Cinnamon/ cayenne/ herbs and spices?

Options
2»

Replies

• peaceloveabby01
    peaceloveabby01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The medication isn't something I believe in anyway so I'm not really a fan of it right now and everyone I deal with doctor wise is ok with that for now so I've got that part under control but I am currently in such a bad state of mind because of the weight so that's what I'm working on
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are really struggling with your self image. It might help to work with a psychologist who has experience working with eating disorders (because body image is a big focus of eating disorder treatment). If you can find a therapist who specializes in cognitive therapy, I think that would be a good place to start. They can help both with body image and any other psychological issues you are experiencing. An experienced psychologist can also help you talk through your decision making regarding medication.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The medication isn't something I believe in anyway so I'm not really a fan of it right now and everyone I deal with doctor wise is ok with that for now so I've got that part under control but I am currently in such a bad state of mind because of the weight so that's what I'm working on

Are you seeing regulalry a psychologist? If not, this would be a great start. If yes, what does he/she say about your current feelings? Do you have a definite diagnosis yet? Have you found a support group? If not, this would be an awesome place to start, it can make a huge difference, meeting people who know exactly what you are going through and who have been there.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The sorts of issues that Latuda is usually prescribed for definitely need some sort of treatment. That's my first concern reading your post.

I think you need help beyond the scope of this board if you're not "believing" in medication that's needed for disorders that need to be taken seriously.

Your weight is NOT more important than your mental health. If you get your priorities straightened out, you can have a healthy focus on shedding the pounds and do it in a sensible way.
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    For some reason this has gotten way off track.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    They are great for seasonings, but there is no magic.
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    What about the honey and cinnamon tea mix?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Sounds tasty.

Will not do anything for your weight loss, except add extra calories you'll need to burn.
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    That's what I was thinking! All this crap on the internet says it's amazing for weight loss. But doesn't honey contain extra calories?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

It's a foul concoction! I did the half a cup AM and PM for a couple of months, saw no noticeable difference.
    I add a teaspoon of cinnamon to my smoothie every day now, just to get rid of the huge packet i bought lol
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    Haha it sounded pretty bizarre as honey is just pure sugar and calories so why would that help my weight go down??
    Im actually trying to get rid of artificial sweeteners in stuff like coffee and tea so I think I may try using cinnamon to flavor/sweeten
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I put cinamon in my tea once - ugh!! It doesn't disolve, it makes your tea gritty, gets stuck in your teeth...
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    Yikes! Ill have to try it and see
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Haha it sounded pretty bizarre as honey is just pure sugar and calories so why would that help my weight go down??
    Im actually trying to get rid of artificial sweeteners in stuff like coffee and tea so I think I may try using cinnamon to flavor/sweeten

Cinnamon is a nice tasting spice and it's not going to hurt anything. But when mixed with hot water and honey it turns into a huge glob of snot at the bottom of your cup :sick:
    Also, in case you didn't know, make sure and get ceylon Cinnamon, not the regular grocery store stuff.

• peaceloveabby01
    Options
    Where would I find that type of cinnamon
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I cook with cinnamon, cayenne, coco powder, vanilla, and a slew of herbs and spices. It has made my weight loss wonderful, because I enjoy every bite I eat.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Where would I find that type of cinnamon

I got mine from a health food store. Are you in the US? If so you'll probably find it in most places.
    I'm in Australia, and everything out of the norm is found in speciality shops.
    Google the difference between ceylon and the regular cinnamon. ..

• lowcarblosing
    lowcarblosing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone-

I've recently been on a new medication that has caused a very rapid weight gain amongst other terrible side effects. I was happily maintaining my weight before the medication with about 30 minutes of exercise a day and walking my dog once a day. However with the medication it didn't matter how much I ate or exercised, I still gained.
    I have since stopped the medication not only because of the weight but because of its ineffectiveness and vicious side effects. But I'm now having trouble getting back to my previous weight. I've increased by exercise a bit and am still eating very healthy but am having trouble getting the weight off.
    I'm not wanting to try like diet pills but I've been reading up on cinnamon or cayenne powder could help me with my mission? I feel like the cayenne would be most effective but I have sort of a sensitive stomach and am prone to heart burn so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm not used to spicy food at all. I don't even really use pepper.

Has anyone had any experiences with either cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or any other herbs/spices that could help me out?

Thanks for any feedback!

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

I always have cinnamon in my coffee. I use a French press, so just put it in with the grounds, add a bit of water, swirl it around, then add the rest of the water and let it brew. You could do the same with a drip filter too.
  • peaceloveabby01
    Options
    I just added cinnamon to some tea I was drinking and it tastes pretty good I think!