Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's 5000 calorie a day diet

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Who cares if he's on PED's what the big deal? Its his body and he's not breaking any records to hurt other peoples accomplishments I say live your life and do your best and he clearly is doing just that!! Even on PED's you have to work out extremely hard and eat a ton of food. I once heard a baseball player say even on steroids you still have to hit a ball moving at 100+ mph.

Reading comprehension? Did anyone pass judgement or say he doesn't work hard?

did someone just white knight the rock ..

would that be the "the peoples white knight"?????
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PED discussion aside, 5,000 a day sounds about right with his specs.

Oh and just because...

1397781765763.jpg

If the OP is freaked out about 5,000 calories...then what Shaq must eat really bake his noodles.

BAHAH Marky looks so short
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Btw, I am reading this thread having about a 1,000 calorie snack. Second meal of the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    PED discussion aside, 5,000 a day sounds about right with his specs.

Oh and just because...

1397781765763.jpg

If the OP is freaked out about 5,000 calories...then what Shaq must eat really bake his noodles.

Barkley is such a goofy lookin' dude....
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Who cares if he's on PED's what the big deal? Its his body and he's not breaking any records to hurt other peoples accomplishments I say live your life and do your best and he clearly is doing just that!! Even on PED's you have to work out extremely hard and eat a ton of food. I once heard a baseball player say even on steroids you still have to hit a ball moving at 100+ mph.

Just insinuating without evidence that someone is using illegal drugs in our society is enough to damage them was my point.

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Just insinuating without evidence that someone is using illegal drugs in our society is enough to damage them was my point.

:| orly?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Btw, I am reading this thread having about a 1,000 calorie snack. Second meal of the day.

Starvation mode, bro.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    A huge guy exercising hard for 2.5 hours per day needs lots of calories to maintain.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    im just her for the rock pictures.....swoon......... <3

220px-Dwayne_Johnson_2%2C_2013.jpg
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    These days celebrities don't usually make my stomach flip-flop... but he honestly does it. His whole persona is just darn sexy!
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Starvation mode, bro.
    For me, starvation mode is that brief period of time between bites.
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    They call him the Rock, looks like a Rock and it's surprising he can eat that much? Well. Dudes veins have their own muscles.

Can we start calling you "The Pebble"?
    Sure, you can call me "The Pebble". You can call me anything you want.

Just not late for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And you know this how? How do you know that he is on PED?
    Because he used them before and it's not common if someone regains about 30lbs and it doesn't happen to be fat.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hendrix7 wrote: »
    it's not unreasonable, he's well over 6ft tall and clearly holds a lot of muscle mass.

This ^^ He's a big guy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You're joking, right? Look at pictures when he wrestled and now. No one is saying he doesn't work hard.. he busts his *kitten*. But 6'4, 260, all muscle... come on now.

Lets compare from when was on the road all the time vs now.
    Now he has the time to eat right, and to work out more than 4 hours a day? compared to when he was always traveling. He dosn't have an 8- 5 type of job. He always has 6 months off.
    I think he has more time to work out.
    Are you also suggesting that Hugh Jackman also take PED for the Xmen films. Compare Xmen or Xmen orgins vs The Wolverine
    Lol, if you're thinking that both the Rock and Jackman are jacked and natural.......................................IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!

See what I did there?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Options
    They call him the Rock, looks like a Rock and it's surprising he can eat that much? Well. Dudes veins have their own muscles.

Can we start calling you "The Pebble"?
    Sure, you can call me "The Pebble". You can call me anything you want.

Just not late for dinner.

I don't like your positive attitude.
    Tears. Delicious.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Because he used them before and it's not common if someone regains about 30lbs and it doesn't happen to be fat.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This is basically my mentality towards it. How does a guy put on 30 lbs of muscle in a relatively short period of time and not gain any fat in the process?