if I can find some thrift shops in my area.

It's really hard! But maybe there are some things that are safer to buy than others... I went shopping yesterday because my wardrobe is pretty much empty these days. I still won't buy trousers because my thighs and belly still have a more to lose and they wouldn't fit for long. But I will buy skirts that aren't too pricey as they are more forgiving and easier to alter. My top half (above my belly) has pretty much lost most of its weight and don't think I will drop another size, so I feel more ok buying tops, especially anything with a little bit of stretch. And I can buy shoes. I even splurged on a wool coat for winter yesterday :) I love it so bad... I almost want it to get cold so I can wear it :p
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    my bra size sounds more attractive now ...
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    My cheek bones look amazing and one that scared me was I can feel my heart beat in my stomach. I thought something was wrong but my doctor laughed and said it was normal in smaller people.

THIS ^^^
    I've been led in bed for about a week and could feel some pulsing, and thought something was seriously wrong. :lol:

1) My boots zip up and there's room around them, which is just amazing - 5 months ago, it was uncomfortable to wear them on a daily basis and now I rock them for most of the week (It's supposed to be Spring. It's not Spring in CT yet!)
    2) This is going to sound big headed, but I feel like I'm getting more attention from the opposite sex, and I swear I've even been looked up and down a few times. There's a few guys I've known from before I lost the weight, and they now act very differently around me.
    3) Sleep - I CAN SLEEP FOR EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT WAKING UP CONSTANTLY. And it's fantastic :love:
    4) I'm just so damn happy. I wake up and I feel like dancing, I dance in the shower, I dance when I'm walking placed. I'm smiley and I just feel so good!
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ishii19 wrote: »
    Ok here's a weird one - I sleep in default on my belly - when it was bigger I think it kept my spine in better alignment because now I get low back pain when I wake up! Maybe I need a pillow under me now or just to learn to sleep on my side/back!
    - Small price to pay tho :) I'm gonna think of some more. I'm loving this thread! Keep it up guys!

How have I not realized this? I've always loved lying on my stomach when doing school work, but recently I've ended up with my back hurting. 30 lbs makes a difference, I guess!

Also, I'm loving the confidence that comes with weight loss and getting fitter. I've started dancing, which I've never done before, and I don't worry about what I look like anymore, but whether I know the steps.

And I know it was mentioned somewhere else, but I finally feel comfortable saying that I'm hungry. Not extremely comfortable, but better.
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ishii19 wrote: »
    Ok here's a weird one - I sleep in default on my belly - when it was bigger I think it kept my spine in better alignment because now I get low back pain when I wake up! Maybe I need a pillow under me now or just to learn to sleep on my side/back!
    - Small price to pay tho :) I'm gonna think of some more. I'm loving this thread! Keep it up guys!

How have I not realized this? I've always loved lying on my stomach when doing school work, but recently I've ended up with my back hurting. 30 lbs makes a difference, I guess!

Also, I'm loving the confidence that comes with weight loss and getting fitter. I've started dancing, which I've never done before, and I don't worry about what I look like anymore, but whether I know the steps.

And I know it was mentioned somewhere else, but I finally feel comfortable saying that I'm hungry. Not extremely comfortable, but better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!